Revolver Upstairs, Chapel St, Prahran, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to worry. Only going to Wil. Should be good. Haven't seen Wil since 2008 I reckon, which was the last time I've been to the comedy fest. Would love to see Scott Dooley and Celia Pacquola before it's all wrapped up. Unfortunately I live 2 hours away.

:up: Nice. I must admit I have only heard Triple J breakfast, but from what I've heard from Matt, I prefer him over TomWhoSpokeReallyFast and wasn't all that funny.

Sounds like we are both living the dream! I sprayed for weeds this morning. Two hours In the car this afternoon.

It's funny, I always hated Tom Ballard on the Js, but I saw him do a 10-minute stand-up bit the other night and it was so fucking good I'm actually gonna see him this week.

Just realised Dools is playing until next Sunday, which means I could possibly make it. Would you or any of you other superthreaders be keen? I'll probably try and get to a few other gigs as well.

All depends on a doggy-sitter.

It's funny, I always hated Tom Ballard on the Js, but I saw him do a 10-minute stand-up bit the other night and it was so fucking good I'm actually gonna see him this week.

Really? Tom and Alex = the fucking worst.

It's been at least 4 years since I listened to JJJ on a somewhat regular basis and I don't remember ever feeling much of a connection with any of the presenters there. Hamish and Andy on the other hand (I don't know how popular a opinion liking them is here, but) were always really enjoyable.

I only know Hamish and Andy from their appearances on Spicks & Specks, but Hamish was legitimately hilarious in his million appearances.

Wil's show was great I think that was the third time I've seen him, always good. The two girls next to me I don't think laughed once...I heard one complain about his beliefs on religion and stuff...so I don't think they took his comedy in the right way. Think I've caught the MICF bug off you Danny.

Chickened myself out of a photo op with Wil. Annoyed at myself. Had a line prepared and everything The opening of the show he asked I guy what he did for a living. Which was Civil Engineering and Wil said "so you are like...we will politely build that bridge over there" anywho I was going say "I don't mean to be rude can I civilly have a photo? :facepalm: It's incredibly lame I KNOW! But felt funny at the time. Others were having photos but by the time I built up the confidence I felt it was too late.

I saw Tom Ballard at a comedy thingy thingo in Feb and he was so funny!! I don't understand the hate. Hopefully seeing Wil (and others!) this week!

Tom Ballard is a twerpy little git who should never be allowed near a music-related setting ever again in his life. Awful on both Triple J and Spicks & Specks.

Nice one dude. I should really go to more comedy shows, I enjoyed what little I saw at the Fringe.

I saw Bendytoot Cuntabort on the weekend, that was pretty cool. Really doesn't look like a person.

I think Bonnie was referring to Mr Cummerbund Cumberbatch... I heard he was at Oz Comic Con in Adelaide. I don't mind him as an actor, but I haven't seen Sherlock and I don't get all the hysterical fangirling. :shrug:

I had never heard of him until the Oscars, but I love him for photobombing U2. Was the only interesting thing U2 were involved in that night.

hey fuck you man attyclub is great and cobl is great and ahhh cant be fucked.

you know what's actually interesting. i have defied instagram for so long. but it appears the girl that i am in love with (the unrequited one from our last drunken postwhore) posts hot selfies on instagram that don't pop up on facebook so i might have to give in and get it.

BUT i've resisted for so long... i would feel dirty.

Back
Top Bottom