Return Of The 6th Interference Album Listening Party - Axver's Modern Prog Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
The response to my initial thread for this party wasn't particularly enthusiastic and things kind of slipped off the radar I suppose, especially with the Desert Island Album Game, but let's get this thing going before Brau kills me. :wink:

I hope folks still want to do this. I'm not so confident after the unenthusiastic initial response, but let's see where we get. The album we'll listen to is Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream, which won the earlier poll. It's truly a fantastic album - if you listened to the tracklisting I made for the Desert Island Album Game, Piano Lessons is the second track on Stupid Dream.

If you plan on joining the party, you're going to need the album. If you don't have it, leave your e-mail address and I'll rectify the situation. :wink:

Now, we need a date and time. I'd like to propose Saturday, 8 July, 1pm Australian Eastern Time, which is Friday, 7 July, 11pm US Eastern Time. Is that OK with the listening party regulars?

Once we have a definite time, I'll upload the album, and in the e-mails, I'll let everyone know the proper time. :)

KhanadaRhodes said:
i'll be at work :(

everyone have fun :wave:

What time would suit you, Khan? It'd be cool if you could make it.

hippy said:
I've heard you talk about this one a lot, so I'm really looking forward to hearing it! :)

I hope you and everyone else enjoys this one. As far as prog goes, Stupid Dream is quite song-structured, and Steven Wilson has a great voice. So it may just go down well!

Salome said:
no clue what time that will be around here

Well, I know that Europe (at least GMT) is 5 hours ahead of US Eastern when there's no daylight savings. I assume both the US and Europe are in daylight savings right now though? That would mean 11pm US Eastern = 4am GMT.

So not a good time for you, I'm afraid.

Come on, people. 70 views and only 3 replies, 2 from people who can't even make it? :(

Surely some of you want some free music and would enjoy listening to it together. If the proposed time sucks, let's schedule a better one.

I missed the last listening party, but I should be around (and awake) for this one

pattip2000@hotmail.com

p.s. Axver- what do you think about trying for a fake setlist party sometime in the near future????? pretty please. It'd be tons-o-fun

pattip2000 said:
p.s. Axver- what do you think about trying for a fake setlist party sometime in the near future????? pretty please. It'd be tons-o-fun

I think that'd rock. :)

I wonder when to schedule it, though ...!

This looks like it won't be much of a party. :(

Maybe I'll hold off for a bit, see if anyone else shows some interest. Is Brau on holiday or something?

KhanadaRhodes said:

i usually get home from work at around midnight cst, which would be 3 your time?

Yep, that's right. Might be a bit late for east coast folk ...

I fear my modern prog has rather bombed.

Folks, I'm going to upload the album now. But please tell me if you can make it at 1pm (11pm US eastern) today. If we don't have 4 people including myself, we'll postpone it.

I don't really want this to be a party where I talk to myself. I'm also wondering where Brau is. Given these parties were his idea, it would be strange to have one without him.

i can be here at 11 EST, but i actually wouldn't be able to stay for the whole thing :reject: another day would probably be better, but don't postpone just because of me.;)

i am very interested to listen to this album, since you talk about Porcupine Tree a lot.:wink:

What day/time would suit you better? It'd be nice to fit in as many people as possible.

Alright, I'm going to postpone this, though I intend for it to take place no later than 11pm US Eastern on the 14th. If we can hold it on a sooner date, that's even better.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Hm?

I suppose if there is enough of us, we could still hold the party now. I just thought it was going to end up being myself and maybe hippy if held today.

I'm about to e-mail the link around now though, so we could still hold it ...

:happy:

I've sent out the e-mail. If we have enough people around today, we'll hold it. And if enough people can't make it today but would still like to partake in an album party, I like this album enough that I'd be happy to hold the party again at a later date.

But let's see, patti and hippy both said they could make it today, didn't they? So if they come, and Khan and I are here, that's 4, which I think has been about average in the past, so we'll go ahead with it in that case. :)

Well, if my understanding of timezones is any decent, it's only half an hour until 11pm US eastern. I'm going to play the album and we'll use this thread for the party. Hopefully I won't be by myself!

I hope you've got a fast enough Internet connection. :wink:

Heh, looks like it'll be done just in time!

And if you are a bit behind, you can just skip the title track. It's merely the outro for Piano Lessons and quite pointless really.

Back
Top Bottom