Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) IV - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:26 PM
My Bond-a-thon continues....am up to Live and Let Die......which I always liked and look forward to re-watching after so long. I remember Moore sliding nicely into the role.

Liked On Her Majesty's Secret Service a lot more than I anticipated, especially the final scene, which was, as Laz said, hardcore. Forgot how meh I felt about Diamonds are Forever until re-watching it. Tiffany Case, though, was not meh.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 AM
When in the hell, are they going to make a full length feature on Hatchet or My Side of the Mountain?

Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
My Bond-a-thon continues....am up to Live and Let Die......which I always liked and look forward to re-watching after so long. I remember Moore sliding nicely into the role.

Liked On Her Majesty's Secret Service a lot more than I anticipated, especially the final scene, which was, as Laz said, hardcore. Forgot how meh I felt about Diamonds are Forever until re-watching it. Tiffany Case, though, was not meh.

Diamonds is about as bad as any Moore installment.

I agree about Jill St. John. I'd totally meh her.

Welcome back, Dalton. How's it hanger?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 AM
Same as always, Laz, about 3 inches from lance's left eye ...
Old 02-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Dalton, Laz is not the same without you around. Please do not disappear again, at least not without alerting him first.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Out of sheer curiosity, what do you actually like? Every post of yours is a criticism of someone else liking something, be it TV, music, film. You are so persistently negative that I wonder if you actually ever derive pleasure from anything.
As far as Wong Kar-wai goes, I think that Happy Together is, far and away, his best work. It's one of my favorite movies of the '90s, and the main reason why I consider Tony Leung to be the best living actor we've got, in this world. Amazing stuff. He'll never be that great, again. Chungking Express is also another of my favorite, from the decade. My favorite romantic comedy (of sorts) of all time.

I watched No Country For Old Men, a few weeks ago, as far as more contemporary stuff goes, and I enjoyed its brazen reimagination of Wenders's Texas, as I saw it. Maybe even saw a bit of Hitchcock's American landscape, buried in there. Very intriguing. Terribly beautiful, not too underwritten, and generally well-performed (although Tommy Lee Jones was a bit too Morgan Freeman, at times, for my taste).

Anyway, I apologize for not having the same taste as you, and, of course, for being honest about my own opinions. I won't be back in this thread any time soon, so no worries. I didn't know that we were only supposed to post positive reviews and avoid commenting about what we thought about other films being reviewed; nothing wrong with that, but I didn't get the memo. Word up.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

As far as Wong Kar-wai goes, I think that Happy Together is, far and away, his best work. It's one of my favorite movies of the '90s, and the main reason why I consider Tony Leung to be the best living actor we've got, in this world. Amazing stuff. He'll never be that great, again. Chungking Express is also another of my favorite, from the decade. My favorite romantic comedy (of sorts) of all time.

I watched No Country For Old Men, a few weeks ago, as far as more contemporary stuff goes, and I enjoyed its brazen reimagination of Wenders's Texas, as I saw it. Maybe even saw a bit of Hitchcock's American landscape, buried in there. Very intriguing. Terribly beautiful, not too underwritten, and generally well-performed (although Tommy Lee Jones was a bit too Morgan Freeman, at times, for my taste).

Anyway, I apologize for not having the same taste as you, and, of course, for being honest about my own opinions. I won't be back in this thread any time soon, so no worries. I didn't know that we were only supposed to post positive reviews and avoid commenting about what we thought about other films being reviewed; nothing wrong with that, but I didn't get the memo. Word up.
Holy fuck, it's not about having the same taste. I make negative posts as well, I'm no pollyanna.

I just see you piss on a lot of people's posts, yet you rarely have anything positive to say, and that struck me as curious. I asked what you liked, and you replied in kind, which I appreciate. I don't know why being queried/mildly confronted would cause you to retreat from anything, let alone a thread on a web site.

No Country is a fucking masterpiece as far as I'm concerned, both the book and the film.

Anyway, was not trying to drive you out of this or any other thread, sorry if that's the net result.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Quote:

You are a far more forgiving viewer of this film than I was, when I saw it, many moons ago. The only thing I liked about it was the soundtrack! It's interesting, though, to see his ambience in an embryonic stage.
Fair enough, I suppose, NSW. I would, all the same, encourage you to explain to me how this post is pissing on anything, or even how it seems "persistently negative." As far as three-sentence posts go, I feel that I was, as always, even-handed and reasonable. There's a wink in there, for fuck's sake, you know? What else does a brother gotta do?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Fair enough, I suppose, NSW. I would, all the same, encourage you to explain to me how this post is pissing on anything, or even how it seems "persistently negative." As far as three-sentence posts go, I feel that I was, as always, even-handed and reasonable. There's a wink in there, for fuck's sake, you know? What else does a brother gotta do?
Well, it's true, you're not exactly making a savage attack, I concede that. But, Lance did express that he liked the film, and your reply was that you liked nothing about it save the soundtrack. Then the wink, yes.

I guess my post was less about this one post, and instead was due to a cumulative effect from a few threads.

I probably could have been more tactful with my initial post.

A brother aint gotta do anything else. It's all good.

Holla.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:05 AM   #25
The Male

Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story

It was pretty lukewarm. Like most anything Family Guy-related, it's a mixture of brilliance and eye-rolling. The plot was alright, but a bit disjointed. Not that such a thing ever mattered with this show. These days, they pack 5 different plots into 19 minutes, so packing about 4 different plots into 80 minutes really isn't so bad in comparison.

Forgettable, but occasionally very good.

7/10
Old 02-10-2008, 03:11 AM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

I LOVE that movie. When they're asking people on the street what they would choose as an alternate name for San Francisco, and Older Stewie says "Considering all the shoe stores here I'd have to say 'Heaven'!"

The whole thing is hilarious.

And BTW, how is lukewarm 7/10? You must be on Lance's grading scale.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 AM   #27
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
I LOVE that movie. When they're asking people on the street what they would choose as an alternate name for San Francisco, and Older Stewie says "Considering all the shoe stores here I'd have to say 'Heaven'!"

The whole thing is hilarious.

And BTW, how is lukewarm 7/10? You must be on Lance's grading scale.
Lukewarm should probably be closer to 5 or 6, sure, but I must agree that there were a few AMAZINGLY funny moments.

Plus, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a few of the jokes that I simply didn't get due to my ignorance of what they were parodying.

Now.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:14 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:26 AM
Across the Universe- not as a good as I thought it would be
Old 02-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

The intro where Lois is drunk at the movie premiere is pretty great, too.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:26 AM
The Beatles songs in the movie were good and I eventually liked the movie

Tags
movie reviews