Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
My buddy started singing "Rock Star" last night as we were walking back from Wawa, and I yelled at him about it for five minutes.

Whoops, I mentioned Wawa to non Tri-Staters.

It's the 7/11 of our area, only it's essentially God's home.

I know what Wawa is. 26 years in NYC, you learn a few things about neighboring states. And, as I told you, I went to a lot of 76'er games once I got that driver's license.

Kiefer Sutherland was the special guest at a roast for Denis Leary. One of the comedians turned to Keifer and said "I have a great idea for a new season of 24. You have 24 hours to figure out what the fuck happened to your movie career"

Kiefer's next move is to murder Steven Segal, purely because he makes Kiefer look really short.

Segal quotes:

"What happened???"

"One thought he was immortal, the other thought he could fly.......they were both wrong"

and

"I'm going to take you to the bank Senator.....the blood bank"

Are the covers that awkwardly tilted "guy holding a gun out, squinting, and trying to look cool" style?

No spoken words said:
Segal quotes:

"What happened???"

"One thought he was immortal, the other thought he could fly.......they were both wrong"

and

"I'm going to take you to the bank Senator.....the blood bank"

One of my favorites, from Above the Law (his breakthrough):

"I think you better call 911."

and of course,

"You may think you're above the law, but you ain't above mine."

Still better than Jean Claude Van Damme.

But Van Damme was in Street Fighter.

And Sudden Death :drool:

I'm sorry, but "So Bad It's Good" Cinema doesn't get any better than Sudden Death.

My whole family thinks I'm one of thoes obsessive Bono fans who thinks he can do no wrong and wants to see everything he's in, so they keep telling me about Across the Universe. I don't know how I feel about seeing it in theaters.

Serendipity.

Saw it again on TV last night and still didn't love it. I really like John Cusack and a lot of my friends loved this movie, but I just found it tedious and slow moving and really predictable right from the outset. I feel like I should love this movie, but I just can't bring myself to.

lazarus said:

Still better than Jean Claude Van Damme.

Make that better than the unfortunate Stallone-Schwarzenegger-Van Damme cinema trio.

Anyone know what the cool martial art Seagal uses is called ?

A History of Violence
3/5 stars

Netflix description: "Operating a diner in a small-town community, Tom Stall (Viggo Mortensen) and his wife (Maria Bello) are the picture of normalcy. But when Tom prevents a robbery and enjoys hero status in the local media, he attracts the wrong kind of attention from mobsters (Ed Harris and William Hurt) who think he's someone else. David Cronenberg (The Fly) directs this taut suspense-thriller based on the graphic novel by John Wagner and Vince Locke."

This was a mildly interesting film that never really took off for me. I thought the acting was pretty wooden (mostly a problem with the direction, I think, because the actors are good), and the dialog wasn't particularly believable. The scene at the motel was one of the strangest openings I've seen to any film!

That's about what I gave HOV when I saw it for the first time. Since then all the subtlties of the film have really gotten under my skin, and I'd give it something like an 8/10 now.

phillyfan26 said:
My whole family thinks I'm one of thoes obsessive Bono fans who thinks he can do no wrong and wants to see everything he's in, so they keep telling me about Across the Universe. I don't know how I feel about seeing it in theaters.

I didn't go see it because Bono was in it. That was just a bonus. I like the Beatles, and I had seen Julie Taymor on Oprah talking about the movie and had some of the cast on singing some songs. She said she was at a screening with 3 people total: her, Paul McCartney and someone else. She said she found him singing along to a couple of tunes. At the end, she asked him if he liked it, and he said "what's not to like". I sensed going in I was gonna like it, and did. I'm not the overly critical/analytical type, so I enjoyed it for the music, the visuals,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom