REM.......worth seeing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
REM is coming into Cleveland on September 27th, and I'm debating on rather to go or not. REM is one of the best rock groups of our time, and it might be awhile before they go on tour again, if they ever do again. I am a casual fan, knowing mainly the radio hits. I have Automatic for the People and UP, and I love both. But other than that I only know the radio songs. Would it be worth my while to spend money to go this concert, since I'm only a casual fan? Any help would be appreciated.

You should go. They are playing alot of the hits this time around in order to promote their new best of album so I think there will still be alot of songs you are familiar with.

I was also just a casual fan. I only have one album, Document, but I like that one very much. Then I went to see them in concert in June. Now I don't look back.

So if you have a chance to see them, take that chance!

C ya!

Marty

I really, really want to see them at Blossom, but I need to be saving some $$$ :|

I am a HUGE REM fan. LOVE them right up there with U2. I would suggest buying a couple of their discs used or something before the show. They are all SO good. I would recommend seeing them just because they are REM, but I have seen them a couple and not been really impressed. they sounded good, but I don't know, just not that exciting. But I still think it's one you would regret not going to in the long run.

Go. Definitely. I just saw them with Wilco in Seattle, and it was superb. Michael Stipe dances like a crazy man on stage.

Hrmm.....after hearing all your thoughts, I have decided that I should go. I actually live about 3 hours from this venue. Maybe my girlfriend and I can go up to the Rock'n'Roll hall of fame in the day and see the U2 exhibit, and then go to the REM concert that night. It'd be better if REM were playing at Gund Arena, which is in walking distance from the RnRHOF. Oh well.

I am going to try to make it happen now. Thank you all for the encouragement.

i am going next week. They're playing the Hollyweird Bowl.

I saw them in 95 and I wasn't impressed but that was the bad summer where Mike Mills had the aneurysm and Stipey had the stomach surgery.

I am a huge fan of REM, I've been into them since my junior year in High School.

I'm sure you will have a great time.

If you don't have a CD, go out and buy Automatic for the People. Not only REM's best, one of musics best.

have fun!

i will prolly have a review end of next week. Pray they do nightswimming!

p.s. a website that is very similar to this one for r.e.m fans is called. www. murmurs.com

Back
Top Bottom