Rescue Ashlee Simpson's Career

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO Janet sort of started her music career in the shadow f Michael and the Jackson 5. Maybe in Jermaine's shadow too... LOL. Look where she ended up. An MTV ICON. It's not like a person who "appears" less talented then their elder siblings can't use the family name or their sibling's success to jumpstart their own career. Nothing wrong with IMO.

I'd say she should get a new manager, take singing lessons

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/...psons_career_comes_courtesy_of_daddy_dearest/

"Then again what should anyone expect from a father who isn't beyond promoting -- and commenting in unnerving detail -- about his daughter Jessica's sexiness. In a GQ interview last month, Joe said, ''Jessica never tries to be sexy. She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she's sexy in both. She's got double D's! You can't cover those suckers up!"

Sorry, that's creepy. I've seen it in episodes of that Newlyweds show too, the creepy way he acts and the inappropriate things he says.

Joe Simpson makes me sick. Sick sick sick. As an ex-minister... to sexualize his one blonde daughter and then force his other less obviously talented daughter into the apparent booming "family business" is sickening. I've read so many stories about how the Simpson parents are money grubbing and will do anything to make a buck at their daughters' expense and health.

Their times is up though. The only way Jessica can gain any true respect outside of reality tv is if her acting career takes off - same with Ashlee. I don't dislike Ashlee; she seems like a scrappy girl who isn't so unlike me at 20, but I just feel bad for her, I really do.

i just listened to a part of the orange bowl performance and... i had no idea it was this bad... poor girl:(

HelloAngel said:
I'm doing the cabbage patch dance now, Headache. :dance:

banana.gif

MrsSpringsteen said:

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/...psons_career_comes_courtesy_of_daddy_dearest/

"Then again what should anyone expect from a father who isn't beyond promoting -- and commenting in unnerving detail -- about his daughter Jessica's sexiness. In a GQ interview last month, Joe said, ''Jessica never tries to be sexy. She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she's sexy in both. She's got double D's! You can't cover those suckers up!"

Sorry, that's creepy. I've seen it in episodes of that Newlyweds show too, the creepy way he acts and the inappropriate things he says.

:|

I recently read another quote daddy dearest made about Jessica's breasts..."those things enter a room before she does"

What a creep. He's spending a little too much time focusing on his daughter's breasts.

I wonder if the Mother ever notices, or even cares

Also the episodes when he was watching (why does he have to watch them touching each other and making out?) Nick and Jessica film that video when they were on a bed, and he said something like "now that they're married they can have all the sex they want" It's the expressions on his face and the tone of voice he uses as well.

Then when he walked in on Jessica and some of the others sunbathing topless, he didn't seem to mind :| Of course that could have all been set up for the show, but he still gives me the creeps.

I feel sorry for Ashlee, the way her Mother treats her. She makes it clear that she favors Jessica over her.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Jessica's DAD, ''Jessica never tries to be sexy. She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she's sexy in both. She's got double D's! You can't cover those suckers up!"
Holy creep, that's crappy.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I agree with papa Simpson... He gets criticized for telling the truth?

[q]Ashlee Simpson Not Discouraged By Negative Crowd Reaction At The Orange Bowl

Thu Jan 13, 9:00 AM ET

LAUNCH Radio Networks

Ashlee Simpson (news) is determined to stay optimistic about her career, despite being booed by 72,000 people at the Orange Bowl (news - web sites) half-time show in Miami last week. Simpson tells MTV News, "There was some booing that went on after the half-time show was finished. If they didn't like the performance--and that's what it was about--then sorry to them."

The Oklahoma Sooners and the University of Southern California Trojans battled for the national college football championship at the Orange Bowl. Simpson speculated that it was the Oklahoma Sooners fans booing her because a film clip of her rooting for USC was shown before her performance.

Simpson says the Orange Bowl performance and her lip-synching mishap on Saturday Night Live a few months ago was a learning experience. She says, "I go from having a Number One album and things going great and all of a sudden SNL happens and boom! You're faced with how mean people can be and criticizing you and stuff...But I've learned a lot about myself. I'm still 20, and a new artist, and I will only grow."

Simpson kicks off her first concert tour on February 16 in Anaheim, California.

In related news, a New York City teenager is so fed up with Ashlee Simpson that she started a petition to put an end to the pop star's career. The online petition states, "We, the undersigned, are disgusted with Ashlee Simpson's horrible singing and hereby ask her to stop. Stop recording, touring, modeling and performing. We do not wish to see her again."

Bethany Decker, an 18-year-old from Staten Island, New York, tells LAUNCH that she started the petition a few days after Simpson was booed at the Orange Bowl. She says, "My friend, Steve, called up after her performance to tell me how bad it was so I went online and got a clip. After chatting with a lot of people that just really wanted to express their anger, I decided that a petition might actually do something."

Decker says that she and the many music fans who signed her petition feel that artists should land record deals based on their artistic merit. She says, "I guess I did it, mostly because I'm just sick of record companies deciding who is popular... We want people who have talent. People who can sing, and don't need their voices retouched for their CD. Artists whose CDs reflect how they actually sound."

The Stop Ashlee Simpson petition--which is available at petitiononline.com--has been signed by almost 5,000 people since it launched on January 6. The petition is addressed to Simpson's record label, Geffen/DGC Records and her management company, JT Simpson Entertainment. [/q]

LOL

Decker says that she and the many music fans who signed her petition feel that artists should land record deals based on their artistic merit. She says, "I guess I did it, mostly because I'm just sick of record companies deciding who is popular... We want people who have talent. People who can sing, and don't need their voices retouched for their CD. Artists whose CDs reflect how they actually sound."

LOL as if her taste/ opinion is objective truth...

Almost all artists have their voices, instruments, etc. retouched.

Back
Top Bottom