Rescue Ashlee Simpson's Career - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:32 PM

Old 01-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Re: Rescue Ashlee Simpson's Career

Quote:
Originally posted by Flying FuManchu
If you were her manager or in control of her career... hell, if you were Ashlee Simpso, what would you do or what advice would you give?
If I was her manager or in control of her career, I would bail out ASAP and deny ever being involved...

Old 01-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
Booing is rude. As simple as that. It just looks so terrible, how it happened in unision, like it was planned. There wasn't even a silenced attempt at applause it was strictly booing. I'm sure no one really cared about the performance at the moment and saw the guy next to them boo-ing so they went right along with it.

Typical mob-mentality. I bet that if she met all those audience members one by one they'd probably ask for an autograph and then go show-off to their friends.

I'm also sure there were plenty of rocket scientists in the stadium that day.

People hate Ashlee Simpson because it's cool to hate Ashlee Simpson. Britney Spears is no better than she is and everyone loved her for the same reason they hate Ashlee Simpson.
you're an interesting charachter...perhaps an alter? i'm serious, you must be Jick or something in disguise.

if i'm wrong here, well then i apologize.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:01 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

alright, now that i've seen the video and heard the booing, i'd recommend that she never showed her stupid face in public ever again.

how many times does she have to embarass herself before she realizes she's the lamest thing in pop music these days?

and what's with that song?! you make me wanna whaa?! have sex? i'm guessing so. gee, thanks ashlee, that's neat, but could you perhaps describe it a little more elogantly next time?

oh right! you don't actually write any of your own stuff now do you? no...that's too bad, tell you what. you promise to stop appearing in public in any capacity, and i'll promise to never wear my old canucks jersey with the white jogging pants that i got in grade 5, alright? great.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:14 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:32 AM
who's Ryan Leaf?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:18 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

a quarterback who was drafted first overall in the nfl, but turned out to be a complete bust.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:28 AM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Thanks. I don't think it's a good metaphor though, considering I doubt she was anyone's overall first draft pick.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

she's my first overall draft pick for being a shitass.

does that count?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:44 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

The Lebron James of lipsyncing

it's a trend these days, methinks
Old 01-09-2005, 11:09 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

you're an interesting charachter...perhaps an alter? i'm serious, you must be Jick or something in disguise.

if i'm wrong here, well then i apologize.
No, no, I am really serious about this. I feel that her performance wasn't really that offensive, and I am assuming that the only acceptable catalyst for booing is something being offensive to you and/or affecting you in such a way that you feel compelled to boo.

I watch the performance and she wasn't even off key. Sure, she wasn't a Grade A performer but it wasn't really that hideous. I believe that it is rude to boo someone on stage and should only be done on a need-to-do basis.

I am a performer myself, and I know that it takes a lot of work and initially guts to perform - and if you're performing in such a massive scale as she was then all the more pressure. I believe that someone who exposes themself trying to entertaing a mass of drunk college kids deserves just a tad more of respect.

Shania Twain clearly lyp-synched in one of those big performances, I believe it was the Super Bowl but I am not sure; she received an ovation. Ahslee Simoson didn't and she was booed for the hell of it. Just because it was fun. Just because a couple of beer holding guys thought it would be funny to humilliate someone. It just doesn't seem right for someone who geniunly tried.

I still believe that people hate Ashlee Simpson because it's cool to hate it and everyon else is doing it, so that makes it OK to hate her.

I was just really dissapointed with that display of today's culture ...or lack thereof.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:22 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

No, no, I am really serious about this. I feel that her performance wasn't really that offensive, and I am assuming that the only acceptable catalyst for booing is something being offensive to you and/or affecting you in such a way that you feel compelled to boo.

I watch the performance and she wasn't even off key. Sure, she wasn't a Grade A performer but it wasn't really that hideous. I believe that it is rude to boo someone on stage and should only be done on a need-to-do basis.

I am a performer myself, and I know that it takes a lot of work and initially guts to perform - and if you're performing in such a massive scale as she was then all the more pressure. I believe that someone who exposes themself trying to entertaing a mass of drunk college kids deserves just a tad more of respect.

Shania Twain clearly lyp-synched in one of those big performances, I believe it was the Super Bowl but I am not sure; she received an ovation. Ahslee Simoson didn't and she was booed for the hell of it. Just because it was fun. Just because a couple of beer holding guys thought it would be funny to humilliate someone. It just doesn't seem right for someone who geniunly tried.

I still believe that people hate Ashlee Simpson because it's cool to hate it and everyon else is doing it, so that makes it OK to hate her.

I was just really dissapointed with that display of today's culture ...or lack thereof.

No, Ashlee Simpson was booed off the stage because she is a terrible musician with a below average voice who MTV and clearchanell is forcing down the throat of American. She is also the person that was caught lip synching on national television and then told terrible lies to cover it up.

She was then hired (read forced down America's throat) to play the half time show of the biggest college football game of the year. While she didn't lip synch her performance confirmed what everyone has been thinking - this girl has no talent. People are fed up.

She got booed. Personally I would not have booed. Others did, perhaps I won't have to see her anymore on the tele.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:32 PM
*still defending the fans*

I don't know many drunk college kids who can afford to go to the Orange Bowl.

Seriously, I think your perception of what kind of people attended the Orange Bowl is way off. I know people who were there. Calling them a mass of drunk college kids is inaccurate and disrespectful.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Well I dunno about you guys... but I'm not a halfbad singer and have loads of bad highschoolish poetry just begging to be heard by the unwitting masses....

Oh wait. I don't have a famous sister or a horribly creepy ex-minister father willing to whore me out in the name of the holy DOLLAR!

Oh well.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I like to think the booing is a sign that the American public is finally getting sick of prefabricated pop (which is exactly what Ashlee is - her music and her career is as manufactured as that of Brittney Spears) being passed off as "real" and "authentic."
Old 01-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
I like to think the booing is a sign that the American public is finally getting sick of prefabricated pop (which is exactly what Ashlee is - her music and her career is as manufactured as that of Brittney Spears) being passed off as "real" and "authentic."
It's not as if the general American public *ever* liked her. Ashlee Simpson is clearly being targeted to a 11-18 demographic, primarily. The idea, of course, is that little teenage brats will like her and nag their parents to buy her CDs, merchandise, and concert tickets.

It's a demographic that is regularly targeted. Where do you think Britney Spears came from? Now that the 11-18 crowd is losing interest in her, she is trying *very hard* to appeal to a slightly older demographic. Whether Ashlee or Britney survives in the long term is anyone's guess.

Melon