Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gus is involved, for sure. Space Moon can be the site of the Final Four, but, not the site for all of it....you need 16 sites for the first 2 rounds, then 8 sites for the next 2 rounds, so 24 sites besides Space Moon.....that's where Hoth, Krypton, Gotham City, Arrakis (Dune in the house!), etc pop up. By the way, I'd love to see Paul Atriedes in this shit.....tough to match up with the Kwisatz Haderach. Fuck you, Sting.

corianderstem said:

I couldn't quite figure out what Jimmy Root and Woody Harrelson had to do with everything. They were in on the drug deal? Who did they work for?

Jimmy Root was the big man in charge. He was responsible for the purchase of the drugs in the botched-deal. He hired Chigurh to find the money. He also hired the Mexicans to find it, thinking more people = better. That's why Chigurh kills him. Once he realized Chigurh was playing by his own rules, he hired Woody to go find/stop him. Woody's character has a history with Chigurh, likely serving together in the war.

It doesn't really matter who Root was though, or the specifics of the deal, since that whole plot thread is really just a macguffin.

Gotcha. Thanks!

I was thrown off by the big, fancy office building and the mention of Harrelson as a retired military officer; I thought they were supposed to be government or something.

No spoken words said:
Gus is involved, for sure. Space Moon can be the site of the Final Four, but, not the site for all of it....you need 16 sites for the first 2 rounds, then 8 sites for the next 2 rounds, so 24 sites besides Space Moon.....that's where Hoth, Krypton, Gotham City, Arrakis (Dune in the house!), etc pop up. By the way, I'd love to see Paul Atriedes in this shit.....tough to match up with the Kwisatz Haderach. Fuck you, Sting.

Vulcan, The outpost from The Thing, Mordor, LV-426, The Labyrinth (David Bowie's, bitches), The Yakatomi Building, Ceti Alpha V, and Skynet should also be considered.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Vulcan, The outpost from The Thing, Mordor, LV-426, The Labyrinth (David Bowie's, bitches), The Yakatomi Building, Ceti Alpha V, and Skynet should also be considered.

Absolutely.

This will be funnier than Beav's smiley battle, but not as popular, because everyone uses the smileys now and then, but not everyone wants to see Li Mu Bai take on Magneto. Fools.

Lookee what my brother got me for my birthday!

gotcha.jpg

What?

Jonathan: You still a Homeboy?
Manalo: You still a white boy? Yeah, you're in a gang, you're in a gang for life.
Jonathan: Think the Homeboys could do me a little favor?
Manalo: Yeah.

That moved me. Even mudfeld thought that was a riveting and true to life scene.

No spoken words said:

Absolutely.

This will be funnier than Beav's smiley battle, but not as popular, because everyone uses the smileys now and then, but not everyone wants to see Li Mu Bai take on Magneto. Fools.

Soon they will learn.

He'd be on the list. "Aye, run and you'll live, stay and you might die".

I'd be tempted to put Longshanks in the villians category, just for tossing his fop son's "friend" out the fucking turret.

If it's Awesome Lo Pan over Crippled Lo Pan, then I think he makes it to the finals.

Q got pretty goofy as his appearances went on.

I'd put Khan or The Borg on there over Q.

He got goofy, but if he gets some proper focus/coaching prior to the tourney, well, you don't want to be facing off against him. Khan's in. The Borg, though, not sure....this is for individuals, not a collective.

True on both counts. The Borg are a tricky species... does the same rule apply to the aliens from the Alien series? I'm a little hesitant to consider the Alien Queen, since Ripley pwned her ass pretty thoroughly in the end.

Sisko, Picard, and Kirk should all be in for the heroes, methinks. The more I watch DS9, the more I realize he's the fucking man.

Same with Det. John Shaft and Jules Winnfield.

Ah jeez, I'll write up a list and run it by you guys later.

I think we need a list of 50 from each, then we need to come to an agreement on 32 from each, then the seeding begins.....this is not going to be easy. This will be labor intensive. But, a labor of love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom