Revolver Upstairs, Chapel St, Prahran, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome x2

(on visiting MoMA, I realised that a lot of great art came about from groups of artists living/working/arting in a set space, so hopefully good things will come)

some good news of personal matter: My studio group is moving into a studio/gallery space in the middle of the city next to an Irish pub and we can do whatever the fuck we want with the building. also can't remember if I've broken the news here but I'm gonna be an aunty. :heart:

Awesome stuff Bonnaios! :up:

Thanks guys, it's really exciting, my year's been a bit of a downer so far so hopefully this is a real turnaround. :)

Awesome x2

(on visiting MoMA, I realised that a lot of great art came about from groups of artists living/working/arting in a set space, so hopefully good things will come)

You visited MoMA as well? Goddamn. Yeah, if you've got a good, encouraging group, a collective is a great idea. We're gonna have another artist group move in next doors as well (it's spread over one huge building), and there's another studio of grads from my school just down the road, so it's gonna be a fun little hub.

01-snidely-whiplash.jpg

AXVER!

I see you have also heard All Love's Legal.

We need to discuss this...posthaste.

A good message cannot excuse really boring music with lyrics so fucking preachy they belt you around the head and stop you from ever actually just enjoying the album for what it is.

That song pissed me off the most, because it was the only one with music strong enough to overcome the awful lyrics, but even then, the lyrics were AWFUL.

I listened to it a few months ago, and my prevailing memory is the sensation of somebody trying to sing unimaginative protest slogans at me. It's like she didn't even bother to actually think about the lyrics, she just came up with the song titles and wandered into the recording studio and thought it would all be cool.

I didn't know you liked him! I just find his existence tremendously embarrassing for everyone. Plus, he probably stole from Le1f, a supercute, talented and underappreciated gay rapper, but of course Macklemore's getting all the awards that should be going to better artists. Most punchable face in the mainstream music industry right now.

and obligatory budget despair goes here. Still feels like a bad dream.

Back
Top Bottom