Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FUN indeed! Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was fun from beginning to end. I also felt myself grinning the whole time, and the audience was really into it. I would rank it better than Temple of Doom, but not quite on par with Raiders and Last Crusade, as expected. Still, even my mom who hates violence and action films loved it :up:

Into the Wild which was produced by Sean Penn. ESCELLENT film. I highly recommend it to everyone. It ws slightly long at over 2 hours, but the message is great, the scenery is gorgeous and the ending is.....well, you'll just have to see it to find out for yourself.

I LOVE this film! I've seen it twice and loved it just as much each time. Great performances, sweet and caring and sad and heartbreaking all at the same time. Emile Hirsch gave and amazing performance in this film.

High, high recommendation.

Finally saw I'm Not There 3 days ago, I had been looking forward to this since I read one sentence about it couple years back but of course when it came out, I missed it's one week run in the theater and never got to it fast enough once it was released in dvd. During that time the only thing that grew was nervousness, Dylan is a genius, an idol, someone whose music I have been obsessed with since I discovered it, so what if the movie sucked...or what if I'm too biased to think that no movie can do him justice..or what if i'm just biased that I will think it's the best thing since sliced bread?

Well, all I could think of once the movie ended, was Why Did I Not See This Sooner?
Each character was well acted, and I greatly enjoyed that each had its own color scheme, and style. Every shot was visually stunning, every sentence piercing, it was one of those films that I tried to find faults but really, ..it was too difficult (excpet for Bale's hair in Pressing On). Prior to the movie I was really looking forward to Ledger's and Bale's parts the most, and while there wasn't a part I didn't like,...my two favorites were easily Blanchette's (sp?) and Gere's. Blanchette inhabited the character far too well, it was like watching snippetes of Don't Look Back, the maneurisms, the pattern of speech, and physically, wow! Watching her in the 'Balld of a Thin Man' performance was spinechilling, easily one of the most talented actresses working today..or ever, really. Then there was Gere's part,
which was so visually aesthetic with its carnival-like town, it was sparse and poetic
and to me the most touching. I've since seen this movie twice in the course of three days and I'll probably watching it for the third time very soon, it's plagued my mind since.

10/10

Alright, so I'm gonna post a rambling but spoiler-free review of INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL here.

The operative word here is FUN.

It's been about 3 hours now since I actually left the theater. I didn't talk to any of my friends for about 20 minutes after we walked out....I needed some time to reflect in silence.

It rocks. It's funny. It's thrilling. It winks at the past but is firmly set in its time period...they make no mistake about this being set in the 50's. That is especially the case in the first half of the movie - which, right now, I would say I enjoyed more than the second half.

Ford owns the role as much as he ever has.

Spielberg gives us a lot of his grand hero shots of Indy, and the shots look great. Obviously this guy is a master filmmaker...and he lets us know what he's capable of early and often.

Shia didn't bug me at all - in fact I really liked his character for the most part and thought he had some cool moments.

The big action scenes were fucking awesome...the audience (packed theater) cheered more than a few times. I think the first half of the movie stands up with a lot of the high points of the rest of the series - especially the sequences surrounding Indy and Mutt's first encounter.

There were moments after the midway point where I felt things didn't quite click and the pace was off. But whatever, the more I think about it, the more I want to go back and watch it again.

Final verdict -

The smiles that kept appearing on my face outweighed any shortcomings that I came across.

Indy Jones :rockon: !!!

I really wish I could agree with this. My theater had mostly silence. Some laughter. Definitely no cheering. It was fun at times. I wanted to like it more than I really did. At least it did not suck, and, it was no worse than Temple of Doom.

Actually...

lando7.jpg

I'm the pimp on the right.

Was anyone else baffled by the amount of white people in Indy IV? Apart from the natives in Peru/The Amazon, it was Honky City.

NSW and I both agree it's because of Lucas' unspoken racism.

Last edited:
that is why I saw it on the big screen

and I did enjoy it

there are some movies, that watching on my 32"
TV would not be hold my attention

I wanted to like it. I really did. I could actually see the big screen serving it well. Maybe I'll pick it up where I left off and give it another try. It's the kind of thing you have to be in the mood for, and I guess I wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom