Remedies for a cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have a good sense of taste or smell anyways so Zicam shouldn't be a problem for me. But I haven't tried it yet.

I've been using Nyquil off and on for the past month due to a bad cough. I also have to use a bit of IcyHot cause of the pain on my right side due to the coughing (I take it to ease the pain when I go to bed cause I like to sleep on my sides and stomach).

Vapor rub makes me feel better and a humidifer.

Hope you feel better Sami.

Another one here for Airborne. A few months ago I felt I was coming down with a cold, and immediately started taking Airborne. That was on a Thursday, and by Monday I was feeling like my old self.

This is what I do: I go to the grocery store and buy some ginger root. I then peel the root and cut it into very thin slices. I then put it into a cup of hot water let it sit for a couple of minutes and voila! You have some ginger tea.

I learned this in Asia and I swear by it. It makes me feel a whole lot better.

Get a humidifier and put some Vaposteam in it. It works great for congestion and coughing. If you can't get a humidifier, those Pediacare Gentle Vapor plugins are good, too. I put those in my daughter's room because I'm afraid of them burning themselves on the vaporizer and the cool mist ones gather bacteria (so says the doc).

I have been using a humidifier every night, and I feel so much better today, finally! :bow: Thanks for all the advice everyone. :) I actually took the new alka seltzer gelcaps and they worked really well for me.

I've been battling a bronchial infection like everyone else in my ofice for the past couple weeks. I've tried a combination of the following:

Zicam
Airborne
Dayquil/Nightquil
Ricola drops
lots of liquids
tea with lemon & honey
Thera-Flu

and one product I found that's real soothing is the packets they're coming out with now of drink mixes you mix in a bottle of water...kool aid has some, lemonade, ice tea, crystal light...well Propel came out with a few flavors and their Propel Lemonade in a big mug of hot water is really good! It's got some Gatorade properties in it for re-hydration)

Also the Vicks and humidifier :up:

Mix the following in a blender and you'll have the cure for the common cold:

fried chicken
cough drops
eggs
sardines
hot sauce
marshmallows
mustard
pickle juice
orange soda

:wink:

Brownie points for whoever knows what show this came from...

Back
Top Bottom