Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
American Beauty - 10/10

I can't believe it took me so long to watch this film. I'm not going to write much because I just finished watching it, and quite frankly I'm still in shock. I don't believe I have ever seen a more perfect or beautiful film in my entire life. On a technical level it is a cinematic masterpiece, and on a residual level I've never seen a more touching exposure of the human spirit.

Now, back away and give me some time to breath.

One of my favs.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #107
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

Go see it!!

I just returned from seeing it. So funny. It's stupid-funny, but also charming, if that makes any sense. Will Ferrell's character really reminds me of Jim Morrison on skates. I now have a mini-crush on the 'Katie' character...I hear she's on "The Office," but I've never seen that show. This might have to change

Blades of Glory 5.9
That would be Jenna Fischer / Pam on The Office. I've had a crush on her since I started watching The Office. She's undeniably cute but tipped on the Hotness Scale in that movie.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:40 AM
FINALLY saw blades of glory today
have to say i was a little disappointed w/ talladega nights, so i wasn't expecting much, but it was amazing
i think what i liked better about this one was that will ferrell had someone to go back and forth with, as opposed to talladega, he was more on his own

9/10

and my favorite quote from the movie:

"this ends tonight!"
"it's daytime, you douche!"

stupid but classic
Old 04-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:40 AM
300 - 8/10

Sculpted, sreaming half-naked men drowning in testosterone, blood and sepia! Enjoyed the movie a lot. Totally style-over-substance with all the subtlety of a Faberge egg, but my god what style,
Old 04-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by vivalapopedge

9/10

and my favorite quote from the movie:

"this ends tonight!"
"it's daytime, you douche!"

I can't actually remember that! I must have selective memory syndrome!

My favourite line: (***SPOLIER AHEAD***)

It's near the very end when Chazz says, "I never had a father, but now I've got a brother..." Only on Interference will I admit to feeling gushy in that moment.

Aside from the toilet humour, I like the movie because it's about redemption and friendship...or maybe I'm reading way too much into it And this may seem overly anal, but I wouldn't take a kid to see this movie. Even though it's funny, it's pretty adult-oriented. There was a small kid sitting next to me, along with his parents. I kept wondering what the hell they were thinking, and how they thought it was okay for him to take this in. In my books, this should be restricted to at least 14 +.

...I'm off to my bible-study classes now.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #111
New Yorker

we saw "Wild Hogs " yesterday...and I have to admit...it was not bad...I had my doubts going in.., but my hubby wanted to go...
It had some funny parts.
good for an afternoon smile.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Lawrence of Arabia - 10/10

Just finished watching this epic for the first time in my life. Once again, why did it take me so long to see this film. Best motion picture ever made? Possibly.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #113
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:40 AM
Peter O' Toole is brilliant in it, along with Omar Sharif, Alec Guinness...masterclass of a film...it's funny to think but O' Toole was a complete unknown before Lawrence of Arabia came along, whoever took the risk hopefully got a big pat on the back.

In the line of old and great films....I just caught To Catch a Thief for the first time today...great film, Cary Grant was excellent as he tends to be...

...and Grace Kelly was just hot hot hot

9/10
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #114
Refugee

Local Time: 11:40 PM
I just finished Sin City, a film that, if I were to judge it on pure bombast, would receive about 100 out of 10. Otherwise, I thought that the excessive violence only served to hide a rather feeble storyline. Jessica Alba and Clive Owen were the high points for me.

2/10
Old 04-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

That would be Jenna Fischer / Pam on The Office. I've had a crush on her since I started watching The Office. She's undeniably cute but tipped on the Hotness Scale in that movie.
Her eyes I think I'm a eye-man.

Quote:
Lawrence of Arabia - 10/10

Just finished watching this epic for the first time in my life. Once again, why did it take me so long to see this film. Best motion picture ever made? Possibly.
It's obviously impacting your very essence

I've never seen it, but any movie with that kind of avatar/sig-altering power must be something
Old 04-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #116
Refugee

Quote:

Lance, I love the enthusiasm with which you review certain films and albums. I remember you making similar claims about Neon Bible over in B&C. I wish that I could muster that sort of exuberance.

Reminds me of Will Ferrell impersonating James Lipton on SNL: "Some might call it the best film ever made...by humans."
Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Well, what can I say. I'm a passionate young man.

But seriously, Lawrence of Arabia is my favorite film now. It's just quite simply the most perfect film I've ever seen...by humans.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:40 PM
Anytime anyone mentions Lawrence of Arabia, I automatically start humming the theme music.

Daaaa-daaaaaaaa! Da da da da daaaaaa-daaaaaaaaaaaaa! Da da da da daaaaaa-daaaaaaaaa! Da da da da dummmm!

My hometown showed it at the old town theater that had recently been renovated, back when I was in high school. My parents took me, and I was amazed by how much I enjoyed it. I thought I'd be bored out of my gourd.

xx

In other movie news,

Short Bus

7/10

I'm very surprised to report that I really did like this movie. All the OMG, REAL SEX stuff aside, I found it often very funny, and occasionally touching. I cared about most of the characters.

I loved Hedwig and the Angry Inch, so I had to check out what John Cameron Mitchell was doing next, despite the OMG, REAL SEX!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #119
Refugee

I would go so far as to say that Good Night and Good Luck is the most affecting historical film that I have ever seen. The film has no pretensions, yet resonates strongly by reiterating the dangers involved with paranoia, political casuistry, and hysterical flame-fanning. The lead, David Strathairn, probably should have received an Oscar nomination for his role (perhaps he did, I cannot remember at the moment). Overall, an understated triumph.

9/10

By the way, Lance, I stumbled upon an article on RottenTomatoes.com that declared Lawrence of Arabia the 7th best film ever made.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:09 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

AFI listed it as their 5th best I believe.