Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Family Stone 9/10- I honestly enjoyed this movie a lot. Even surprised me a couple of times. Plus it reminded me of my family's reactions to 2 of my sister in laws when we first met them :wink:

Glory Road 10/10- Based on a true story of a basketball team that overcame so much to win a championship in the 60's. Not really a basketball fan but this movie held me captive the whole time. Josh Lucas did an excellent job potraying the role of the coach :up:

Click.

9/10 Really good film. It has everything you want except for the Horror aspect. I will rent it when it comes out. Oh and near the end they play "UltaViolet (light my way)"

Click.

9/10 Really good film. It has everything you want except for the Horror aspect. I will rent it when it comes out. Oh and near the end they play "UltraViolet (light my way)"

Aeon Flux

I just wanted to see some Charlize, ended up with an enjoyable movie with a decent plot and good action for a Sci-fi/action flick. Still left enough to be desired and I didn't understand some of it, maybe they were references to the TV show :shrug:

7/10

Click

9/10

Just watched it tonight. I liked it more than i thought I would. Had some surprisingly sad parts but in the end a good film.

Keeping Mum.

With Maggie Smith, Patrick Swayze, Kristen Scott Thomas and Rowan Atkinson.

Despite having a pretty good cast, I though this film was definitely below average. I think it was supposed to be a black comedy - though just black would've been an apt description as it wasn't funny at all. Maggie Smith was completely underused - she is really good at delivering very witty lines, unfortunately she didn't get very many in this film. Complete waste of the £3.75 I paid for it on Sky Box Office:madspit:

2/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

It was long and unintelligible but Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is the funniest thing ever.

7/10

Has anyone seen The Devil Wears Prada? Any good?

got_edge said:
Has anyone seen The Devil Wears Prada? Any good?

:yes: I loved it. The book was better, but the movie was very entertaining, and had lots of beautiful clothes, shoes and purses. :drool: Like Pla said, it's definitely a chick flick.

40 Year Old Virgin

9/10 - I was literally crying in parts! :lmao:

The Wedding Crashers

8/10 Entertaining! Owen Wilson & Vince Vaughn :lol:

The Notebook

6/10

I knew what to expect, generally, and was okay with the story and really like Rachel McAdams, and even was ready for a good cry at the end, but then they overdid the sap quotient by way too much, and they lost me. I even said, "Oh you have GOT to be kidding me" after the last scene.

I was going to rate it 5/10, but I like Rachel McAdams so much I bumped it up a notch.

amadeus:

9/10

really good movie for music fans...its a bit long, i started watching it in band class and we never got it done soo i had to buy it!! its about mozart and how salieri(a nothing famous composer) plans to kill him because this man is better then him and is a much more smart musically and it drives him mad!!

it's really good and the actors are awesome!!!!

Last edited:
Scary Movie 4

After 'Pirates' was sold out for another 4 hours, my friend and I walked over to the 50 cent theater to see this movie. I got my money's worth, and like the 3rd one it was half-horrible, half-funny. The saddest part about the movie was that the ending with the Tom Cruise-esque character on Oprah wasn't as funny as the REAL Tom Cruise on Oprah.

5/10

Pirates of The Carribean 2

9/10

Well what can I say? I ADORE IT, fantastic special effects, good story, WONDERFUL Surprise ending (wooooo!) good mix of humour, some really funny scenes, a KICK ASS sword fight scene, and Captain Jack - how I worship thee. :heart:

I take one point off for the uneccessary kiss scene between elizabeth and jack. Not needed! :wink:

Nacho Libre

'Napoleon Dynamite' + actual plot cohesion + Jack Black + luchadora wrestling = high comedy. But the abundance of Mexican accents makes me try to hard, so it loses points. Great summer movie.

7/10.

The Breakup- 8/10

Not a Jennifer Aniston fan but she honestly did really good with this movie. Many surprising touching moments with quite a bit of humor mixed in. Even the bf enjoyed the movie which was shocking,lol,jk. Only problem I had was the way the movie ended.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - 9/10

Saw this movie earlier today and enjoyed it so much I watched it twice. I really loved the style/direction. It reminded me a bit of Lucky Number Slevin, only this movie was far more well done. Clever dialogue, great plot and incredibly hilarious. Definitely the most fun I've had watching a movie in ages. Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. were awesome in this flick :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Nacho Libre

I'm a bit neutral on that movie, but Black's voice-over in the scene where the nun read Nacho's letter nearly had me in tears. Man, that was hilarious - especially in the closing of the letter. Oh, and I really loved the score. Catchy stuff. Danny Elfman never disappoints :drool:

Queen Bee said:
I'm a bit neutral on that movie, but Black's voice-over in the scene where the nun read Nacho's letter nearly had me in tears. Man, that was hilarious - especially in the closing of the letter. Oh, and I really loved the score. Catchy stuff. Danny Elfman never disappoints :drool:

you and me both :lol:

but I was dying when Nacho and Esqueleeto were wrestling those 2 midgets.

:lmao:

Queen Bee said:
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - 9/10

Saw this movie earlier today and enjoyed it so much I watched it twice. I really loved the style/direction. It reminded me a bit of Lucky Number Slevin, only this movie was far more well done. Clever dialogue, great plot and incredibly hilarious. Definitely the most fun I've had watching a movie in ages. Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. were awesome in this flick :up:

:hmm:

Down in the Valley

6.5-7/10

Found most or all of the characters interesting/engaging, specially the two leads. Starts off really good with a lot of potential, until Ed Norton's character starts to really lose it (his "taxi driver" scenes were a little cringeworthy). The last third (or quarter) just seems pretty unlikely. Unfortunate, since i really wanted to like the movie.

Superman Returns 8/10.

A well made movie with good performances. A little slow at times, a bit long, and quite predictable, but very enjoyable. I like that Bryan Singer didn't dumb down the story or mock the comic book genre. I'd recommend it.

The last film I saw in the threatres was Nacho Libre. It was much more low-key than I expected it would be, and also much more of a children's movie in some respects. Now, going into this movie, I had no knowledge that Nickelodeon produced it, and I have yet to see Napoleon Dynomite, so I really didn't know what to expect. Overall, I enjoyed the film...though maybe not I much as I had initially hoped I would. It had a certain beauty to it though, that compells you to watch, and I thought the soundtrack was both gorgeous and fun. There were also a few surprisingly laugh-out-loud moments that caught me off gaurd.

I'd say, if you have children between the ages of maybe 5 and 12, but you still would like to actually stay awake through the film with them, Nacho Libre may just be the perfect summer film (I haven't seen Pirates yet, but honestly have little desire to). I'd give it 7/10, maybe even 8 just because of its rare, quirky beauty.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Has anyone seen A Scanner Darkly yet? :hmm:

I haven't heard any reviews on it.

Yes, please, I'd like to hear some "real-people" reviews of this film. I'm very interested, but given it's limited release schedule, I have no idea when I'll finally be able to see it. I've read plenty of mixed "professional" reviews, but am still looking forward to Scanner.

"Scanner" is at the local indie theater, but I'm debating whether or not it's a "theater" or "rental" movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom