Req: George Harrison Tribute feat. Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADecentMelody

War Child
Does anybody have a video of the While My Guitar Gently Weeps all-star performance with Prince on the guiar solo towards the end? :drool:

It was an all-star tribute to George Harrison after his passing. A YSI link maybe?

Thanks in advance!

I have been looking for this too. It wasn't a tribute just to George, it was at R&R HOF induction last year or the year before, when George was being inducted. Normally he would be play, but he was already gone, so they made it a tribute instead. It aired on VH1. It was Tom Petty, Jeff what'shisname(that is in a sideband of sorts with Petty), George's son, and Prince...maybe there was someone else, I don't remember. Great performance.

I'd love to hear it again.

namkcuR said:
I have been looking for this too. It wasn't a tribute just to George, it was at R&R HOF induction last year or the year before, when George was being inducted. Normally he would be play, but he was already gone, so they made it a tribute instead. It aired on VH1. It was Tom Petty, Jeff what'shisname(that is in a sideband of sorts with Petty), George's son, and Prince...maybe there was someone else, I don't remember. Great performance.

I'd love to hear it again.

:lol: Jeff what's his name would be Jeff Lynne (leader of ELO), and that sideband of sorts was the Traveling Wilburys w/ Harrison, Dylan, Petty, Lynne, and Orbison.

They could be my side band any day! :wink:

And that Prince solo was incredible indeed...

That's right - it is the Induction show. It's starting to come back to me now. I only caught the tail end of that song and didn't even realize right away it was Prince. I just remember being mesmerized by the solo. When they panned in and I recognized it was Prince, I was blown away.

Last night I was watching the Concert for George tribute and Clapton was on guitar for While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I gotta say, Prince kicked his arse on that solo.

It'd be great if someone had a clip of this performance.

prince was on absolute fire that night. it was like, y'all may be paying tribute to George Harrison, but tonight is MY night. and he blew all those motherfuckers off the stage. they couldn't believe what they were seeing. Harrison's son was loving it. prince threw his guitar in the air and walked off at the end.

best. hall of fame. ever.

Found it! There's a clip in tompetty.com. Click on News and do a search on 5/6/4 - you'll be taken to the clip. Just jaw-dropping how Prince upstaged Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Now...can anybody rip the video? That would be nice.

Great performance :up:

Its amazing how much Dhani looks like his father.

Back
Top Bottom