Revolver Upstairs, Chapel St, Prahran, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Danny was keen on Brutale, are you guys okay with that or would you prefer somewhere else? I'm cool with anything, so someone text me where we're meeting... and when, I guess. Was it 7:30 or so?

Glad you liked it Liam :) promise I will listen to the tracks you posted very soon!

I'm feeling pretty poor as well, but it should be fine... Shall we meet at Brutale then? 730? is it byo?

Cool sounds good, I'll come down straight from work and meet you guys there.

Good man, Danny. :up:

Unrelated: I'm going to get my thesis bound by Doncaster Bookbinders, who are based precisely where the name Doncaster Bookbinders would indicate... Moorabbin.

Good god, I'd be half-dead by now if I hadn't already had a decent breakfast and lunch.

Good man, Danny. :up:

Unrelated: I'm going to get my thesis bound by Doncaster Bookbinders, who are based precisely where the name Doncaster Bookbinders would indicate... Moorabbin.

That is very geographically confused of them. Maybe the Doncaster business was so successful they opened up another branch but didn't want to lose brand recognition... or else they're completely lost.

I slept in until 9:30 cos my power went out overnight and my alarm didn't go off, so I got to work at 10:30 and spent most of the day doing things which I was just told were completely pointless cos the testing system wasn't ready yet, hooray, and I was so busy doing pointless things that I didn't get a chance to go to lunch. I've been getting by on lollies, but I don't want to heat up my emergency soup now in case I'm too full for a lovely parma tonight.

:crack:

Really need a laugh after a day like this!

I'll pass on the gin, but I'm definitely having a cider with dinner. In fact since I didn't have my 30 minute lunch break, I could just go now and start on the cider early...

You all have good excuses to indulge and I'm just like yep...got dressed...ate at least One meal...

It's been like 4 days and being unemployed is already shitting me

I do, however, have a job interview tomorrow, so. I'm so hungry!!

I'm definitely having a beer (or a gin!) to celebrate the fact I just put the very final touches on the final, printable copy of my thesis. It's off to be bound tomorrow. :up:

(I had only three piddling revisions to do after it was passed by the examiners in late February, but one I couldn't insert until last Friday since I was awaiting the arrival of a map from New Zealand. Then the pressures of Actual Gainful Employment meant I didn't do the bloody tedious formatting until today.)

Actually interviewed Asher Treleaven today for another story for The New Daily. Lovely bloke... I think he may have some mental demons (most comedians seem to have dealt with them at some stage), as he says he finds comedy extremely stressful and depressing at times. But he says with this new show he is enjoying himself on stage for the first time in years, thanks to embracing his silly side more (he's from the circus!). Really wish him the best and I do hope he plays to bigger rooms in the future. I think he's really funny and multi-faceted.

Nice :up: He certainly has embraced silliness, if that lobster dance was anything to go by.

I get the impression that inner demons fuel an awful lot of performing careers, be they in acting, music, comedy, whatever.

The payoff at the end of the review bit where he was like "the only thing that's getting fucking crushed tonight is another can of Solo!!!!" followed by him struggling to drink it was so fucking funny.

Goddamnit I want to see Peter Garrett with the Hunnas.

And well done on interviewing Treleaven! :up:

Back
Top Bottom