REM Shows.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just went to the REM show at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland on Saturday. This was just an amazing show. I haven't been this impressed with a concert in a long time. I didn't know all the songs they played, but that didn't matter, they were all played so well. I went into that show an admirer, and I left the show a fan. Great show. I definately recommend that if they are coming to your town in the next couple of weeks, or on future tours, definately go see them. They're great. Here's where they'll be.

Oct 1- Philadelphia
Oct 3- Wantagh, NY
Oct 4- New York City
Oct 5- Boston
Oct 8- Washington D.C.
Oct 10- Raleigh
Oct 11- Atlanta

Tour is nearly over. Go see them if you can!

Until they played here in June (and I saw them in a small club! :hyper: - sorry to brag about it again, but :dance: ) they hadn't been to the Netherlands since the Green tour (May/June 1989).

I am happy now!

Dude, I was there too! It kicked ass!! Here is the setlist:

1. Begin the Begin
2. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
3. Pop Song '89
4. Drive
5. Animal
6. Cuyahoga
7. Fall on Me
8. Bad Day
9. The One I Love
10. Strange Currencies
11. Beat a Drum
12. Orange Crush
13. Losing My Religion
14. Find the River
15. She Just Wants to Be
16. Walk Unafraid
17. Man on the Moon

Encore
1. Everybody Hurts
2. Nightswimming
3. Final Straw
4. Imitation of Life
5. It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

It's hard for me to say what song I enjoyed most. . .PopSong 89, Orange Cursh, Imitation of Life were some of my faves. I'd been a huge REM fan for 10 years, and I was so psyched to finally see them live. Michael was cracking me up with his wild dancing. It was all I had hoped it to be! I am attempting to attach my illegal concert photo :tongue:

3387%3B62723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2323%3D53%3C%3D977%3D323253%3C886685nu0mrj

It was chilly out there but we stayed warm. Yes I agree, if you haven't seen REM play you should!

As we were walking back to our car, a really drunk guy came up to us and said "That was just a dream. That's me in the corner." Ha.

i went in detroit. AWESOME. best concert i've ever attended. even if you have to drive a few hours to see them, do it.

i went a casual fan, i left wanting to hear ever song they've ever played.

:heart:

Just picked up awesome tickets for tonight's show. I'm hoping for a good time!

Awesome night in Toronto!

They played Sweetness Follows for the first time on this tour (EEEEE!), and generally played a lot of stuff from Automatic...Drive, Everybody hurts, SF, Nightswimming, Find the River.

Great show.

In case anybody's interested, I just heard REM will play live on the Today show this friday! :wave:

anitram said:
Awesome night in Toronto!

They played Sweetness Follows for the first time on this tour (EEEEE!), and generally played a lot of stuff from Automatic...Drive, Everybody hurts, SF, Nightswimming, Find the River.

Great show.

ok, i have to admit that i'm a little more than quite jealous of you...not only do i technically live close enough to go to TO (6 hours..) but sweetness follows is one of my 2 favorite songs by them...that and i've been in love with automatic for years now...

oh well...guess i'll just have to see them again!

HeartandSoul.......that's so awesome you were there too! My girlfriend and I went to the show mainly to take a chance on REM. I knew all the radio hits, and I have thoroughly listened to Automatic for the People and Up. Other than that, I really didn't know that much of their material. But we thought "man, REM is just one of those bands we should probably see before it's too late." But what I got was one of the best concert experiences of my life. I enjoyed singing along with the ones I knew, but I actually enjoyed the songs I didn't know even more. I had never heard Begin the Begin, Pop song 89, Strange currencies, Beat a drum, She just wants to be or Animal before this concert. The jam session at the end of SJWTB was killer! I really loved Strange currencies and Beat a drum back to back.......really two great songs. I am now in the process of buying all the albums.

I am so glad that I have found another band to discover in depth. I was starting to get burnt out on U2. Definately need a break, so I welcome this new fascination with REM with open arms. "Bad Day" is a great new single, by the way. I hear REM is releasing a new album next year, and that they'll be touring again. God, I hope so....I can't wait the usual 4 years between their tours. Just a great band thru and thru.

Welcome to the club, Acrobat :)

Yeah, I also get burned out on U2 from time to time - I love 'em so freaking much. REM is my #2. I tend to listen to REM more when I'm feeling angst of some sort. It's great for that!

I still don't have all of the REM albums but some of my favorites are Document, Green, Monster, Lifes Rich Pageant, and Reveal. But hey, they're all good :wink: You must get them! must!

The night of the concert I was reminiscing on the day I became a fan. It was in high school, the year was 1992 I think and I was in the cafeteria at a speech meet. (My speeches totally sucked by the way!) But there was a small group of totally cool kids grouped around a table listening to Out of Time. These guys were so unbelievably cool and hip, I decided the most cool people on the planet listen to REM. The rest is history :D

The_acrobat said:
I hear REM is releasing a new album next year, and that they'll be touring again. God, I hope so....I can't wait the usual 4 years between their tours. Just a great band thru and thru.

YES! I was a total idiot and didn't go see them last month when they played a mere two hours from where I live. And the new single is great, but I'm hungry for more new material from them.

Back
Top Bottom