Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

There seems to be some confusion over the new format with these movie threads, so here's a fresh start.

Briefly review the last movies you've viewed. These don't have to be the most eloquent reviews. Write a quick sentence on what you thought of a movie. It's nice to have something to read other than a / or simply the title of a movie. Plus, reviews can lead to discussions!

Sweet, sweet discussions

For added fun, review the movie out of 5 or 10.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 12:47 AM
My bashing of X-Men was overshadowed by other stuffs. Repost!
  • X-Men 3: The Last Stand

First of all, I hate super-hero movies.

h8 h8 h8 h8 h8

Buuuuut, I'm a sucker for special effects.

Plot made me laugh a few times, but really, with lines like 'She was covered in a cocoon of her awesome Level 5 mutant power' how can you not?

5.5/10

See guys? It's not that hard. I have the writing skills of a twelve year old (just check out the movies I reviewed at the other thread) but all I had to say was: I liked/disliked this movie because...

Old 05-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
Refugee

The Family Stone

I remember when I saw the preview for this way back when, I thought this was the crappiest movie ever. It looked just like Meet The Parents or something. Anyway, I picked it up at Blockbuster over the long weekend and was pleasantly surprised.

It's the story of a diverse, but very close, family and a Christmas meeting between them and the girlfriend of the eldest sons.

Relationships crumble and rebuild, and the family comes together again after they learn that one of them is gravely ill.

7/10

Let it be noted that I saw this dubbed in Spanish. I think it might actually be funny if you watch it in English.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

i'm still going to see xmen, i don't care what you say, got-eggs. same goes for the famil stone in reverse, actually

baraka

0/10

maybe that's not too fair because i barely saw any of it. but hell, it was boring. i fell asleep 10 minutes into it.

the family guy stewie movie

7/10

it was funny. but it could have been funnier.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i'm still going to see xmen, i don't care what you say, got-eggs.
You'll probably enjoy it if you liked the preview two movies. Sure, the dialogue is cheesy, but so is the dialogue in all movies adapted from comic books.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by got_edge
The Family Stone

Let it be noted that I saw this dubbed in Spanish. I think it might actually be funny if you watch it in English.
trust me, it isn't. i saw it when it was out and i thought it was lame. i'd give it like a 6/10 or something like that.

i'm going to the movies tomorrow so maybe i can contribute then
Old 05-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

trust me, it isn't. i saw it when it was out and i thought it was lame. i'd give it like a 6/10 or something like that.
times a million.

The trailers made it seem like a funny holiday movie. We saw it on Christmas Day. What a Debbie Downer.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by got_edge
It wasn't. I watched it last week, and the thing I found most entertaining about it was the things I was yelling at the TV. Potentially great characters who were poorly developed. I reviewed it near the end of the last thread and couldn't give it any higher than a 5/10.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:14 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm copying this right off my xanga, so perhaps it might not make perfect sense but...

The Da Vinci Code

In the tradition of almost all movies, The Da Vinci Code is almost nothing close to the book. However, obviously the original plot was there still. With a length of 2 and a half hours, I was very frightened that this movie would get really boring, really fast, but, quite on the contrary, the time flew. Sure, there were major discrepencies between the book and the movie, but that's not what's important. What's important is that they took a good book, and, in my opinion, made an even better movie. This movie is definently slightly watered down to please both their Christian fans, and their non-Christian fans, and really, I prefer it that way. Much easier for me to swallow, and I hope I don't sound like an 1)religious nut, 2) religious loser.

But really I can not leave out that fact, that as horrible as I said Tom Hanks was for a choice to play Robert Langdon, I was sadly mistaken. He was fantastic, and in my opinion stole the whole movie. All the casting was good really. Ian McKellen, was just perfection. The only person I wasn't quite pleased with was Sophie.

As many of you know, I do NOT like Ron Howard's films, but I must say, with the film version of Da Vinci Code, I'm certainly starting to come around to him.

Anyway, I loved that movie to death, and I sorta liked it better than the book, which as I am currently reading Angels and Demons, I am finding out is not the greatest book ever written (Da Vinci Code that is, I A&D)

Anway, that's my two cents on that movie

9/10

Oh and the end...the end of that movie makes my heart flutter definently my favorite ending of any movie I've ever seen. Mostly because when I read the book that was exactly how I pictured that scene to be, orchastra, slow motion knee-drop and all. Dan Brown wrote the epilogue for the movies
Old 05-31-2006, 03:04 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:47 AM
Da Vinci Code

7/10 Given the critics' bashing, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Casting was good, except Tom Hanks didn't convince me as Robert Langdon. And I agree, superb ending
Old 05-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #11
War Child

Local Time: 11:47 PM
FreedomLand

overall movie was ok, average about 6/10 I suppose. Compared to other movies I have seen lately, it at least kept my interest to view the whole thing. And I admit, I was surpised in the end to find out who actually did it, you kind of knew, and then ya think naaaa, then you find out and well, there ya go, surprised me. I thought it was a good rental.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:47 AM
Meet the Fockers
I enjoyed Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro's performances.
Usual so/so acting from Ben Stiller.
Overall very funny film, i've seen Meet the Parents, which i like, but i can't decide which is best.
7/10

Old 05-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis
Meet the Fockers
I enjoyed Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro's performances.
Usual so/so acting from Ben Stiller.
Overall very funny film, i've seen Meet the Parents, which i like, but i can't decide which is best.
7/10

that movie was totally unfunny. the epitome of unfunny, really. there was maybe one joke that they milked throughout the entire 2 hours. painful.

i should have added in my "i'm going to see x3 and i'm going to like it!!" that i sat through van helsing just because hugh jackman was in it. but i did like the other two xmen movies. so i'll probably enjoy this one. yeah.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:00 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:

that movie was totally unfunny. the epitome of unfunny, really. there was maybe one joke that they milked throughout the entire 2 hours. painful.

Quote:
i sat through van helsing just because hugh jackman was in it.

L for LOVE!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #15
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Dumb and Dumber

One of my favorite comedies of the '90s. It's complete and utter stupidity at its finest. Kudos to Jeff Daniels for showing off his versatility. Still, because it's really stupid I have moments of "what the hell? why are they doing that"s and it loses points for that.

8/10