Remembering Kurt Cobain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katey

War Child
On April 5, 2004, it will be 10 years ago that Nirvana's Kurt Cobain took his own life. And this fall, it will be 13 years after he and his little Seattle punk band helped knock pop music on its head..

Rest in peace Kurt..........

I was never touched that much by his work, but i recognize the added artistic value and impact on it. So i present my respect to him and his fans.
peace.

:sad: I was very upset by his death because I personally related to him in so many ways. And so prayed he would surmount his personal demons.

Get out of here MrBrau, really? If you have any articles somewhere on that, I'd love for you to post it. Thanks for the info.

tiny dancer said:
Hard to believe it's been 10 years. :sad:

That's what I was thinking. Has he been gone that long?! Oh, all he might have done in that time :(

This might not be the best place to say this, but I really feel sorry for little Frances Bean. She lost her dad so young in a terrible way, and her mom has, well, problems. I think she's with Kurt's mom for now, maybe she should stay there. She might grow up to be a rock star too. I wish her happiness.

R.I.P. Always known for tragic ending for a band! Did you know Kurt wrote a letter before he died, it layed right where he died! Bono likes Nirvana! A cute man like him, always has great music tastes! Do you like The Foo Fighter? Dave Grohils was the drummer for Nirvana now he is the lead singer for The Foo Fighters!

I remember when he died very vividly and it was so sad cause it was only about 6 months after River Phoenix died...... :(

and I could never of imagined Nirvana opening for U2, but how is this for a bit of trivia, Nirvana only ever toured Australia once and it was just before Nevermind became absolutely huge and they were the support act for the Violent Femmes, they didnt even come here as a headline act!!!!:ohmy:

tiny dancer said:
Hard to believe it's been 10 years. :sad:

Ditto...I was in eighth grade and home for spring break. My brother and I watched the coverage on MTV all day--I was saddened, but he was especially devastated.

Nirvana is my favorite band besides U2. Foo Fighters are also one of my favorites. But I can't believe it's been 10 years. I think I'll go and listen to some In Utero or Nevermind...

Kurt Cobain rocks!

Last edited:
I've been watching some tv about his life and passing today. I could have sworn I passed my limit but now I'm listening to a tribute on the radio. :( I didn't know much of him when he was alive but I can certainly see what is special about him now.

All this reminds me of Bono's conversations with Michael Hutchence. *sigh*

I saw Nirvana in November of 93, 6 months later Cobain was gone. It was shocking news. Strangely the news came down 2 days before the first of 3 straight nights of Pearl Jam concerts here in Boston. The first show the band and Eddie said nothing for most of the night, finally breaking his between song silence after playing "Alive", saying something to the effect that we are all still alive and to be sure to stay that way. The 3rd night at the Orpheum theater Eddie changed some lyrics to reflect the loss of Kurt.
Dateline had a piece Friday night about the Courtney murdered Kurt conspiracy theories, some interesting stuff. Not sure how much I believe, but from the get go had suspicions that he was able to pull the trigger of a shoygun placed under his own chin under the influence of such a large amount of heroin (and of course then wipe his fingerprints off the gun before dying).
Also another strange Seattle coincedence...though they are not 100% sure it is fairly possible that Layne Staley's actual date of passing is also today in 2002. Not to mention Mike McCready turns 39 today.

:| r.i.p.

i wasn't quite 11 yet, my parents were extremly strict about what music i listened to. even if i had known who nirvana was and wanted to listen to them, i wouldn't have been allowed to. maybe this makes me less of a fan since i didn't get to the bulk of my nirvana listening until i was 16, but it still does mean something to me. i've still gone through 3 copies of nevermind, wearing them out and shit.

I remember where I was, too, but I wasn't exactly sure who he was. My friends were very upset, and over the next few months I started listening to Nirvana more. Unplugged in New York will always be one of my favorite CD's.

I've been listening to Nirvana A to Z almost all day on a local radio station.

Remember reading somewhere that Bono wanted to contact Kurt. He recognized that Kurt was troubled, and wanted to talk to him about dealing with fame and stuff.
Sadly, Bono never got the chance. (There was another "big" rock musician, whose name I forget, who also saw the danger signs and wanted to talk to Kurt. )
I was never a big Nirvana fan, but I did like their first album.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
This might not be the best place to say this, but I really feel sorry for little Frances Bean. She lost her dad so young in a terrible way, and her mom has, well, problems. I think she's with Kurt's mom for now, maybe she should stay there. She might grow up to be a rock star too. I wish her happiness.

I agree, I feel bad for her, too. I heard she got taken away from Courtney a few months back, though-she's living with other family members or something, I think. I really hope that Courtney gets over all the crap she's going through soon, too...I read an article about her in a magazine recently, and it's very troubling. Friends are really worried about her. Can't say I blame them.

Anywho...I would've been 9 years old at this time back in '94, but oddly enough, I do not remember hearing anything about it on TV. But it is definitely weird to think that it's been 10 years, I agree. I didn't mind Nirvana's music...they had some good songs. MTV2 showed nothing but Nirvana stuff all day today.

May Kurt continue to rest in peace.

OzAurora said:
I remember when he died very vividly and it was so sad cause it was only about 6 months after River Phoenix died...... :(

and I could never of imagined Nirvana opening for U2, but how is this for a bit of trivia, Nirvana only ever toured Australia once and it was just before Nevermind became absolutely huge and they were the support act for the Violent Femmes, they didnt even come here as a headline act!!!!:ohmy:

I remember they had a few shows booked around the place in very early 92, and my sister got tickets to one of the Hordern shows. "Come with us" she said"..."Meh, next time" I said....Next time....
:banghead:

i was actually hosting a huge party that night.

when a friend showed up in a nirvana tee instead of her usual fashion, i asked her why. she said, omg, you haven't heard...

:heart: kurdt.

Some of you are making me feel very old.

I was living in Seattle at the time of his death (still am) and I went to the memorial they had for him at the Seattle Center.

Back
Top Bottom