Rescue Ashlee Simpson's Career - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2005, 08:49 AM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 05:09 PM
actually i think christina aguilera has a pretty strong voice...

but jessica simpson just makes me cringe, you can teach someone to sing, but you cant teach them to be not annoying!

thats why jessica goes and ashlee stays.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:59 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:09 AM
I'm doing the cabbage patch dance now, Headache.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:29 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
jessica simpson, christina aguilera, mandy moore, britney spears... they can all actually sing.
I agree with all in your list but Britney. I can't stand her voice.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

I agree with all in your list but Britney. I can't stand her voice.
yeah, Britney can't sing for shit. Aggulera and even Jessica Simpson can.

Are you sure about Whitney Houston using a prerecorded performance? maybe she did; I don't know, I thought it was live....certainly she can sing.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
I have seen more obvious cases of "fake musicians" and they haven't been as "lynched" as Ashlee.

name 2.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #81
New Yorker

Janet Jackson and the Back Street Boys... relatively speaking...
Old 01-10-2005, 01:51 PM   #82
New Yorker

I was actually awed at how massive the booing was... It was pretty bad during Destiny Child's performance and I also thought it was low-class and lame considering I actually liked their performance but the Ashlee Simpson performance was pretty bad... however one of my favorites of the moment... Karen O... she can be pretty off too.

I've read somewhere else that it could have been an issue with her stage monitors or ear monitor (if she was using one). I also find it hard to believe her voice being that bad considering the song that I heard of hers on the radio has a decent voice.

I mean seriously... outside of telling her to quit... what would you advise her to do? I think Melon offered a pretty interesting opinion.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

Are you sure about Whitney Houston using a prerecorded performance? maybe she did; I don't know, I thought it was live....certainly she can sing.
Most definitely Whitney's was a lipsync performance - it's quite legendary actually. Like someone said above, many mime for sporting events to make sure nothing goes wrong. Lord knows why Roseanne Barr didn't have to follow suit.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:37 PM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

No, no, I am really serious about this. I feel that her performance wasn't really that offensive, and I am assuming that the only acceptable catalyst for booing is something being offensive to you and/or affecting you in such a way that you feel compelled to boo.

I watch the performance and she wasn't even off key. Sure, she wasn't a Grade A performer but it wasn't really that hideous. I believe that it is rude to boo someone on stage and should only be done on a need-to-do basis.

I am a performer myself, and I know that it takes a lot of work and initially guts to perform - and if you're performing in such a massive scale as she was then all the more pressure. I believe that someone who exposes themself trying to entertaing a mass of drunk college kids deserves just a tad more of respect.

Shania Twain clearly lyp-synched in one of those big performances, I believe it was the Super Bowl but I am not sure; she received an ovation. Ahslee Simoson didn't and she was booed for the hell of it. Just because it was fun. Just because a couple of beer holding guys thought it would be funny to humilliate someone. It just doesn't seem right for someone who geniunly tried.

I still believe that people hate Ashlee Simpson because it's cool to hate it and everyon else is doing it, so that makes it OK to hate her.

I was just really dissapointed with that display of today's culture ...or lack thereof.

i think you're wrong. i know i'd boo the hell out of anyone and everyone if i thought they sucked. it's ok to express that you like a band (ie. clapping, cheering, standing ovation), but you have to sit there quietly and mind your own business, suffering through shit? i would have booed that american idol airhead, the country guy, and ashlee simpson all in one long collective boo. or maybe i'd yell "you suck" or "get off the stage" just to shake things up.

for some inexplicable reason, there are people out there who like shania twain. i've never met any of them, so i can't really explain this phenomenon.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #85
She's the One

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Shania Twain has great skin. Maybe that's it.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Flying FuManchu
Janet Jackson and the Back Street Boys... relatively speaking...
This is just for what it's worth...

I've seen Janet Jackson lip synch many performances, such as halftimes, the VMAs, etc. She does, however, also give live performances with full singing and dancing. Both of her HBO concert specials had her singing live while doing all of her dance moves, and these are two-hour and change concerts. She sounds just fine live, especially considering how much she's moving around while she sings. Just seems that she prefers the safety of lip synching when it's live before a national audience. I've never really seen her criticized for it, I guess because most people believe she really can sing.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #87
New Yorker

But Janet does have a weak voice and and the BSB boys are actually relatively mediocre as vocalists.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

I have a friend who likes Janet a lot, and so I was exposed to a lot of her music. I guess I'm biased in her direction.

If you want to hear a really bad Jackson, you should listen to her sister, LaToya, sometime...lol.

Melon
Old 01-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

Most definitely Whitney's was a lipsync performance - it's quite legendary actually. Like someone said above, many mime for sporting events to make sure nothing goes wrong. Lord knows why Roseanne Barr didn't have to follow suit.

fair enough; I really don't remember that.
well, whitney's certainly got pipes to go all 'round for sure...
now if she can just put down the pipe.....
Old 01-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #90
New Yorker

I have no hate towards Janet Jackson but she gets away with a relatively weak voice IMO. Madonna also had a soso voice but she has improved over the years. I just never saw that with Janet.