Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #511
Refugee

Local Time: 06:26 AM
Superbad was freaking hilarious. It was pretty much two hours of "I smoked the marijuana like a cigarette" and you can't go wrong with that!

I want to see Once

Old 08-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #512
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:26 AM
Superbad

Yeah, it was pretty hilarious. The one joke that didn't sit with me very well was the uhm... stain joke. Loved the '70s funk soundtrack, character development (maybe the first teen-centric movie where they actually function like real human beings... well, at least close to it.) and McLovin. Definitely worth a watch now or on DVD.

Rear Window

This was my first full Hitchcock movie experience and it was pretty good. The pace is a little slow by today's standards, but the dialogue and character development is what kept me watching. There's hot, there's beautiful, and there's Grace Kelly.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #513
Blue Crack Addict

I can't wait to see Superbad.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #514
The Male

Local Time: 02:26 AM
FECKING "HOT FUZZ".

Review: I saw this film for the first time tonight, and, while I can't help but think that a number of the jokes went over my head (plus I was watching it on a semi-choppy internet stream), I must say that I thought it was great. One of the most most absurd films I've ever come across, its parodies are humorous and accurate. It took me a while to get the "joke" of the film, but once I did, it all fell into place.

"That's not murder...it's ketchup!"

The special effects were wonderfully over-the-top, and the blood was humorously fake in a comic book kind of way. I adored the shootout towards the end of the film, and loved the intense camera work in the final store sequence. Of course, it didn't really need to be intense, but that's what separates Hot Fuzz from lesser comedies.

"You're off the f***ing CHAIN!"

The acting? Well, the acting fit the bill. It was atrocious from a standard viewpoint, but in this film, it ends up being delightfully campy. The facial expressions of Nicholas Angel were nothing less than hysterical, as he looked as if he were in utter disbelief at the most obvious new revelation. Of course, as a comedy, the jokes are supposed to be way up front, but most of the time I was either smiling or thinking to myself "DAMN, this is funny stuff!" without actually bursting out laughing (though I did about 5 or 6 times and 'd at least once), so I am dropping the rating accordingly. Regardless, this film is awesome.

"I feel I should say something smart"

"You don't have to say anyfing at all."

8/10

Now.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #515
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:26 AM
I loved Hot Fuzz...

I don't know why but the part where he runs through the fence had me laughing the hardest... I watched it several times over and over again...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #516
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 AM
Good Will Hunting

I forgot how good this movie was. Last night, I just sat in front of the tv and I was looking in my dvd collection and saw the disc. I thought, I haven't seen this movie since the movie theater.....so I played it.

10/10
Superb.
One of my top 10 of all time.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #517
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
I loved Hot Fuzz...

I don't know why but the part where he runs through the fence had me laughing the hardest... I watched it several times over and over again...
Agreed. That part seems to be one of the film's most low-brow moments humor-wise, but I laughed for a good 5 seconds at that.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #518
War Child

Rented Vacancy on the weekend

what the hell was that, is all I came up with

and in keeping with my kids movie watching weekend,

yes get the box ready now

Daddy Day Camp

cute for kids, for that I don't mind really, now same wouldnt be said if I went without the kids
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #519
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Agreed. That part seems to be one of the film's most low-brow moments humor-wise, but I laughed for a good 5 seconds at that.
I also loved how the deaths were totaly over the top, especially the reporter...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #520
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:26 AM
Batman Begins

After the current activety surrounding the Dark Knight I decided to watch it again.
Easily one of the best superhero films out there.

8/10
Old 08-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #521
Blue Crack Addict

Batman Begins
Old 08-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #522
The Male

"Superbad"

Review: I didn't go into this movie with terribly high expectations. The reviews for this film have been great so far, but the trailers did nothing for me, and it just seemed too vulgar. It is a vulgar film, but it gets bonus points for painting an accurate (as far as I can tell) picture of high school.

The plot: nerdy kids want sex and go to a party. Original? No, but the characters themselves save this film from being a boring retread. The acting is strong and convincing. Whoever did the casting should be proud.

The script, however, is a mixed bag. There aren't enough show-stoppingly funny moments, and the wittier, more subtle moments might be too obscene for some. The funnier first 1/3 gives way to a meandering, plodding second half and beyond, and I don't feel the film ended all that strongly.

What saved it? It was pretty darn funny. The McLovin B-plot was nothing short of excellent, and Seth was pure hilarity most of the time, though he occasionally crossed the line between amusing and obnoxious. I related to Evan the most, and thought his character balanced out the film well.

So, Superbad wasn't Supergreat, or even Supergood. It was more like regular good.

7/10

Now.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #523
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:26 AM
I thought the ending scene in the mall was great and captured the essence of the movie perfectly.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #524
The Male

It's not that it didn't work, it's just that I didn't find it all that funny. Nothing after the last McLovin scene was all that funny, except for the credits.

Now.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #525
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it lacking.