Resume... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-16-2004, 02:33 AM   #16
Local Time: 07:31 AM

I still use "Objective: what contribution I plan to make to their team" on my resume. It helps to clarify what your employment goal is when it becomes separated from that great letter you sent with it. I also would suggest adding in other pertinent ones such as "languages" and "computer tools" or other relevant experience. If you donít have a lot of experience in the field that you are applying for because of a recent graduation or career change, don't forget to add the clubs, tutoring, achievements and experiences in. I don't, however, put references on the resume. that is kind of tacky and takes way too much space. I make a separate professional document that lists my work related references and any attached letters of reference I might have. The key to a great resume is to attract their attention with as little reading and studying as possible so the term K.I.S.S. applies (one of the few great terms I picked up from my A&P instructor, "keep it simple stupid") No bullets, no graphics, simple 10-12 professional font and make sure it is in a scannable format and for a professional, as few pages as possible, shoot for one concise, professional looking page. Employers are known to scan your resume into a network and send it to supervisors. I think there are tips to creating a scannable resume on the job search section of Good Luck!!!