Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely feel I should see it again, as I wasn't in the best of moods the other night for whatever reason, though I doubt it will break my top 5 even on second viewing.

U2 3D. 20/10.

So awesome. I wanted to reach out and touch them all.

Across the Universe. 6/10.

Stupid ass love story. Great integration of Beatles music, though. It was an interesting concept, but felt a little too contrived for my liking.

anitram said:
U2 3D. 20/10.

So awesome. I wanted to reach out and touch them all.

I believe this was monkeyskin's exact review of The Mighty Ducks!

2770997084_TV_CHRIS_HANSENx.jpg

Well I felt like commenting in depth on the skinnyness of Larry's legs and awfulness of his mullet would make me seem shallow.

anitram said:
Well I felt like commenting in depth on the skinnyness of Larry's legs and awfulness of his mullet would make me seem shallow.

You're away from the confines of FYM. Shallow ahoy.

Is it bad that I'm probably gonna see U23D a 3rd time this weekend, because I want to see it by myself for once and not with friends??? I don't even know how my own mind works.

I need to go before this gets yanked. Seems like more of a group type of film though. I've been to one concert alone and it was kind of lame.

I actually totally get it.

Because I went with people, but one of them (friend of a friend) kept commenting and was seriously distracting me from checking out the aforementioned skinny legs.

lazarus said:
I need to go before this gets yanked. Seems like more of a group type of film though. I've been to one concert alone and it was kind of lame.

The first time I saw it, it was with a few other big fans, and that was great.

The 2nd was with my ex, who wanted to see it with me, but I spent more time wondering if she was liking it than anything else.

So, this time, I go alone.

I've been to movies alone, ballgames, even overseas once, but never a concert alone....I would, but, just have not.

I go to movies alone all the time. Honestly I prefer it. But that's because I'm a snobby movie douche with no friends.

Oh well. Such is life.

anitram said:
I actually totally get it.

Because I went with people, but one of them (friend of a friend) kept commenting and was seriously distracting me from checking out the aforementioned skinny legs.

I saw it alone first, and then with friends. I enjoyed it soooooo much better alone.

I decided to check No Country For Old Men before it disappeared from Australian cinemas.

I thought that the first three quarters of the film were absolutely brilliant and tense as hell. Fantastic cinematography, great performances, and I can't remember the last time a movie character scared me as much as Xavier Bardem's Anton Chigurh did in this film (despite sporting one of the silliest on-screen haircuts ever).

The last twenty minutes or so didn't really work for me though, mostly because I didn't think that the sheriff character was all that strong and switching to his perspective after everything that went on before was anti-climatic to say the least. I actually liked the grim resolution and the lack of conventional final shoot-out, but boy did those long rambling scenes with Tommy Lee Jones test my patience.

An American In Paris is playing at this historic theatre in Tampa, and I'm debating whether or not I should go. I've only seen this on the big screen once, and it wasn't even really in a theatre. When I was living in Paris a few years ago, they had a festival where they showed movies outside in the locations they were set. So they had Moulin Rouge on this big hill underneath Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, An American in Paris at the Trocadero fountain, etc. Imagine seeing a movie with the Eiffel Tower all lit up right to your left. Amazing.

Anyway, Paris has so many amazing films playing at all times, it puts every American city to shame. Every week there's like several different festivals, showing films by notable directors, all kinds of classics. I probably saw 60 films over the 4 months I was there. No joke. I also got to see Dogville at least 6 months before it arrived in the U.S.

The last series of scenes with Sheriff Bell in No Country were far and away the best parts of the film for me.

The film was viewed predominantly through his perspective, and he was the main character, if you were to say there was one.

His last monologue is among the best I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom