Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #346
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:07 PM
Stranger Than Fiction

Surprisingly as poignant as it was funny. I loved seeing Tony Hale steal every scene he was in, along with Dustin Hoffman. Will Ferrell can act? Who was going to tell me. I loved it, but it dragged at times.

7/10

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

The 2nd-worst 'Star Trek' movie apart from the original movie. I know Paramount and ILM screwed Shatman over with the special-effects and script changes, but it would've been average at best anyways. Other than the unintentional comedy of this disaster, the only reason I watch it is in a Trek Movie Marathon.

2/10

Old 11-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 PM
In The Blue Ground

9/10

The best of the North of 60 IMHO

Old 11-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Kill Bill: Vol. 2

7.633/10

Not as bloody as 1, but still bloody. Overall, bloody good. The martial arts element is again impressive, but this one delves much more into the characters' motivations as people and blood-thirty villains. Did I mention blood?

Not for your grandma, but a nontheless.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #349
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:07 PM
Let's Go to Prison

Hilariously awkward and offbeat. I'm still not a fan of Dax Shepard, but Chi McBride (Vogler from Hooouse) and Will Arnett took this movie under their wings and made it funny. Bob Odenkirk directed and had a bit part, which was great and this movie was written by two of the guys from Reno 911! The unequivocal highlight of the movie is the tender prison love story between Will Arnett's character Nelson Biederman IV and Vogler's Barry. It was entertaining, but not 9 dollars worth, wait to rent this and laugh.

6/10
Old 11-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:07 AM
Intermission

I was sort of channel-hopping during the middle part of the film which isn't the best of endorsements for it but by the end part of the film I was hooked. All the actors involved were brilliant I felt- especially Kelly MacDonald, Shirley Henderson and that bloke off Star Trek (Colm Meaney imdb ).
Old 11-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:07 AM
The Break Up

Terrible

1/10
Old 11-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #352
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:07 PM
cars

9/10

pixar movies
Old 11-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #353
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:07 PM
Silent Hill 6/10

I only rented this because most of the exterior shots were filmed in the downtown of the city where I live. That's right, it's a source of pride around here that our dilapidated, run-down downtown area is awful enough to be the set of a movie that portrays a hellish, evil town, with minimal set dressing.

In an early scene, it shows a character reading an old newspaper from an archive. The title of the article? Silent Hill: A Tainted Town. That caused great laughter in our house. I've also heard that when the film opened in local theatres, audiences laughed out loud through much of it.

Other than the coolness factor of seeing your city on film, the movie itself was meh to me. Might be different if you're a fan of the genre, I suppose. Some of the cgi effects were kinda neat.

Btw, since the filming about a year and a half ago, they've begun a major downtown revitalization project here. I guess having our city basically represent something akin to hell finally got our city council moving.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #354
The Fly

Hard Candy

7/10

Incredibly disturbing movie. Great acting by Ellen Page and Patrick Wilson, but definitely not for everyone. Actually suceeds in making you sympathize with a pedophile.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Deja Vu - It's Bruckheimer. That being said, it was really good for a Bruckheimer movie. The plot had a lot of holes, I thought, but that happens when you are dealing with...well I won't spoil it. It was fun. 7/10

Bobby - Seeing as how I was heavily getting into JFK last week, this movie seemed like just the right timing. I expected silly nostalgia and Estevez gave us something completely different. It's not focused on Bobby, but rather around the people that were "affected" by Bobby's murder in the kitchen of the ambassador. You know it's going to tie up loose ends in the end, and it does so wonderfully. I highly recommend. 9/10

The Fountain - If you know Aronofsky's work (Pi, Requiem for a Dream), then you'll already know how offbeat the movie will be. That being said, it was a visually stunning piece. It's a love it or hate it sort of deal. If you're comfortable with Kubrick's 2001, you'll find this movie enjoyable.
Uhh, I don't think I can give it a rating just yet though. It's going to take a few days to sink in and understand the story. As one idiot behind me said, "I hate movies that make you think!" Well, then Tenacious D is in theater 10, ma'dear.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #356
Blue Crack Distributor

The Family Stone

Finally saw this one last night. I was expecting more of a screwball comedy, but it definitely had it's heartwrenching moments. As you near the end, it definitely tries to make up for the lack of screwball, but I was shedding a few tears by the end of it. Overall, pretty good, if not a little uneven at times.

7/10
Old 11-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Click

9/10

I saw this movie last night. Amazing movie. I thought it was going to be a really goofy Adam Sandler movie but I was really impressed by the acting and the people that were in it. David Hasselhoff was funny too. One part made me cry though!

War of The Roses

8/10

I saw this for the first time last night. I liked it but was kinda shocked at the ending. Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas were pretty evil in this movie.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:32 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Green Street Hooligans

Rented it through netflix and watched it Friday night. It was alright, but it fell flat in some areas for me. It provided a small view on football hooliganism in England but inspired me to look at other films relating to the subject to see what this underworld looks like (as well as at other websites to see what "firms" there are for these football teams). I was not sold on Elijah Wood character playing the part of good boy gone bad, he does not have a hard looking edge to him. I also do not condone the violence that is portrayed (which I know exists) yet I understand passion for sports runs deep in a lot of people and it is their way to identify the alligence. It is a shame that people let their emotions take control over them which can lead to to obsence, violence and shameful behaviour that does run rampant in all sports and in every country. 5/10
Old 11-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Oh and I was pretty bored this weekend so I saw two other movies.

Just Like Heaven
8/10

Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo are in this. They had pretty good chemistry. I liked it and thought it had a good storyline.

A Perfect Man
2/10

I can't believe I admit to watching this movie but I did. Hilary Duff, Heather Locklear and Chris Noth are in this. WTF happened to Heather Locklear's face? I thought she would stay away from plastic surgery but she succumbed to it. Parts of it were ok but the storyline was really stupid. I wouldn't recommend this pos to anyone.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Primer

7/10

This apparently won the Grand Jury prize at Sundance in 2004. Two dudes build a time machine ... confusing stuff happens.

I really enjoyed the movie and was deeply involved in it, even though I got WAY confused by the last 20 minutes or so of the movie. It's definitely designed for multiple viewings to figure stuff out.