Revenge is soo sweeet - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2002, 09:34 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 04:19 AM
Revenge is soo sweeet

Great job England
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2002, 11:20 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:19 AM
watched the whole match in the PUB...was electrifying when beckham rocketed the penalty

Old 06-09-2002, 03:26 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Are you realy so proud. Winning a game with a penalty ? ...and then call it revenge,....good sportmanship.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:33 AM   #4
Refugee

Yes we are. Brazil won the World Cup on penalties. Germany won the World Cup with a penalty. France won the World Cup because their opponents' best player had a fit. So obviously all wins that were by penalties do not count and should not be celebrated. Nor ones from free-kicks.

The amount of anti-English bias on here has been somewhat revealing. In fact it has been very heartening... looks like England are still a major player in world football.
Old 06-09-2002, 04:36 AM   #5
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:19 AM

yeah why do all these people hate the english team? As for rafs...looked like the mexicans put 11 at the back towards the end of today's game!
Old 06-09-2002, 04:55 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brettig
yeah why do all these people hate the english team? As for rafs...looked like the mexicans put 11 at the back towards the end of today's game!
Certainly not by coach decition, we needed goals, and we were just pushed back, we need more accuracy up front.

And for England, such an overrated team, and over reacting fans, some have showed his class around here.

Its good when someone puts them in his place, anyway, the world cup has been very entertaining so far, and it looks that at least 1 or 2 of the BIG teams will fail to qualify.
Old 06-09-2002, 06:49 AM   #7
you are what you is

Quote:
yeah why do all these people hate the english team?
why would anyone hate an avarage team with 2/3 good/very good players ??
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-09-2002, 09:24 AM   #8
New Yorker

Why would anyone love a talented team with 11 very good players who can't qualify?
Old 06-09-2002, 10:11 AM   #9
Acrobat

9 June 2002, 13:37 Seoul - Tokyo
Beckham reveals drama of tension-filled Argentina winner

KOBE, Japan, June 9 (AFP) - England skipper David Beckham said how he "nearly stopped breathing" as he tried to compose himself for his match-winning penalty against bitter rivals Argentina.
Beckham revealed that mental images of his 1998 sending-off against Argentina were flooding into his mind as he prepared to take the crucial 'Group of Death' spot-kick.

He maintained his cool to rifle home a low shot past Pablo Cavallero in the Sapporo Dome - and admitted he knew how much victory meant.

"As a footballing nation, this moment was made for us. We've been waiting for this a long time so it's nice that it's come," Beckham said.

"It definitely beats the 5-1 win in Germany. No doubt about it. There is so much history between these two sides, but ultimately it's nice to be able to walk away from it and put it to rest.

"I really don't know what was going through my mind when we got the penalty.

"There were certain flashbacks from four years ago, especially when the ball went in the net.

"It was one hell of a moment. I had to take some deep breaths. At one point, I even nearly stopped breathing.

"It was an emotional time really but I think it was nice for the fans as well," he said.

"The stadium was packed with England supporters and nearly the whole stadium scored that penalty.

"They were willing it into the net. I'm tired now but the result got me through it," said Beckham, who has warned his team-mates against complacency against the already-eliminated Nigeria on Wednesday.

A point will be enough to take England through to the second phase but Beckham said memories of his side's poor display against Sweden were still fresh.

"We are not through yet though and we can't become complacent," he said.

"We can't afford to sit back like we did against Sweden in the second half or we will be in trouble. We have to go on from here as there is too much to lose now."

bur/rcw/ps02
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go Becks!
Old 06-09-2002, 11:43 AM   #10
Acrobat

Old 06-09-2002, 11:43 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Why would anyone love a talented team with 11 very good players who can't qualify?
LOL

That hurts,....
Old 06-09-2002, 05:20 PM   #12
you are what you is

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono

LOL

That hurts,....
hehe, yes almost
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-09-2002, 10:32 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I saw an item in Sports Illustrated a while back where David Beckham said he occasionally likes to wear his wife's underwear.

When Beckham bent over to set the ball for a corner kick against Argentina, I thought I saw a panty line.

I'm sure you're all thrilled to hear this.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:52 PM   #14
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

I'm sure you're all thrilled to hear this.
Actually, quite frankly I couldnt care less about Beckham, the less I have to hear/see/read of him, the better. There are so many better players in the world, even at his position, he's overrated because he can strike a dead ball. Even those are quite easy to defend if you do yyour homework.