Remove the filler, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

no disk

Acrobat
'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac' should have been combined into one album, no?

I mean, isn't 'Amnesiac' nothing more than than the leftovers from 'Kid A,' the overshadowed second sibling, 'Kid B?'

Instead, how could Radiohead have arranged one almighty juggernaut of ___________ (whatever music it is they create)?

Originally posted by no disk:
'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac' should have been combined into one album, no?

I mean, isn't 'Amnesiac' nothing more than than the leftovers from 'Kid A,' the overshadowed second sibling, 'Kid B?'

Instead, how could Radiohead have arranged one almighty juggernaut of ___________ (whatever music it is they create)?

What difference does it make? I'm sure those who want one big album can compile their own tape or something.

------------------
"I may go crazy
before that mansion on the hill
but my heart keeps beating faster
and my feet can't keep still..."

I think that Amnesiac is a continuation of Kid A in much the same way that Zooropa could be considered a continuation of Achtung Baby. They are companion albums that explore similar themes. Amnesiac has gotten a bad rap but there are some excellent songs on that album. Pyramid Song, Like Spinning Plates, Dollars and Cents, and I Might Be Wrong come to mind. Morning Bell/Amnesiac adds a sense of coninuity and the feeling that you have come full-circle. These songs are too good to be considered leftovers.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

I think that Amnesiac is a continuation of Kid A in much the same way that Zooropa could be considered a continuation of Achtung Baby. They are companion albums that explore similar themes. Amnesiac has gotten a bad rap but there are some excellent songs on that album. Pyramid Song, Like Spinning Plates, Dollars and Cents, and I Might Be Wrong come to mind. Morning Bell/Amnesiac adds a sense of coninuity and the feeling that you have come full-circle. These songs are too good to be considered leftovers.

Life In A Glasshouse, too. That one deserves more credit. And frankly, it's about as un-Kid A as you can get.

I think that Amnesiac is a continuation of Kid A in much the same way that Zooropa could be considered a continuation of Achtung Baby.

well, yes. i agree with this to an extent. my only problem is that i think 'Achtung Baby' is a more unified piece of work than 'Kid A.' that's why the more i listen to the second half of 'Kid A' the more i think they should have incorperated the best songs from 'Amnesiac' to create one great album.

and personally, 'Zooropa' is way different from 'AB,' whereas 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac' are much more similar. there is no big creative jump between the two albums, unlike the experimental leap U2 made with 'Zooropa.'

I think Radiohead made the same mistake Guns N'Roses did with the 'Use Your Illusion' albums. no offense intended.
wink.gif

Amnesiac has gotten a bad rap but there are some excellent songs on that album. Pyramid Song, Like Spinning Plates, Dollars and Cents, and I Might Be Wrong come to mind...These songs are too good to be considered leftovers.

agreed, totally! 'Amnesiac' has some great moments, especially with the songs you mention, and they should not be considered leftovers, per se. my bad. they are great songs. but instead of being on an separate album, i feel radiohead would have been more effective had they combined both albums to create one uber cd of big band experimentation.

i just wonder how big Radiohead fans would go about doing this? my guess is that most of them wouldn't want to though. which is understandable, but frustrating.

Well, I have Kid A and Amnesiac in my mp3 player and I often listen to them back to back, They really do sound good together.

But I think we might have to disagree on the Achtung Baby/Zooropa thing because I do see alot of similarities between the two albums. That's ok, everybody's different.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Well, I have Kid A and Amnesiac in my mp3 player and I often listen to them back to back, They really do sound good together.

Can you edit the two into one though???

If you think it's unnecessary, no problemo. I'm just wondering.

my friend created his own disc alternating one track kid a, one track amnesiac and he said it is great that way. i have yet to do this but after listening to both mixed like that i think you would get the feeling that both are great albums and sound incredible.

Originally posted by no disk:
Can you edit the two into one though???

I could but I haven't done that on my ipod yet. I would have to create the tracklist first and then upload it.

However, my forum friend and tracklist creator extraordinaire, Michael Griffiths, had given me a tracklist that combines both Kid A and Amnesiac and I had burned it onto a CD. I called it, "MG's Perfect Radiohead Compilation" and it went something like this:

(1) Everything in it's Right Place
(2) Morning Bell
(3) Pyramid Song
(4) The National Anthem
(5) How to Disapear Completely
(6) Knives Out
(7) Kid A
(8) Pact Like Sardines
(9) Optimistic
(10) Like Spinning Plates
(11) Idioteque
(12) Life in a Glass House
(13) Motion Picture Soundtrack
(14) Morning Bell/Amnesiac

This CD is really excellent but I still feel like something is missing. There are still some good songs that are left out in this scenario and when I listen to both albums back to back it is much longer but it seems more complete. But you might be able to use this tracklist as a template to create your own Kid A/Amnesiac compilation.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Back
Top Bottom