Return Of The 6th Interference Album Listening Party - Axver's Modern Prog Edition - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #106
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:31 AM
there is nothing better than good music (ok that might be a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

Old 07-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #107
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pattip2000
night hippy

I need to get to sleep too; I have a long day of working in my garden tomorrow. Just incase you guys didn’t notice I REALLY like this band, kind of dorky but I’m very excited about diving into more of their stuff (I haven’t had a new band to obsess over for a while)
I'm really glad! I didn't think I'd actually successfully convert anyone to any of my bands - in fact, I wasn't sure if things would even go well enough to merit a second round of my Modern Prog series.

PT has a very diverse, extensive catalogue, and hopefully you'll enjoy it. The earliest stuff (On The Sunday Of Life) is very bizarre and experimental, made by Wilson in his bedroom, and I don't listen to it much. He assembled a band for the later albums, though Up The Downstair was originally recorded by Wilson solo and then re-recorded with the full band for a later re-issue.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 AM   #108
New Yorker

(last thing than I really do need to go to bed) Axver, are you up for putting together a little prog rock 101 class for me? I need all the help i can get
Old 07-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #109
Vocal parasite

Quote:
there is nothing better than good music (ok that might be a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)
There will be some waiting in your inbox in the morning.

Good music rules my life.

And yes, I am quite happy to introduce you or anyone else to prog! I'm kind of new to it myself, I only got my first Porcupine Tree CD in June 2005, but I think I'm getting there.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #110
New Yorker

June 2005 wow! you must be a quick learner, or like me, when you find something you like you obsess over it
Old 07-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #111
Vocal parasite

Quote:
June 2005 wow! you must be a quick learner, or like me, when you find something you like you obsess over it
A combination of both, actually! I have quite the memory (interested in Pi to 353 decimal places? No, I don't know why I memorised it; boredom perhaps), and when I am keen on something, I am keen on it. Plus, like I said, good music rules my life - I can't get enough of it.

And weren't you going to bed?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #112
New Yorker

yes, yes. must..... get...... sleep (after reading a bit, but you don't care about the details)

thanks so much for the party
have a good night

(last post, for real)
Old 07-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #113
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

(interested in Pi to 353 decimal places? No, I don't know why I memorised it; boredom perhaps),

LMAO!

Interested in PI to two decimal places? That's about as much as I remember

Thanks for the parting gifts!