Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #376
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:31 AM
The Departed

8 / 10

Really well done. Very good acting from Jack/Leonardo/Matt.

There was a few parts in the film that I had to think about what was going on with the plot.

Other than that I really liked it

Old 06-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #377
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:01 PM
sicko 8/10

this is a truly scary movie , i will never complain about australia's health care system again!!!! the thought that a child could die because insurance wouldnt cover the drugs absolutely astonished me, its manslaughter.

only lost me a little with too much 9/11 stuff, but taking the 9/11 volunteers to gitmo for "the same health care as the evil doers" cracked me up .

Old 06-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

knocked up 10/10

brilliant. absolutley hillarious, if you have had a kid then even more so. best movie this year.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #379
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

[

A classic French film by Jean-Pierre Melville. Released in 1967 it oozes style. I believe it was a homage by Melville to American Film Noir of the 1940s. The main character, Jef Costello, a hitman played by Alain Delon, must be one of the most perfect antiheroes ever.<snip>

For the first ten minutes of the film there is not one word spoken, as we witness Jef complete a contract but being caught in the vicinity of his crime. Being the perfectionist he is, he has created an airtight alibi, and what follows is a cat and mouse chase, between the Parisian police force and Jef.

The film itself is extremely minimalist, the dialogue could probably fit onto a piece of A4 paper, but what is said needs to be said and is well considered, what use does a perfectionist hitman have for words? Delon exudes cool as Jef, only ever changing his expression once or twice, you have to work out what he is thinking and feeling all from just his eyes. For a film about a hitman there is very little action, but the shot selection by Melville is superb. The best example would be Jef being hunted by the police in the metro, the angles the camera takes and shot selection in general, makes the hunt appear very dynamic, even though most of the hunt is spent watching Jef carefully studying his surroundings for an escape route.

I'm not sure about this but i've read Melville tried to adapt the black and white noir aesthetic to colour films, by using shades of grey, white and black for everything, from Jef's beautiful suits to a very washed out, grey Paris, and quite remarkably he succeeds.

As you can tell I am quite enamoured by this film and it's complete coolness, makes we want to be French and Jef...here's to a Halloween costume no one will recognise.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #380
Refugee

Local Time: 04:31 AM
Le Samourai is awesome
you should see Le Circle Rouge

I saw The Fountain , the other day , great movie , reminds me of Tarkovsky mixed with Terry Gilliam ( and his latest is the best ever ) , Hugh Jackman does magic

happy birthday TO Stalker Alexander Kaidanovsky
Angel among the living
Old 06-24-2007, 05:10 AM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer .
4/10
LAME . only went because i had to take the kids.

Oceans 13 . also Lame 6/10 thank god i didnt pay to see this ..
Old 06-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #382
Refugee

Al Pacino in that movie reminded me of Scarface ,

speaking of sequels , The should make Scarface II , call it : " What If " or something like that ,
Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Evan Almighty- 5/10

steve carrell and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't of gone to see the movie. Wanda Sykes has some great lines in that movie had me cracking up. Also, the extra footage at the end was pretty funny.. Stick around till after the credits.

The movie could of been better.. I think they had the wrong director on this movie IMO. They should of gotten the same director that did 40 yr old virgin.. And taken more of a chance with the film. It could of been a lot edgier..
Old 06-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Superman

7/10

I haven't seen this movie in YEARS! I'd forgotten how fun it was. But dang, someone please explain to me what he saw in Lois Lane? What an annoying woman.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #385
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Watched "Infamous" last night. "Capote" was so much better but I felt the depiction of Truman Capote in "Infamous" was maybe a little closer to the truth. I feel like he was much more devious and vivacious than how he was shown in "Capote."
Old 06-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #386
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Notes On A Scandal - 5/10 I really love Cate Blanchett and this film was pretty good, but overall way too predictable and ultimately unsatisfying. The performances were excellent, though.

The Pursuit of Happyness - 10/10 Everyone needs to see this movie, period. It reminded me that things can always be worse and that anything worth having is worth working for.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

The Hitcher(Newer)-I'm not sure what to give it since I did not see the older one to compare to this one. But I realllllly loved Sean Bean in it. What a nutjob. I'm still feeling a bit ill at one part though.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #388
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
Notes On A Scandal - 5/10 I really love Cate Blanchett and this film was pretty good, but overall way too predictable and ultimately unsatisfying. The performances were excellent, though.

The Pursuit of Happyness - 10/10 Everyone needs to see this movie, period. It reminded me that things can always be worse and that anything worth having is worth working for.
Funny....I'd switch those two around. I'd give Notes on a Scandal 8.5 and Happyness, a 4-5. I found it very maudlin.

Shooter. 6/10.
Not a great movie by any means, but if you want to be entertained for a couple of hours, it's not bad. It's predictable, but not so stupid that you couldn't enjoy it.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #389
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Once you see the rest of the Connery flicks, you'll see why he's the best.

After Goldfinger and You only live twice, I definitely have to reconsider Connery's placement.

With love from Russia, Thunderball and Dr No left.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #390
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

After Goldfinger and You only live twice, I definitely have to reconsider Connery's placement.

With love from Russia, Thunderball and Dr No left.
Goldfinger is still my favorite Bond movie.

"Do you really expect them to pay, Goldfinger?"

"No Mr. Bond, I expect them to die!"