Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She would certainly make my studies more enjoyable. As it is, I have temporarily killed my sex drive, having just finished a 90 page thesis on sexual ethics in early Christianity. Otherwise, I would insert :drool: into my post.

Little Children

8/10

Great movie. I won't give the plot away, but it's basically a set of intersecting stories that come together at the end. It makes you think profound things about life, what we worry about, and ultimately, what's important. Kate Winslet and Jennifer Connelly :drool: are amazing in their respective roles.

Last edited:
I'm currently on a bit of a Scarlett Johannson kick, and recently watched Girl with a Pearl Earring. This is a strong example of a historical film that, despite taking great liberties with the events that it depicts, nonetheless provides some very strong historical commentary. Johannson is excellent and incredibly sympathetic as the lead.

8/10

Everyone Says I <3 You

7.5/10

I felt like watching a movie set in NY so what better to watch than a Woody Allen film. Very enjoyable musical/comedy. I liked that the actors (except Drew I think) did all their singing .. you also get to see Ed Norton trying to dance hehe. And, there's Woody being Woody. The dance between him and Goldie at the end is quite magical.

Babel had great potential, but was hurt by its own grand ambitions. Brad Pitt's performance is the best that I have seen from him, yet his storyline is obscured by the rather obtuse preoccupation with the Japanese girl, who relates to the main plot only tenuously. It seems as though the film could have conveyed the same message without her being involved in any way, which also would have conveyed its message more immediately. Ultimately, Babel suffered from an inflated conception of its own importance.

6/10

Just watched My Cousin Vinny, years since I'd seen it, forgot how absolutely brilliant this film is, Joe Pesci puts in a wonderful performance as Vinny, more than ably supported by the gorgeous Marisa Tomei, I was in stitches as Vinny introduced himself in the cell, whilst his cousin was asleep, & when finally he thought he'd found a place to get a good nights sleep, only to be woken by an ear piercing shriek in the countryside, when he jumped out of his bed, yelling "What the F*^K" absolutely hilarious!

10+/10

Lancemc said:
Lost in Translation is one of my favorite movies of all time. :love: It's so superb. A favorite moment of mine is when they're all in the apartment singing kareoke and Bill rocks out the Peace Love and Understanding. :cute:

Not at all time fave movie for me, but yes, that's one of my all-time fave songs, so I concur with you :yes:

Just saw An Inconvenient Truth. Wow. :shocked:
Everyone should see it. I'm embarrassed that I didn't see it sooner, though I wanted to. Just not enough hours in my day.
10/10

I finally got around to watching This Is Spinal Tap, which I've had here for awhile. There were some parts that really made me crack up (especially the part about Stonehenge), but overall I was sort of disappointed by it. That's how it often is with me and Christopher Guest movies, though. I liked A Mighty Wind, but Best In Show bored me. This was definitely good for some Sunday afternoon laughs, though. 5/10

I need to get around to seeing An Inconvenient Truth. It's pretty far down in my Netflix queue. I should bump it up.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley

7.8/10

It had a very authentic feel.

The acting and casting were top notch.

Can not attest to the accuracy of the story line, I will leave that for others.

Das Leben Der Anderen (Lives of Others)

Excellent movie with tons subtle imagery and references that takes a second look to figure out. Ulrich Mühe (Stasi officer) is brilliant in his role (kinda reminds me of Kevin Spacey at some parts).

Haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth yet so I can't judge which one "deserved" the Oscar, but this one deserves all the good reviews IMHO.

The Devil Wears Prada

Very entertaining, good performances by the lead characters, but Emily def stole the movie.

Stanley Tucci is superb, as always.

:up: :up:

RedrocksU2 said:
The Devil Wears Prada

Very entertaining, good performances by the lead characters, but Emily def stole the movie.

Stanley Tucci is superb, as always.

:up: :up:

I just watched that last night too:ohmy: It was an amazing movie! The entire cast was brilliant! I also want every piece of clothing, shoe, and handbag in that movie:drool:

The Devil Wears Prada 8/10

I saw this movie too and really enjoyed much more that I thought I would . And yes, I want all the clothes, shoes and purses too :yes:

I really liked the Emily Blunt character :yes:

I was cajoled into seeing The Devil Wears Prada last summer with my roommate's fiance, expecting it to be completely fatuous. However, I was pleasantly surprised by it; in places it was extremely insightful.

The Prestige

9/10 ... although I'm still doing a little "holy shit!" caused by the end of the movie, so in a few days my rating might drop to an 8 or so. :wink:

My gut reaction at the ending was that it was a bit of a cheat. But then by the very VERY end, I was all "holy shit!"

Tomorrow I might be back to being a bit let down by the big reveal, but I'll still remember my enjoyment of the flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom