Retro Island Master List & Tournament Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well. Looks like some fun listening. Besides that, I'm glad to add to our music collection a few things I was hoping to see. Thomas Dolby 'She Blinded Me with Science', a few New Order tracks, couple Pretenders, Khanada comes through with Fire Drill, an obscure track which the Enz pulled outta their butts at one of their shows I saw :up: haven't heard in many years (on top of the Valley Girl reference on her cover :lol:), Smiths from LMP, and from the one I think I'm most closely aligned with, VP, I'm the Man, Nigel, Antmusic, Life During Wartime, Rudie Can't Fail & an old favorite I also haven't heard in a long time, the Blockheads 'Sex, Drugs & R 'n R. So true!

WTG everyone. I should've made a cover, but I'm too lame. Woulda been something like - Punk & New Wave: So much good music, so many bad haircuts :)

Been listening to songs from this genre all evening! I just can't get enough! :love:

Shoulda joined in Zoots. The best part for me were that the rules were pretty loose and forgiving, just the way I like it. Pretty much anything was ultimately allowed though most kept within the desired framework. Mid to late 70's through 80's.
No old timey rock. Anyways, it's only r 'n r and we like it :)

I would have put in 'I know what boys like', but didn't have it :wink:

Got all of the lists downloaded and ready to listen, I'm excited.

And namkcuR, no offense or anything, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but you're supposed to space after numbering stuff (ex: 4. "I See the Good in This") and using parentheses. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I just tried downloading bono_212's list. However, Media Fire hates me. I've had this problem before with other Desert Island competitions. I can't download her file. I can try to listen to the songs elsewhere separately, unless she (or anyone else :flirt: ) cares to re-upload :reject: I had an issue with VP's list, but she re-uploaded for me already.

sorry.gif

Actually the file size didn't match what the file size should have been. Gonna try again, and also trying to d/l Khanada's list as well.

I tried VP's list last night on 2 different computers. Same issues :shrug:

Last edit:
Tried bono_212's again. The file size on Media Fire says 55.58MB. But the complete list never downloads. I got about 6MB in about 2 minutes.
crying02.gif
stress.gif

I know, because I thought that was the service you suggested. I've never had a problem with You Send It, and always wonder why you recommend others.

I tried Ashley's 3 times, and it just won't work. Someone :flirt: just offered to upload hers to YSI for me. :bow:

And my computers are 2 & 4 years old respectively. But I had problems in the last 1-2 DI Competitions as well. Who the heck knows...

Apparently I didn't :happy:

Should have been a rebel and used YSI :madspit: :wink:

And apparently someone must have suggested Media Fire, because it looks like most of the files were uploaded there. Trying to d/l LMP's now while listening to Khanada's list.

Apparently I didn't :happy:

Should have been a rebel and used YSI :madspit: :wink:

And apparently someone must have suggested Media Fire, because it looks like most of the files were uploaded there. Trying to d/l LMP's now while listening to Khanada's list.

I think it was LMP that suggested media fire to me.

The problem with ysi is that the downloads only stay up for a week. In every other way, I find it superior, and for short term uploads, I like it best.

Some of the other free services seem to limit the amount you can download in a day, but Media Fire doesn't seem to do this, plus, the links seem to stay good indefinitely. The other one, Mega Upload, limits how much you can download for free each day, although those links last indefinitely, too. (One of them, can't remember which one, lasts for 90 days after the last download - i.e., if people kept downloading, the link would stay good forever, in theory.)

Media fire is the shit, wonder why it doesn't work for the Lila/Hardyharhar clan. Good news for Hardy though, I absolutely loved his playlist. I don't know what else can top it for me, actually.

And yes, my pussy can do the dog.

So I'm assuming VP made sure you got it Lila?

Yeah, I have to download it later today. :up:

Media fire is the shit, wonder why it doesn't work for the Lila/Hardyharhar clan. Good news for Hardy though, I absolutely loved his playlist. I don't know what else can top it for me, actually.

And yes, my pussy can do the dog.

:sexywink:

I may be partial, but I like his list a lot too. There are a few songs that rotated in and out, and due to the time constraints, they got left off. No Sally Maclanan for you people! NEXT!

:wink:

Finished listening to several, including hardy's final version (I heard various incantations before).

Now playing Bono_212!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom