return of the king - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2003, 01:05 AM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Ok you guys, you've got me choking up again!

Old 12-31-2003, 01:28 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Aragorn singing

I think Liv Tyler was the perfect choice for Arwen. The Riders of Rohan Legolas got a spontaneous round of applause in the theatre I was in for his acrobatics on the oliphant
A beautiful rendering of the tale, a visual feast, great characterisation...bravo! I can't wait to watch it again
and again.......

Old 12-31-2003, 03:06 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

can't help myself

Attached Thumbnails
lotr.jpg  
Old 12-31-2003, 02:20 PM   #79
War Child

Local Time: 09:51 AM
I saw it the other day, and it was absolutely amazing. Peter jackson is a freaking genius- I loved the pre-battle scenes, when there would be a closeup on a few soldiers, and then a huge pan out to show how many there were. I don't know why but I always love things like that. I read the books twice before seeing the movie, but the whole time i was surprised by what happened. My jaw was dropped the whole time. I am not an emotional person at all, and I cried a little, especially when Faramir is sent to reclaim Osgiliath, and meanwhile Denethor makes Pippin sing, etc. that scene just got me, and has stayed with me.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:24 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:51 AM
I saw it again this past weekend. The first time I cried a little, but mostly I was applauding and even cheering with the battle scenes (Eowyn, Aragorn jumping off the ship) and getting a bit nervous with Frodo and the ring. I mean, this was me when I first saw it

But the second time, since I knew what was going to happen, I sat back and took it all in. And this time I cried. There was so much emotion. The courage of Rohan, Pippin singing while Faramir and the fighters rode out, Arwen seeing her son in a vision, Sam telling Frodo "I can't carry the ring for you, but I can carry you," and the whole ending after the ring was destroyed.

*sniff* It was great!
Old 12-31-2003, 03:30 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:51 AM
gonna see it again tonight...and cry like an idiot too
Old 12-31-2003, 03:56 PM   #82
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
= frodo: "I do not recall the taste of food...nor the sound of the river..." etc...

that whole scene really got me. the music was really moving during the whole climb up mount doom...so that encouraged emotions even more
That part really got me too. Then the part where they are on the rock. "Here at the end of all things..."

Then I'm strangely under control until Frodo leaves for the Gray Havens.

I liked it even more the second time, but I was more emotional knowing what was coming up. I haven't even listened to the whole ROTK soundtrack yet, it's too emotionally draining.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:51 AM
went and saw it tonight.....
and to peter jackson and all the actors in involved

the movie is so bloody fantastic.....nothing comes close it it, execpt 2 Towers and Fellowship
easily the best trilogy ever...fullstop, and really the only movie trilogy that gets better with every movie

i went with dad ( ) he made fun of the movie pretty much right though it..and thought frodo should have come out of the closet
i think the movie was too long for him...you know people with short attention spans

anyways i dont wanna take too much room up cause i could go on forever!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #84
you are what you is

Local Time: 02:51 PM
I should go with your dad and annoy the crap out of everyone there
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 01-01-2004, 10:26 AM   #85
Refugee

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Pippin... *drools*
That scene with him singing is just...wow. I downloaded the song
Ive seen it twice in theatres. I might go see it again. I skipped school one day to go on a double date with my bf and two of my girlfriends. It was awesome. Then I saw it monday with my mommy. My bf saw it twice in the same day. I feel like such a geek since my family spent xmas watching TTT.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:57 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:21 AM
I saw that they won some award for best acting by an ensemble cast.

I think that's a really good award...they should give out oscars for that. I mean...really, every actor in this movie was great, and that's saying something cos there was, like, a million.
now, in starwars...even the classics - I think everyone must admit most of the acting is bad!
Old 01-01-2004, 03:28 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Now you've made me want to go and see it again. I can't wait till the video is released.
That is good news about the acting ensemble award. They all contributed and worked so well together. It would be hard to chose best actor award for it. Viggo? Sir Ian? Elijah? the guy who played Gimli? he was perfect, so funny....Legolas? for being there
My friend's son was given a jigsaw puzzle. It has a beautiful photo of Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas on horseback...Shadowfax looks magnificent.I think the horse master and handlers should get an award too...and New Zealand, for being the perfect setting. The set and costume makers, the camera-men....the caterers. It was massive project. A hugely successful project. They all deserve an award.
I think JRR Tolkien would be well pleased
especially if we learn from it.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:13 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I'm a convert.
Ditto. I saw it for the second time last night and loved it even more if that's possible. When Pippen sings it just gave me chills. I need to figure out how to make myself a ROTK avatar...
Old 01-03-2004, 02:59 AM   #89
New Yorker

Just find yourself a good ROTK picture and I will shrink it down for you. lordoftherings.net might have some AIM icons that would work.

I would like this film to beat Titanic's monetary total. It's kind of bizarre that should be the top-grossing film of all time compared to something like LOTR.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #90
you are what you is

Local Time: 02:51 PM
now, now
you're talking about LOTR like it can be compared to the greatness know to mankind as Mary Poppins

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa