Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also used to do the Lama Su commercials.

LamaSu0310.jpg

Are you not going to comment on those Watchmen posters, YLB?

Has the excitement worn off so soon?

I think they're fucking phenomenal and I'm already pissing off all of my non-nerdy friends with all of my Watchmen talk.

Ozymandias' poster is my favorite for the foreshadowing and such... although I thought his lynx was more pink than purple in the comics. The rest is so dead-on though.

Hey LMP, did you get the last Entertaintment weekly? It has good info regarding Watchmen

Oh no, I did not, thanks for the heads up.

Michael Caine marathon going on TCM today, fuckos. I'm DVR'ing Alfie, A Bridge to Far, and Get Carter.

Speaking of Caine, I rewatched The Prestige last night.

I have a question about the ending... Can I assume everyone here has seen it before I ask it (to avoid spoilers for anyone)

I have not seen it. But you could always do your super secret American Idol spoiler font thingy...

Speaking of Caine, I rewatched The Prestige last night.

I have a question about the ending... Can I assume everyone here has seen it before I ask it (to avoid spoilers for anyone)

Go for it. SkyBlue can mask the text if you want to type it out that way.

When Bale's character is sent to be hung at the end, what does he say/whisper? We turned it up & rewinded a few times, but could never figure it out. And which one lived, or did they both? And how did Jackman's character fake his own death to frame Bale's character(s)?

Highlight for the answer:

He said, "Abra-cababra."

That Borden twin did in fact die... I would think it's the more callous "Freddie" than "Alfred." Alfred was the one at the end who killed Angier and got his daughter back.

Angier's machine duplicated him, leaving him to appear at the far end of the stage while one dropped into that tank to drown. At the beginning of the film, Borden's framed for drowning Angier in the tank. One of the last shots of the movie reveals there to be multiple tanks where the other drowned Angier duplicates were.

I didn't realize there were multiple tanks :hmm: I was confused by the multiplying/duplicating that occured, like when Angier left Tesla's place and there were many hats strewn across the forest. That makes more sense. I knew Alfred was the one to survive & get his daughter back. He would light up around her. But that begs another question. Which "Fred" was arrested & convicted? That would have been Freddie & not Alfred, right? Glad I still have this on TiVo, I can go back and see a few thangs

I need to see that again. I spent the first watch drooling over Mr. Jackman. Now I must go back and do the same for Senor Bale.

{/shallow}

I did like the movie for other reasons, too. Just sayin'.

Oh no, I did not, thanks for the heads up.

Michael Caine marathon going on TCM today, fuckos. I'm DVR'ing Alfie, A Bridge to Far, and Get Carter.

What you should be DVRing is the fucking Chaplin marathon tomorrow. If you haven't seen this, I HIGHLY recommend:

The Kid (9:15am EST)
The Gold Rush (1:45pm EST)
City Lights (4:15pm EST)

These are some of the finest things ever committed to celluloid. DO NOT MISS.

What you should be DVRing is the fucking Chaplin marathon tomorrow. If you haven't seen this, I HIGHLY recommend:

If I wanted to watch some crazy white guy with a mustache act batshit crazy without talking I'd go to the park.

I've got those planned to be DVR'd too, kemosabi, along with Modern Times, thanks though.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS

I didn't realize there were multiple tanks :hmm: I was confused by the multiplying/duplicating that occured, like when Angier left Tesla's place and there were many hats strewn across the forest. That makes more sense. I knew Alfred was the one to survive & get his daughter back. He would light up around her. But that begs another question. Which "Fred" was arrested & convicted? That would have been Freddie & not Alfred, right? Glad I still have this on TiVo, I can go back and see a few thangs

Yeah, the machine actually worked, and is one of the main themes of the movie, the plausibility science vs. magic. Like Cutter says, Tesla's a wizard and they're only magicians. The hats and the two cats confirm the duplication, and the scene where Angier tests the machine and shoots his double confirms it yet again. The tragedy is that he kills himself every night on-stage to hear his own acclaim because of what happened with his earlier "Disappearing Man" trick.

Freddie was arrested and never escaped, I think... that makes the last talk with Fallon at the jail all the more important.

I've got those planned to be DVR'd too, kemosabi, along with Modern Times, thanks though.

Come to think of it, you may want to get Chaplin's Monsieur Verdoux as well. Based on a story by Orson Welles. It's a talkie, and a very controversial film in its condemnation of society. It also happens to be hilarious.

Come to think of it, you may want to get Chaplin's Monsieur Verdoux as well. Based on a story by Orson Welles. It's a talkie, and a very controversial film in its condemnation of society. It also happens to be hilarious.

Will do, thanks.

I'm gonna try and watch Scorsese's After Hours tonight and free up some DVR space.

I just watched The New World again.

Once again, I'm seriously bummed I didn't go see this on the big screen. What a beautiful, beautiful movie. Perfect use of music, and I wonder if Q'urianka (sp?) Kilcher will do anything again?

... and I just bought the Wagner Vorspiel from Das Rheingold off iTunes, since the music is just so wonderful in the movie. (And of course not on the soundtrack. Figures.)

I just watched The New World again.

Once again, I'm seriously bummed I didn't go see this on the big screen. What a beautiful, beautiful movie. Perfect use of music, and I wonder if Q'urianka (sp?) Kilcher will do anything again?

... and I just bought the Wagner Vorspiel from Das Rheingold off iTunes, since the music is just so wonderful in the movie. (And of course not on the soundtrack. Figures.)

I wish more people would take a chance on this It's obviously not your typical film experience, but it's so amazing. An orgy of image and sound.

Have you seen Days of Heaven? Different subject matter but similar style, same director. And features a young Richard Gere.

Breathtaking:

days-of-heavenPDVD_00501.jpg

days-of-heavenPDVD_01401.jpg

days%20of%20heaven%20PDVD_013.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom