reptiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonoscoolness78

The Fly
I noticed that everyone here only likes dogs and/or cats
are than any non-wusses here who like real animals like gators and snakes and spiders?

s_spider.jpg

dSpiderWithSpider.gif

*picture removed by Sicy

Dear Bonoscoolness78,

I notice your first few posts here are pretty rude. I know who you are and if it continues, you know what happens.

The last picture there is inappropriate.

Thanks.

Sicy said:
Dear Bonoscoolness78,

I notice your first few posts here are pretty rude. I know who you are and if it continues, you know what happens.

The last picture there is inappropriate.

Thanks.

your welcome! :hug:

Spiders aren't reptiles, and the very implacation of that makes Bonospider irate. :tsk:

bonospiderbackfromdadeaby4.jpg

See how disappointed he looks? :(

:| damm i was hoping this would be a serious reptile thread, as i am the owner of a few quirky pets. if anyone does want to discuss reptiles or amphibians ......

:shrug:

let me know !

What's a tortoise?

I had one of those once. It was pretty cool. It hibernated every winter. You could see the back of his shell sticking out of a small hole it dug :)

I don't know about that, but he used to bang his head into the fence over and over. :lol:

Poor tortoise, wanted to walk down the street again.

mysterious_jen said:
:| damm i was hoping this would be a serious reptile thread, as i am the owner of a few quirky pets. if anyone does want to discuss reptiles or amphibians ......

let me know !

Me too. I don't own any at the moment (and probably won't for a long time since my husband isn't crazy about them), but I love reptiles, amphibians, and especially arachnids. :love:

What types of animals do you have?

i had a eastern long necked turtle for a while called elvis but he sadly passed away last year .

but i still have a shingle back lizard called molly , who is such a cuddle baby

some frogs we raised from tadpoles who eat live crickets (so i have to look after the crickets too !)
2 axolotils and some assorted fish including one very large angel fish.

i have these as i have severe allergies to furry animals so cats dogs and the like are out in a big way.

contemplating a snake but they are rather expensive and can be fussy.
i would put up photos but my camera died :scream:

Cats are my favourite animal, but I like the lot of them. Always wanted a pet snake.

i had a eastern long necked turtle for a while called elvis but he sadly passed away last year .

When I was younger, the family had four eastern long necks named after Italian renaissance painters, or teenage mutant ninjas if you will. They were awesome - I miss them. :(

mysterious_jen said:

let me know !

Turn it into one. :D

My family used to have a couple turtles, but we donated them to a zoo when we moved. We felt bad, but I'm pretty sure they were better off. The habitat was very nice. :)

And...while not a reptile (hey, spiders aren't either), I've had a newt named Oscar for over 8 years. He lives back at my parents' house. I wish he was with me, but I'd rather not stress him out with a big move when my dad doesn't mind taking care of him anyway. Besides, it gives me another reason to be excited when I go home for visits. :)

OscarCheckingMeOut.jpg

OscarLog.jpg

Oscar-1.jpg

100_0530.jpg

Oscar.jpg

Okay, the title of this thread is REPTILES and the 1st pics are of big disgusting, incredibly frightening SPIDERS!!!! Why on earth would you do that? Thanks to you I now have the feeling of spiders crawling all over me. GEEZ!!!! Is that your idea of a cruel joke?! :madwife:

I used to own an iguana. We had to get rid of him. We gave him to this guy who goes into schools with animals for nature demo thingys. I have a pic of Bob (our iguana) in our pantry somewhere. Will try to find it.

:cute: Oscar looks really cute!

As a kid I always wanted a reptile, loved snakes and lizzards and such :lol: but my mom forbid it!

then in highschool there was a snake at the biology hallway, and I got to be one of the people taking care of it :love: according to wikipedia the english name is Common Garter Snake...
I even caught little fish for it to eat... we bred guppy's for it to eat, then put the guppy's in his waterdish(big thing) so he could catch them himself.... call me a sadist, but I loved watching the hunt! it was like real life discovery channel!
sadly it escaped a while later when it was with someone for the summer holidays...

then me and my friend who also took care of it asked if we'd get another pet reptile, then the teachers decided we were allowed to choose one and get it, we got a Bearded Dragon.. named him Dracoon, after the greek word(yea, had greek at the time, and was that much of a nerd! :wink: )

during the christmas holiday, I took him home with me to care for, in a smaller cage... and omg, my mom and sister LOVED him! :lol: it was such a change, cause they both are shit scared of anything not fuzzy(ok fuzzy spiders too )
Sadly he got a tumor in his mouth and died after a year.. :(

:yikes: the only thing I did NOT like was the part where I had to put the crickets in his cage....
and yes. they escaped in my room... 20 of them :scream: I HATE CRICKETS!

Found this on Wikipedia!
feedingabeardeddragonzo6.jpg

Last edited:
I had several growing up. Iguanas, monitors, turtles. They're fun little pets :yes:

Speaking of crickets, I once had a box full of them overturn while I was out. At least 20 of the little suckers got loose in my house and drove me crazy for weeks :|

:lol:

:wink: My dad found a few in his neck while he was on the phone... joy, pure joy...

:scream: I hate them!

:lol: I'm not scared of any animals... just crickets... it's really odd..

but yea, I will get another reptile some day, just want a veggie one!

Galeongirl said:
:cute: Oscar looks really cute!

Thanks! :D

:yikes: the only thing I did NOT like was the part where I had to put the crickets in his cage....
and yes. they escaped in my room... 20 of them :scream: I HATE CRICKETS!

I fell in love with this toad, I wanted him so badly...until I found out I'd have to feed him crickets. :uhoh: :yikes: No, thanks!!!!

Crickets would always escape when I was feeding my tarantula. I would hear them mocking me with their chirping all night. :angry:

I had pet newts when I was five. It wasn't long before I introduced a frog into the aquarium.

It wasn't long before there was just a frog. :(

SmoothNewt.jpg

RIP

I absolutely loathe spiders, but love frogs and lizards, :cute: I spent my childhood catching frogs in the rivers and lakes; never owned any except for one brief time when my siblings and I were little and my Dad brought us a couple of frogs he caught in the forest. They lived with us for two weeks before we returned them to their habitat, and I nearly squashed one when it decided to have a nap inside one of my boots.

Bonochick said:

Turn it into one. :D

My family used to have a couple turtles, but we donated them to a zoo when we moved. We felt bad, but I'm pretty sure they were better off. The habitat was very nice. :)

And...while not a reptile (hey, spiders aren't either), I've had a newt named Oscar for over 8 years. He lives back at my parents' house. I wish he was with me, but I'd rather not stress him out with a big move when my dad doesn't mind taking care of him anyway. Besides, it gives me another reason to be excited when I go home for visits. :)

OscarCheckingMeOut.jpg

OscarLog.jpg

Oscar-1.jpg

100_0530.jpg

Oscar.jpg

Bono chick oscar is AWESOME :up:

Hi GG i love the pics of the Bearded dragons up there, when they reat they are the FASTEST things i have ever seen ! they may be the next addition to the family instead of the snake, but i need a little more time in the week to care for them, the stumpy doesnt need much tlc she is content with a once per week feed, the beardies take a bit more care.

Back
Top Bottom