Review the Last Movie You Viewed Part VI: Satisfying the A-R crowd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nienumb2sn6.jpg

Taken absolutely blows, is full of ridiculously unrealistic action, plot holes, and gross generalizations and stereotypes and misinformation, and I cannot fathom how it got an 8 on imdb when it derserves a 5-6 tops.

saw Tropic Thunder - yes it is kinda funny. I guess I do love Jack Black and getting to love Ben Stiller esp these two together. I did laugh real hard at the 'Ben Stiller's hands' bit at the beginning when he talked to Robert.

Robert Downey is funny but I dont think his performance is like Oscar worthy.

anyhow yea, rate this 6 outta 10, mainly for being funny at times.

also, Girl in the Park - 6 and a half outta 10 - good performances, good movie. However sometimes Sigourney kinda made me question about the 16 years later - with her performance.

River's Edge

It's like Stand By Me, but without the nostalgia factor. And with Crispin Glover!

No. I just knew that it was my density to watch this movie. :)

It's been in my Netflix queue for ages, and it was finally time to just watch it and get it out of my queue.

No. I just knew that it was my density to watch this movie. :)

It's been in my Netflix queue for ages, and it was finally time to just watch it and get it out of my queue.

Right next to a movie starring Ronald Reagan... THE ACTOR?!

I think I might trade-in my BTTF set to pick up the new individual DVDs, if only to have the Ride as a special feature.

Panic Room was better than I was expecting to be, but when you have a full-on mancrush on David Fincher, it's easy to be pleased. It's a fairly standard thriller, thanks to screenwriter extraordinaire David Koepp, but the cast n' shit elevate it to something better than middling-level stuff, you know?

Frost/Nixon - damn, that was extremely good, even better than I thought it would be.

I've now seen every film worth seeing in town. :grumpy:

Frost/Nixon - damn, that was extremely good, even better than I thought it would be.

I've now seen every film worth seeing in town. :grumpy:

yes
it is a damn good film

Langella is extraordinarily good

supporting cast is great, a very solid film,

the directing is consistent, it is better than slumdog

and Langella is better than Mickey Rourke

I was glued to the TV during the Watergate years and I laughed outloud when Frost said he kept getting the Germans mixed up (Haldeman and Erlichman). I remember being completely obsessed with trying to keep all the characters straight. It was the first time I started paying attention to politics and also the first time that I had a sense that my parents were probably on the wrong side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom