Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #631
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld

I actually never saw Chaplin, but that's pre-severe rehab Downey, so I don't know if I'm as interested for silly reasons. Though it does have David Duchovny, and I'll almost see anything with him just because I'm a X-Phile.

I thought it was really good. He was even nominated for an Oscar for his performance.

Apparently Duchovney is in the credits (imdb.com), but I don't remember what part of the movie he was in. Very small part I'm guessing...

Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #632
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:02 PM
Premonition
9/10

I really like Sandra Bullock. I think she's a great actress and this movie kept me interested the entire time. The ending was incredibly sad though.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #633
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Premonition
9/10

I really like Sandra Bullock. I think she's a great actress and this movie kept me interested the entire time. The ending was incredibly sad though.
Really?

That was one of the most poorly-reviewed films of the year, and my best friend (who's taste I hold in the highest esteem of anyone I know) thought it was one of the worst films he's seen in recent memory.

Just out of interest, would you mind elaborating on your thoughts and what aspects of the film inspired you to give it such a remarkable score?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #634
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
That was one of the most poorly-reviewed films of the year, and my best friend (who's taste I hold in the highest esteem of anyone I know) thought it was one of the worst films he's seen in recent memory.
Wow. That's pretty harsh. I had no idea it got poor reviews. I dont really keep up on the movie scene. If a movie looks good to me I'll rent it or watch it on On Demand. Do you know why he felt that way?

Quote:
Just out of interest, would you mind elaborating on your thoughts and what aspects of the film inspired you to give it such a remarkable score?
I'm not sure I can elaborate very well. I'm not a really good 'movie reviewer'. Just that there are very few movies that have me glued to the screen and that's how I was with this one. Just waiting to see what would happen next, or trying to figure out what was going on really, because it was one of those movies that jump around, but it wasnt like the others that jump around.. it was like she was living the same day over and over, but each time it was different. And she was like in a race with herself to save her husband from dying.. either that or trying to figure out why he died. I was a little disappointed in the ending, maybe because it made me want to cry but yeah I dunno, I just really liked it.. so did my friend...
Old 09-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #635
Blue Crack Addict

Hmm. I'll ask him again next chance I get, to see exactly what it was he hated about it.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #636
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

me, you and everyone we know

6/10
very meh, not great, not terrible, forgettable indie film.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:12 AM   #637
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 AM
The Island
7/10

Decent, stylish sci-fi thriller. I liked the first half more, before it went into full-throttle action mode. Would have ranked it an 8, but the ending was so sappy, it needed to be knocked down a point.

I did like it much better than Equilibrium -- much more beautifully produced. And I suppose any movie with Steve Buscemi gets bonus points. Ewan McGregor was pretty good; Scarlett Johansson has done better. Neelix (from Voyager) was pretty cool!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #638
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
[Premonition] was one of the most poorly-reviewed films of the year, and my best friend (who's taste I hold in the highest esteem of anyone I know) thought it was one of the worst films he's seen in recent memory.

The ridiculously lame ending could not save this irritating train wreck. The only good thing about Premonition was the Blooper Reel... unless you count that hottie Julian McMahon. Then the movie would have 2 good elements. 4/10
Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #639
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SeattleVertigo
The Island
7/10

Decent, stylish sci-fi thriller. I liked the first half more, before it went into full-throttle action mode. Would have ranked it an 8, but the ending was so sappy, it needed to be knocked down a point.

I did like it much better than Equilibrium -- much more beautifully produced. And I suppose any movie with Steve Buscemi gets bonus points. Ewan McGregor was pretty good; Scarlett Johansson has done better. Neelix (from Voyager) was pretty cool!
Logan's Run + Coma + Blade Runner + water + Michael Bay = the shitfest of The Island.

The cast is excellent, but they have absolutely nothing to work with and the "action" scenes were a joke.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #640
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I've seen quite a few films and I'm pretty bored at the moment, so I'll review them all.

Oldboy - Blah. It was all right. I guessed the ending pretty early on in the movie and it sort of ruined it for me.
4/10

Watership Down - Also known as the cartoon of rabbits featured in Donnie Darko. It was almost disturbing on some level. I suppose the book was better.
4/10

Shoot 'Em Up - I got dragged into seeing this. If it weren't for the fact that I crush on Clive Owen hardcore, I'd hate this movie.
3/10

3:10 To Yuma - Now THIS is a quality movie! I was completely invested in all the characters, right up to the tense ending. I can't wait for more movies like this.
9/10

The Object of My Affection - I thought this was a really well written script (based on a book, naturally ), and probably some of the best acting Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd have ever done.
7/10
Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #641
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Logan's Run + Coma + Blade Runner + water + Michael Bay = the shitfest of The Island.

The cast is excellent, but they have absolutely nothing to work with and the "action" scenes were a joke.
I dunno, I don't remember absolutely hating The Island and for a Michael Bay movie, that's high praise from me...
Old 09-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #642
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I was mostly laughing at the audio during the action scenes. When those big things were flying off the truck and landing on the highway, I was like, it would SO not sound like that.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #643
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

I dunno, I don't remember absolutely hating The Island and for a Michael Bay movie, that's high praise from me...
The only Michael Bay I've enjoyed was Transformers and one that's mildly enjoyable is The Rock.

I'm glad you guys like The Island. I saw it at a 50 cent theater and almost wanted my money back. I love how they still play Xbox in the future and drink Coke and drive Dodge Rams. That's classy.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #644
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Smoking Aces

4/10

Overdone. Great cast, though.
Jeremy Piven
Old 09-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #645
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
Smoking Aces

4/10

Overdone. Great cast, though.
Jeremy Piven
Now that was a let down.

Kudos to Ryan Reynolds though. He's also great in Waiting...