Rescue Ashlee Simpson's Career - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 06:18 PM
okay, i do not care for ashlee simpson. I dont think she has much talent at this point.

BUT..............

i am sure a lot of you when the SNL thing came out said "Thats bullshit, she should really sing" Now she does and ya still gripe. Get the fuck outta here. Bonos voice isnt great on boy. true not as bad as ashlees but he wasnt as good as sinatra either.

As far as blaming the band thing. She had less than 15 minutes to address the world at the end of the show. People told her what to say. ANYONE at that age in show business does not have there own opinion.

This being said im NOT predicting her to win grammys or even last 10 years in the business but many of you are just doing this because everyone else is. Can you say sheep!

I reiterate she aint great or even good . But it was her first "LIVE" performance without the lip sync shit. Everyone else there didn't sound good either. When you sing you have to feel it. you can tell by her mannerisms she didn't

Old 01-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 PM
brush, browneyed boy: if you can't call a spade a spade, then i just feel sorry for you.

if you can't acknowledge that she's a no-talent hack who's only popular because of her older sister, and that every time she gets on the radio SOMEONE WITH MORE TALENT DOESN'T, then you should be embarassed.

there can be no defense of her. she represents everything that's wrong.

Old 01-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #48
War Child

okay, but months ago everyone loved her, i just believe your on the band wagon. i do not care for her and i said i don't think she is very talented, but its a bit early. Look at avril first album is so-so second album has good lyrics and a more in tune voice.

i guess i just don't like seing you kick her while she is kissing the carpet.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #49
War Child

so what if my eyes are brown--------im a teddy bear
Old 01-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
okay, but months ago everyone loved her, i just believe your on the band wagon. i do not care for her and i said i don't think she is very talented, but its a bit early. Look at avril first album is so-so second album has good lyrics and a more in tune voice.

i guess i just don't like seing you kick her while she is kissing the carpet.
There really should be an International English cause somethings said...........
Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #51
War Child

lets start hating avril now. Cause that i will defend, she has shown improvement. shes better than decent, if that makes any sense.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:08 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
okay, but months ago everyone loved her,
Are you kidding me?
Old 01-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
she is kissing the carpet.
hee hee hee!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

hee hee hee!
Thats what I meant. I thought perhaps USA people dont use that expression in the same way as some other nationalities.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #55
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

hee hee hee!
when i posted that i did have a mental image pop in my had. I am such a dog.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I reiterate she aint great or even good . But it was her first "LIVE" performance without the lip sync shit. Everyone else there didn't sound good either. When you sing you have to feel it. you can tell by her mannerisms she didn't
Actually, the Orange Bowl was not her first live performance on television or otherwise. If you watched her show, her father made her perform as part of a showcase so that she could prove herself. She was backed by members of Sugar Ray who also helped her write her record. As for her other live television performance, she performed at the AMAs or Billboard Awards or something. Oh, and the MTV VMAs.

Quote:
I'm not sure who you're classifying as "everyone" but no one I know likes her or even bothers with pop music. Perhaps you're referring to teenagers or middleschoolers - people more in her demographic. Triple Platinum in sales doesn't mean "everyone" and is not even close to my taste.

As for the band wagon - perhaps you're assuming some of us used to like her. Most of us never have and never will. It's easy to pull out the "band wagon" accusation - and perhaps for some that is the case, but doubtful on these boards. For accuracy, go to the NSYNC JJB boards for the band wagoners of whom you speak.

The SNL thing was very unfortunate and embarrassing, and I really do feel that the outcry over it was a bit much. But she is riding her sister's coattails, and wouldn't even have a record contract right now if it wasn't for Jessica's overexposure and her father/manager putting her out there like that.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #57
War Child

well goodnight everyone, if ya decide to lynch ashlee remember to use rope not wire, it cuts.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #58
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

Actually, the Orange Bowl was not her first live performance on television or otherwise. If you watched her show, her father made her perform as part of a showcase so that she could prove herself. She was backed by members of Sugar Ray who also helped her write her record. As for her other live television performance, she performed at the AMAs or Billboard Awards or something. Oh, and the MTV VMAs.

I'm not sure who you're classifying as "everyone" but no one I know likes her or even bothers with pop music. Perhaps you're referring to teenagers or middleschoolers - people more in her demographic. Triple Platinum in sales doesn't mean "everyone" and is not even close to my taste.

As for the band wagon - perhaps you're assuming some of us used to like her. Most of us never have and never will. It's easy to pull out the "band wagon" accusation - and perhaps for some that is the case, but doubtful on these boards. For accuracy, go to the NSYNC JJB boards for the band wagoners of whom you speak.

The SNL thing was very unfortunate and embarrassing, and I really do feel that the outcry over it was a bit much. But she is riding her sister's coattails, and wouldn't even have a record contract right now if it wasn't for Jessica's overexposure and her father/manager putting her out there like that.
-Read the quotation marks, its probably the first time she sung live, not performed live, she usually lip syncs. This was also nation.......and i hate to break it to you but at the VMA's she lip synced.
-i mean a lot more people liked her and were into her acouple months ago. its funny how now we hear only negative things now.

-good point about her sister and the contract, but you would have done the same thing, i would have and so would everyone else on the panel (not trying to speak for everyone just making a point)
Old 01-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

-Read the quotation marks, its probably the first time she sung live, not performed live, she usually lip syncs. This was also nation.......and i hate to break it to you but at the VMA's she lip synced.
-i mean a lot more people liked her and were into her acouple months ago. its funny how now we hear only negative things now.
Again, I'm positive it wasn't her first LIVE singing performance. But we can disagree there, and yes I read your quotations. And you're not breaking anything to me - I don't expect anything from most popstars.

Actually, again - I have no idea who you're thinking liked her awhile ago - but now it's just that the people who didn't like her all along are having their say, you know what I mean? This is a demographic thing. People on a U2 message board are not the ideal demographic for your band wagon theory on this one because most of us were not in her corner to begin with.

I think Zoomerang96 brought this up, but it's not just Ashlee - this is about all popstars who lipsync thru their career and still reap the benefits and fame for it. We're sick of it. If it had been Britney or Beyonce up there on SNL, their cookies would have crumbled too.

Actually it's not funny that we only hear negative things now - that's how the media is. They play things to the hilt to dramatic effect. The media kicks people when they're down because it sells more papers.

As for what I would or wouldn't do in a Simpson-type scenario, I pray I would have presence of mind enough to know I wasn't good at something and wouldn't want to embarrass myself. I blame her father for the torture she's experiencing right now because he put her up to it.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:39 PM   #60
She's the One

Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Well I dunno about you guys... but I'm not a halfbad singer and have loads of bad highschoolish poetry just begging to be heard by the unwitting masses....

Quote:
Oh wait. I don't have a famous sister or a horribly creepy ex-minister father willing to whore me out in the name of the holy DOLLAR!

Oh well.
awww....

You're way cuter than Ashlee, so I'd watch you on tv.