Remember the 80's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonosLil'Pal94 said:

aww, why thank you! :hug: i try to listen more to the older music, while i still like some new music.

You are very welcome :hug: Some of the older music still rates high up there as some of my favorite music even today :).

I loved roller skating parties :love:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but the slip and slide was a lot of fun!

Blue Room said:
To add to the cassette thing. I had to buy three cassette copies of Under A Blood Red Sky because I played it so much it would wear out. Same thing with Van Halen 1984, I played those two tapes all the time.

Anybody remember Night Flight on the USA Network? I saw the "A Celebration" video for the first time on that when they did a U2 segment.

The birth of MTV. First video I saw on there was Eddie Money, "Shakin". Dont know why I remember that. :shrug: :laugh:

:ohmy: I completely forgot about NightFlight. I remember when I 1st discovered it when I was up late one night. I couldn't believe my eyes. After that I always stayed up to watch it. But it was on sooo late! Thanks for the memory! :lol:
Funny thread :happy:

and the birth of MTV. I remember seeing Prince. I was like :ohmy: wow! I don't remember which video it was, but he was very young, this was before he had any poplular songs or videos.

Last edited:
Being born in very late 85 I don't remember anything really from that time.

I'm sad that I can't remember how the wall came down and how the reunification was, vividly.

But I love the music of that time. The best time in music really was from the 90's to the late 80's or early 90's.

mandy1973 said:

:drool: :drool: :heart: :heart:

The Breakfast Club is STILL my all time fav movie - my hubby and I were only talking about it the other night, how everyone we know fits one of the characters
I'm the princess (but I would have wanted to be the basket case!!)
He's the jock!!!

I saw it again month ago and i was amazed(again). It is still my all time fav. also. I guess i would be basket case :wink: ...still

Ahhh yeah, this is my first Video game system.

intellivision.jpg

DeadMansParty said:
Ahhh yeah, this is my first Video game system.

intellivision.jpg

OMG!

I was the master of Star Strike!

Triple Action .... the biplanes... how awesome was playing that!

Microsurgeon :giggle:

What is REALLY fascinating to me about the 80...i am watching 80s on VH1 every day and when i see those videos they are SO ROMANTIC, women are so beautiful but not in a vulgar way at all(like todays "stars").For example, girls form Bananarama...so good looking, but not naked at all!Still very sexy in my opinion!Or beautiful Kim Wilde, or cute Nena, or extraordinary beauty Sade, and all those girls in the videos. They are sometimes mysterious, they dance beautifully, and there is thaT atmosphere. I really think that we(children of the 80s) have great idols to look up.

BonosBaby12 said:

The night light came in handy after watching that movie! lol. However the jump rope song was rather catchy :wink:

1,2, freddy's coming for you
3,4 you better lock your door
5,6 grab your crucifix
7,8, stay up late
9, 10, never sleep again

Thanks, Bonosbabe!....I will have nightmares tonight..........I still cannot watch creepy movies because of Freddy.....Gremlins scared the shit out of me too.....
gremlin1.jpg

hate them things...*shudders*

Did anybody else have a Colecovision video game system? I loved the ladybug game!

girlhappy said:
What is REALLY fascinating to me about the 80...i am watching 80s on VH1 every day and when i see those videos they are SO ROMANTIC, women are so beautiful but not in a vulgar way at all(like todays "stars").For example, girls form Bananarama...so good looking, but not naked at all!Still very sexy in my opinion!Or beautiful Kim Wilde, or cute Nena, or extraordinary beauty Sade, and all those girls in the videos. They are sometimes mysterious, they dance beautifully, and there is thaT atmosphere. I really think that we(children of the 80s) have great idols to look up.

Wendy James from Transvision Vamp is right there with 'em.Absolutley beautiful.......I had like a schoolboy crush on her even at 21.2nd best band I ever did see live,ironically the night the Berlin Wall started to come down in November 1989,as mentioned previously by Vincent Vega.

...........don't forget The Bangles,Susannah Hoffs :drool:

I loved being a teenager in the 80's. We had so many great movies and cool music that still holds up today. Although, those Friday the 13th movies scarred me for life. Even now, I can't watch them without getting seriously freaked out.

Oh how funny this thread is - I’ve been giggling the whole way through.

Thought I'd add to the road of 'memories' with

21 Jump Street - Life would not be worth living if i missed an episode...Johnny Depp was the talk of the class the next day

Countdown - this was a sunday night institute in Oz

Dead Poets Society - still one of my all time fave films

Stand By Me - another fave film

Last edited:
Regina Filangie said:
I loved being a teenager in the 80's. We had so many great movies and cool music that still holds up today. Although, those Friday the 13th movies scarred me for life. Even now, I can't watch them without getting seriously freaked out.

Ditto:yikes: I wish I had listen to my parents when they told me not to watch....

BTW, I know where you got that name from:giggle:

gmc said:

Wendy James from Transvision Vamp is right there with 'em.Absolutley beautiful.......I had like a schoolboy crush on her even at 21.2nd best band I ever did see live,ironically the night the Berlin Wall started to come down in November 1989,as mentioned previously by Vincent Vega.

...........don't forget The Bangles,Susannah Hoffs :drool:

I dont want your money, honey, I WANT YOUR LOVE...I"ve heard that song today, and i noticed (once again) the line: I love your desperation! I always liked that line so much! It is so crucial. I always wanted that someone says that to me. This line is so great

The movies: Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire!

Blondie, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Wham!, Bangles, The Police, Culture Club.

(I'm not a child of the 80s but I love that decade for the sheer decadence!)

Back
Top Bottom