REM Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
R.E.M. Sets First North American Tour In Four Years

R.E.M. has confirmed a 26-date fall North American tour, its first such undertaking since 1999. The trek begins Sept. 1 at Seattle's annual Bumbershoot festival and will wrap Oct. 11 in Atlanta, about 70 miles west of the group's Athens, Ga., homebase. The tour will play a mix of arenas and outdoor amphitheaters, including an Oct. 3-4 stand at New Jersey's Liberty State Park in the shadow of the Statue of Liberty.

Tickets for some shows begin going on-sale as soon as April 12. A number of support acts are set for various portions of the tour, including Wilco, Ed Harcourt, and Sparklehorse, with others to be announced. Visit the band's official Web site for more information and special pre-sale ticket opportunities.

As previously reported, R.E.M. will kick off a European tour June 27 at the U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival. The group is working on its next Warner Bros. studio album, due early next year. A new anti-war song, "The Last Straw," was posted on the band's Web site earlier this week. The fall tour is expected to coincide with the release of a career retrospective, featuring a handful of brand new songs.

Here are R.E.M.'s tour dates:

Sept. 1: Seattle (Bumbershoot Festival)
Sept. 3: Portland, Ore. (New Amphitheater, w/ Wilco)
Sept. 6: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre, w/ Wilco)
Sept. 7: San Diego (Street Scene)
Sept. 10: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl, w/ Wilco)
Sept. 11: Las Vegas (Thomas and Mack Center, w/ Wilco)
Sept. 13-14: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks, w/ Wilco)
Sept. 16: Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center, w/ Ed Harcourt)
Sept. 17: Kansas City, Mo. (Starlight Theatre, w/ Ed Harcourt)
Sept. 19: Dallas (NextStage, w/ Ed Harcourt)
Sept. 20: Houston (Mitchell Pavilion, w/ Ed Harcourt)
Sept. 21: Austin, Texas (Austin City Limits)
Sept. 23: New Orleans (Lakefront Arena, w/ Sparklehorse)
Sept. 24: Birmingham, Ala. (Oak Mountain Amphitheater, w/ Sparklehorse)
Sept. 26: Chicago (United Center, w/ Sparklehorse)
Sept. 27: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Blossom Music Center, w/ Sparklehorse)
Sept. 28: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills, w/ Sparklehorse)
Sept. 30: Toronto (Air Canada Centre, w/ Sparklehorse)
Oct. 1: Philadelphia (Mann Center)
Oct. 3-4: Jersey City, N.J. (Liberty State Park)
Oct. 5: Boston (Tweeter Center)
Oct. 8: Washington, D.C. (MCI Center)
Oct. 9: Chapel Hill, N.C. (Dean Smith Center)
Oct. 11: Atlanta (Phillips Arena)

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

HelloAngel said:

Sept. 27: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Blossom Music Center, w/ Sparklehorse)

:ohmy: you mean that cuyahoga is actually a place??

First of all, WOOOOO FOR REM TOUR!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

As for the Chicago gathering. So if I actually get into school at Chicago, then, yes, I will be there. If not. Yeah. I don't know. We'll see.

Wilco opening???

:drool:

I gotta make that Chicago show, too bad no Wilco for that one, still if I dont catch REM this time around Im gonna beat my head against the wall

Re: gina, flower, tiff and wife.....i think you hear me knocking

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Sept. 26th - A Friday :hyper:

Ladies, I sense the beginnings of another Interference gathering. :hmm: Any takers? :D

:wave: meeee!

I'm gonna go to either the Chicago or Cuyahoga/Cleveland one, depending on when my sis can go :hyper:

I got my pre-sale Fan Club postcard mounted in a silver frame on my desk :wink: Some people threw theirs away and lost their fan club identification # for the pre-sale! I've never seen R.E.M. live despite the fact that I've loved them almost as long as U2. I can't wait :drool:

Re: Re: gina, flower, tiff and wife.....i think you hear me knocking

HeartlandSoul said:

:wave: meeee!

I'm gonna go to either the Chicago or Cuyahoga/Cleveland one, depending on when my sis can go :hyper:

I got my pre-sale Fan Club postcard mounted in a silver frame on my desk :wink: Some people threw theirs away and lost their fan club identification # for the pre-sale! I've never seen R.E.M. live despite the fact that I've loved them almost as long as U2. I can't wait :drool:

Cool!!! :up:

I'm gonna be in New York when that show goes on sale. :mad: So, hopefully if this pans out someone will buy my ticket.

I bet tix will be in the 60-80 dollar range if I had to guess, i gotta go though and chi-town is closest, is the party for females only or can jimmy and I come along......

:wink:

At Murmurs.com they were talking about buying more tickets than they needed and swapping them with each other.

I'm trying to figure out the price range so I know if my bro. will go with me. He has a price limit ;)

Back
Top Bottom