Revolver Upstairs, Chapel St, Prahran, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dramatic readings of bad/ridiculous fanfiction have become a regular fixture of drinking with some mates in particular. I will not forget HPBAC, for future reference.

In regards to Guggenheims, I'd absolutely love to see Gehry's Bilbao one, or his Disney building that becomes a death ray sometimes.

"Period gem"? Good god, judging by the indoors, even I reckon knock it over and start again. Not much chance of saving that.

Love the random sneakers in one photo.

Ay yeah I heard that was a thing. Funny, the other day I was talking to a mate about them because his uncle or someone was an actor in DAAS Kapital, then we find out this is happening.

Flacco? The fuck? That kind of puts me off.

We can't do 23/08, but 22/08 is totally doable.

I thought Yarraville was in the west, like near Newport...? Am I very confused?

No, I am. Dammit.
(It's just over the Westgate, which means if we go on the Friday night, I'll have to leave work at midday last Tuesday, to get there in time.)

Why can't places starting with "Yarra" all be in the Yarra valley??

And yeah, never was a big fan of Flacco.

It just baffles me that they'd rope in Flacco, of all people, to flesh out the trio for the reunion. You'd think there are much more likely candidates.

To be honest I'm only interested if it's cheap. I've always thought musical comedy to be the weakest form of comedy.

Who is Flacco though?
joe-flacco.jpg

Who is Flacco though? Was he not in the original DAAS or something? What am I missing?

Flacco's that bald comedian with the single curl of hair. He's replacing Richard Fidler for the reunion. I think he made guest appearances on DAAS Kapital back in the day?

Any reason why he's not involved? It will be interesting to see what Tim Ferguson is like on stage. His MS seems to flare up at times. I saw him at The Toff with Paul a while back and he was affected.

Flacco used to be on Good News Week a fair bit.

That Lord Flacko shit always throws me, always think he's talking about the comedian. Not exactly the most dangerous image.

Going back, but what you think of Long Live ASAP anyway? Not sure I heard your opinion outside of the Kendrick tracks. Didn't really care for it last year except for 1 Train and Fashion Killa, but recently spun it again and was surprised by how many tracks I liked. Outside of that Skrillex disaster, it's pretty great. Still wanna cut off one of those braids though.

Dearly loved Goldie, Fuckin Problems and 1 Train, as well as LVL, and to a lesser extent LongLiveASAP, PMW and Fashion Killa, but found much of the rest pretty intolerable. The Skrillex track is an abomination, but it was huge.

Liam, Ashley, I'm not entirely clear why either of you reckoned I should listen to that Protomartyr album given my fondness for the Eagulls' self-titled, at least not based on the two sample tracks on Bandcamp ("Scum, Rise!" and "Come and See"). It lacks either of the qualities that make Eagulls great: the fast-paced shoegazy guitars or the frantic vocals.

Back
Top Bottom