Retro Island Master List & Tournament Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mapspit? :hmm: is that when you spit on a map? :giggle:

and yeah, you're right. on the first two rounds, i have a chance to win. (like 50/50, you know) but against lumpy? it's more like 3:1 odds or something!

You're going to cream me in this tourney, don't worry. I may be the only person in it who wasn't even alive in the '80s.

I almost used Coldplay's "Talk"... I mean, Kraftwerk's "Computer Love," but decided against it.

Oh, I just remembered something:

*ATTENTION*!:

My copy of Just Like Heaven is missing the last couple of seconds for some inexplicable reason. If you have a personal copy of the song, it might be best if you used it. Also that means my list is a few seconds of, finally, of course, that I fail at life.

carry on.

No, it's one on one within each group. So the schedule will go like this:

Round One:

hardyharhar vs. namkcuR
phanan vs. Screwtape2
bono_212 vs. KhanadaRhodes
LemonMacPhisto vs. VintagePunk

Round Two:

hardyharhar vs. phanan
namkcuR vs. Screwtape2
bono_212 vs. LemonMacPhisto
KhanadaRhodes vs. VintagePunk

Round Three:

hardyharhar vs. Screwtape2
namkcuR vs. phanan
bono_212 vs. VintagePunk
KhanadaRhodes vs. LemonMacPhisto

Semis:

Group 1 winner vs. Group 2 runner-up
Group 2 winner vs. Group 1 runner-up

Third Place Match

FINAL

So in other words, not everyone competes against everyone, depending on votes of course... :wink:

this including lumpy's stuff, which i've now heard as i've heard his list, but you know.

hardyharhar:
dead kennedys
the cramps
the buzzcocks
wire
john foxx
killing joke

namkcur:
none :D

phanan:
graham parker

screwtape2:
marianne faithfull
utopia

bono_212:
red rockers
elvis costello

khanadarhodes:
all these songs are unfamiliar :tsk:

lemonmacphisto:
elvis costello (same song as ashley's so it doesn't count)
the stranglers
the go-betweens

vintage punk:
boomtown rats
xtc
alice cooper
buzzcocks
sid vicious

okay, maybe the percentage is a little lower :uhoh:

Really? You've never heard the Elvis Costello song? Cramps, Buzzcocks and Killing Joke? :hmm:

phanan with Local Girls :up:
Wow, no Go-Go's! So many tracks left out. Some I had expected to see on the lists. Going back to review on page 1 :nerd:

Really? You've never heard the Elvis Costello song? Cramps, Buzzcocks and Killing Joke? :hmm:

I know she's HAD to have heard it or she doesn't listen to the Desert Island lists :)tsk: ) cause it's been on at least three different ones, if Memory serves :p

phanan with Local Girls :up:
Wow, no Go-Go's! So many tracks left out. Some I had expected to see on the lists. Going back to review on page 1 :nerd:

I was *this* close to adding a b-52s song or a Go-Gos one, but then I thought...no..no...that's just pushing it too far. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom