Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-26-2007, 11:51 PM   #241
Blue Crack Addict
 
RavenBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The majestic Canuckian wilderness
Posts: 17,103
Local Time: 12:56 PM
Shaun of The Dead

8/10

I normally don't watch zombie movies as they're too gory and I'm not a big blood-fest fan. This, however, was different. I quite enjoyed it. Any of the really gory bits I just changed the channel and then went back a few seconds after. Great flick
__________________

__________________
RavenBlue is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #242
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
Shaun of The Dead

8/10

I normally don't watch zombie movies as they're too gory and I'm not a big blood-fest fan. This, however, was different.
You are dead to me.


The Prestige

9/10

Just finished watching this. After reading all the great reviews here, I checked it out...and now you should, too! Incredible movie about two feuding magicians. Full of twists and turns and incredible acting
__________________

__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #243
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
*browneyedgirl*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: clueless
Posts: 3,692
Local Time: 10:56 AM
^ The Prestige, definitely a good movie, Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman both excellent actors, and Tesla in the movie, good story
__________________
*browneyedgirl* is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 02:34 AM   #244
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Garden State - 9/10

Gorgeous drama/romance/comedy/quirky indie frolic. Such a momumental achievement for such a young directoral debut. I guess it just really struck a chord for several reasons. The whole love story/depressed moving on thing felt a little too close to home. But being from Jersey, all the characters seemed SO DAMN FAMILIAR. It was really scary. Natalie Portman's character Sam (How could you not fall in love with her?) reminded me tremendously of an old friend I haven't seen since junior high. Just...man, Braff really injected the essence of glorious New Jersey into this film.

The soundtrack was also fantastic. Really, Braff just proved himself an incredibly talented film-maker and actor here. I'm so impressed right now. The film wasn't perfect, but I was just so wonderously immersed in this movie. In fact, I'm left a little bit shaken, as it's a very hopeful and inspiration film in some respect but it also reminded me how depressed I am. Whoops. Whatever.

All that matters is this movie's good. The end.
__________________
Lancemc is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 02:41 AM   #245
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
*browneyedgirl*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: clueless
Posts: 3,692
Local Time: 10:56 AM
^ *runs to put this movie in netflix que*
__________________
*browneyedgirl* is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #246
Refugee
 
got_edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dating a retarded person
Posts: 2,338
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by *browneyedgirl*
^ *runs to put [Garden State] in netflix queue*
You should skip it-- it's a snooze-fest.
__________________
got_edge is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 10:58 AM   #247
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 10:56 AM
I tried out that Netflix "Watch Now" feature the other night since I was waiting for my next movies to be shipped. It worked pretty well for me after a 15-minute delay, and I'll keep using it. The selection isn't great yet, but there are still quite a few movies I wouldn't mind watching.

I watched the documentary Word Wars, about four competitive Scrabble players. It's crazy to see what these guys go through to try to be the best player in the world. They memorize dictionaries and keep track of tiles played so they can calculate probabilities. It's definitely not the Scrabble I used to play with my grandma. If you liked Spellbound or Wordplay, you'll enjoy this. 6/10

Last night I watched Basquiat, about the artist Jean-Michel Basquiat. I knew nothing about his life, so this was a good introduction. The movie was slow in places, and I felt like it could've focused more on his actual art. David Bowie was a spot-on Andy Warhol. 6.5/10
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #248
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 157
Local Time: 03:56 PM
I thought garden state was interesting. The soundtrack is awesome. This is one move that there is so much foul language it starts to grate on me. That was my only complaint.
__________________
drdre12 is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 12:06 PM   #249
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
Garden State - 9/10

Gorgeous drama/romance/comedy/quirky indie frolic. Such a momumental achievement for such a young directoral debut. I guess it just really struck a chord for several reasons. The whole love story/depressed moving on thing felt a little too close to home. But being from Jersey, all the characters seemed SO DAMN FAMILIAR. It was really scary. Natalie Portman's character Sam (How could you not fall in love with her?) reminded me tremendously of an old friend I haven't seen since junior high. Just...man, Braff really injected the essence of glorious New Jersey into this film.

The soundtrack was also fantastic. Really, Braff just proved himself an incredibly talented film-maker and actor here. I'm so impressed right now. The film wasn't perfect, but I was just so wonderously immersed in this movie. In fact, I'm left a little bit shaken, as it's a very hopeful and inspiration film in some respect but it also reminded me how depressed I am. Whoops. Whatever.

All that matters is this movie's good. The end.
Peter Sarsgaard is the best. Although I didn't like the 10 second doggie sex shot at all. Good movie though
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Sarsgaard was totally awesome.
__________________
Lancemc is offline  
Old 05-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #251
New Yorker
 
Daddysgonnapay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,701
Local Time: 11:56 AM
we watched "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" last night I am surprised to say...it did not suck
__________________
Daddysgonnapay is offline  
Old 05-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #252
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 10:56 AM
The Queen - 8.5/10

Excellent film. It's easy to see why Mirren won the Oscar. In a situation where her actions were deplorable and it would be easy to view her as a villain, instead the filmmakers were able to convey that she was just incredibly out of touch and bound in tradition, making her almost worthy of sympathy.
__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 06-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #253
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2MaNaIcWeIdO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Posts: 29,231
Local Time: 10:56 AM
UltraViolet

Great if you want mindless action driven entertainment....not so good if you want something a little more plot driven and with less spastic cuts (Man....the editing is bad! This was the main thing that confused me about this movie!)
__________________
U2MaNaIcWeIdO is offline  
Old 06-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #254
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,664
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO
UltraViolet

Great if you want mindless action driven entertainment....not so good if you want something a little more plot driven and with less spastic cuts (Man....the editing is bad! This was the main thing that confused me about this movie!)
Did you watch this on Encore tonight??? I put it on for the first 10 minutes expecting a horrendously bad "good because it sucks" sort of movie. It certainly seemed to be living up to that expectation. But I decided to watch Pirates 2: Dead Man's Chest for the first time.

I'd give it a 6/10. Just about as average as I thought it would be. Great CGI though. And the cliffhanger is almost enough to make me want to go see At World's End....but that's still not gonna happen.
__________________
Lancemc is offline  
Old 06-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #255
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2MaNaIcWeIdO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Posts: 29,231
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc


Did you watch this on Encore tonight??? I put it on for the first 10 minutes expecting a horrendously bad "good because it sucks" sort of movie. It certainly seemed to be living up to that expectation. But I decided to watch Pirates 2: Dead Man's Chest for the first time.
No.....I have Comcast....so I get Comcast on Demand. I watched the movie on the Starz On Demand section (since Comcast seems to bill me for Starz and Encore).
__________________

__________________
U2MaNaIcWeIdO is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com