Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) III - Page 68 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #1006
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

I saw it alone first, and then with friends. I enjoyed it soooooo much better alone.
We'll see if it's the same for me. I suspect it will be.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #1007
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:17 PM
I decided to check No Country For Old Men before it disappeared from Australian cinemas.

I thought that the first three quarters of the film were absolutely brilliant and tense as hell. Fantastic cinematography, great performances, and I can't remember the last time a movie character scared me as much as Xavier Bardem's Anton Chigurh did in this film (despite sporting one of the silliest on-screen haircuts ever).

The last twenty minutes or so didn't really work for me though, mostly because I didn't think that the sheriff character was all that strong and switching to his perspective after everything that went on before was anti-climatic to say the least. I actually liked the grim resolution and the lack of conventional final shoot-out, but boy did those long rambling scenes with Tommy Lee Jones test my patience.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #1008
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 05:17 AM
An American In Paris is playing at this historic theatre in Tampa, and I'm debating whether or not I should go. I've only seen this on the big screen once, and it wasn't even really in a theatre. When I was living in Paris a few years ago, they had a festival where they showed movies outside in the locations they were set. So they had Moulin Rouge on this big hill underneath Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, An American in Paris at the Trocadero fountain, etc. Imagine seeing a movie with the Eiffel Tower all lit up right to your left. Amazing.

Anyway, Paris has so many amazing films playing at all times, it puts every American city to shame. Every week there's like several different festivals, showing films by notable directors, all kinds of classics. I probably saw 60 films over the 4 months I was there. No joke. I also got to see Dogville at least 6 months before it arrived in the U.S.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #1009
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:17 AM
The last series of scenes with Sheriff Bell in No Country were far and away the best parts of the film for me.

The film was viewed predominantly through his perspective, and he was the main character, if you were to say there was one.

His last monologue is among the best I've seen.