Remember the 80's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
*Note*
If you were born after this period, don't bother...it will make no sense to what I am talking about......:lol:

Anyways, remember;

Wearing "designer" jeans and getting your legs all blue from the ink?
Rollerskating?
Not having a cell phone?
...or Internet?
Girls wearing leg warmers?
BIG hair?
Boomboxes?

CHOOSE LIFE!

Let's not forget slap on bracelets and jelly shoes. Oh and the more flourescent the better!

:lol:

I remember also looking at Boy George for the first time and saying.......that's a odd looking girl, pretty but odd :laugh:

4c663550614a796738514937494f534851-100x100.jpg
with the color complimenting leg warmers :drool:

I was ALWAYS rollerskating on Saturdays from 4 PM to 7 PM......remember "Only couples" time? ...and going backwards?! hahahaha

Stone and acid wash jeans! Tapered of course, with slouchy socks. Oh and don't forget the pleats.

couples skate :drool: :lol:

I remember when my junior year started, I had a big crisis because I couldn't find an off the shoulder Flashdance sweatshirt that I liked :reject:

Bono's American Wife said:
couples skate :drool: :lol:

I remember when my junior year started, I had a big crisis because I couldn't find an off the shoulder Flashdance sweatshirt that I liked :reject:

When I was in 12th grade I got sent home for wearing one! :ohmy:

I also remember seeing the WAR album (Record) at the Music Plus store and someone saying; "This band rocks!...it's like Duran Duran and Simple Minds together!" :rolleyes:

I had pinups of John Stamos, Patrick Swayze and Kirk Cameron in my room, ripped right out of the pages of 16.

I idolized Olivia Newton-John. I wore purple legwarmers with hearts on them, lol.

I loved Jem and the Holograms. My best friend and I played with our Jem dolls while we had the radio on in the background on her parent's porch. We listened to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and George Michael songs a lot that summer. :lol:

Ah, the good old days.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Oh, Live Aid - we had just gotten cable so I watched that on and off all day. I was six or seven and vaguely remember seeing U2. I remember being excited about Madonna more. :lol:

Flash forward 2 years, seeing the WOWY video, Larry, and I was done. :wink:

My mom made fun of Bono's boots all through their Live Aid set :angry:

I think I had a teenage hissy- fit and went into my room and slammed the door! :lol:

Live Aid? Hell yeah.

U2 and Queen...........best ever. I ran so fast home from school to see this.

I also remember staying up late to see the premiere of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video at midnight. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom