Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #256
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:07 PM
no, he was awesome.

(in case it makes a difference, it's the only movie i've ever seen with him in it)

Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #257
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
no, he was awesome.

(in case it makes a difference, it's the only movie i've ever seen with him in it)
I loooooove Pierce Brosnan but Greg Kinnear wins this one.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by got_edge

I loooooove Pierce Brosnan but Greg Kinnear wins this one.
For real. He was perfect in that movie
Old 09-16-2006, 03:07 AM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The Black Dahlia

-100/10

One of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. Horribly acted, horrible dialogue. It's all over the place so you have no idea what's going on the entire time. And it also has basically nothing to do with the Elizabeth Short murder. Maybe at the end it somehow ties in with these equally boring storylines. It was just plain awful. We kept remarking at how cheap the beginning of the movie looked. It felt like we were watching people in costumes just reading from a script instead of acting.

Awful. Awful. Awful. Awful.

I counted about 30 people getting up to leave from the theater. Everyone else that stayed to the end kept talking about how awful it was.

You'd expect more from De Palma.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Honey I Shrunk The Kids

Haven't seen this for a long 'ol time. Great movie.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

The Black Dahlia

-100/10

One of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. Horribly acted, horrible dialogue. It's all over the place so you have no idea what's going on the entire time. And it also has basically nothing to do with the Elizabeth Short murder. Maybe at the end it somehow ties in with these equally boring storylines. It was just plain awful. We kept remarking at how cheap the beginning of the movie looked. It felt like we were watching people in costumes just reading from a script instead of acting.

I counted about 30 people getting up to leave from the theater. Everyone else that stayed to the end kept talking about how awful it was.

You'd expect more from De Palma.

Wow I didn't think it was that bad, but I know what you're saying. It was stuck trying to acheive some look and feel of films from the 50's and it came off wrong.

The person I went with was laughing at some of the more dramatic scenes because they were overdone. Scarlett Johansen biting her fist....

How much of this is true? I wonder about the Bobby DeWit plotline?? Is this even a good guess as to who killed her?

I'm off to google

that didn't take long..
http://www.bethshort.com/film06-discrepancies.php
Old 09-17-2006, 02:54 AM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:

The Black Dahlia

-100/10

bang on, plathe. i thought it was awful too. i think de palma was going for a film noir type thing, but couldn't pull it off. i wonder if it had been shot in black and white, if it woud have lent a bit more gravity to the movie. instead, like redkat mentioned, some of the more dramatic scenes came off as just silly. like when scarlett johannsen makes herself and josh hartnett dinner and then hartnett rips the tablecloth off the table just as the music swells to a crescendo - our whole theatre laughed at that. and hilary swank's character was just so overdone, it was hard to take her seriously.

you're right about it being only tangentially related to the elizabeth short murder, not only that, but the story was totally convoluted as well. the final kick in the pants was the little coda at the end saying that the film was based on the fictional novel by james ellroy. seriously, whoever did the marketing for this picture did a fantastic job making us think it would actually be about the black dahlia.

the best thing about this movie was seeing 'the last king of scotland' trailer at the beginning.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Failure To Launch

7/10

It's not going to win any awards, but I enjoyed it.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #264
ONE
love, blood, life

If any of you want to write a formal review of new movies you see in the theatres.. hit me up: carrie@interference.com.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Donnie Darko - 9.5/10

After wanting to see this movie forever, I finally rented it at Blockbuster over the weekend.

It's a quirky and bold movie that's about a whole lot of things: Time travel, yearning for acceptance and love, giant rabbits, and generally questioning everything society says you should never question. In other words, my kind of movie.

Jake Gyllenhaal is the lead actor. He's great as the emotionally mashed-up and lost Donnie. His real-life sister, Maggie, plays his on-screen sister, which adds a great sense of reality to the family.

The soundtrack is also kick-ass (or kick-arse if you happen to be residing in Canada).

Old 09-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Donnie Darko is amazing. I've seen it about 25 times already.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Donnie Darko is the most overrated hype-fest of a movie I've ever seen. Solid 5/10 for acting and humor.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:

Donnie Darko is amazing. I've seen it about 25 times already.
I've been looking through the deleted scenes/special features all night. The father/son one is my favourite. Happy tears

Pla, I'm in love with your planet icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
Donnie Darko is the most overrated hype-fest of a movie I've ever seen. Solid 5/10 for acting and humor.
Well, at least it's solid!

Maybe Frankie will be visiting you later tonight at the foot of your bed
Old 09-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Ladder 49

- 4/10

I thought with it having Joaquin Phoenix in it would have been ok but it wasn't. The acting was just ok but the storyline was poor and one dimensional.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:07 PM
Volver

8/10

I meant to see this one months ago when I was in Spain as I'd heard a lot about it. I really enjoyed it. Lots of stories are threaded together, secrets filter out during the movie and even at the end you're left guessing what will happen to the characters. A bit of humour in it too.