REM Shows. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 10-01-2003, 11:53 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:29 AM
HeartandSoul.......that's so awesome you were there too! My girlfriend and I went to the show mainly to take a chance on REM. I knew all the radio hits, and I have thoroughly listened to Automatic for the People and Up. Other than that, I really didn't know that much of their material. But we thought "man, REM is just one of those bands we should probably see before it's too late." But what I got was one of the best concert experiences of my life. I enjoyed singing along with the ones I knew, but I actually enjoyed the songs I didn't know even more. I had never heard Begin the Begin, Pop song 89, Strange currencies, Beat a drum, She just wants to be or Animal before this concert. The jam session at the end of SJWTB was killer! I really loved Strange currencies and Beat a drum back to back.......really two great songs. I am now in the process of buying all the albums.

I am so glad that I have found another band to discover in depth. I was starting to get burnt out on U2. Definately need a break, so I welcome this new fascination with REM with open arms. "Bad Day" is a great new single, by the way. I hear REM is releasing a new album next year, and that they'll be touring again. God, I hope so....I can't wait the usual 4 years between their tours. Just a great band thru and thru.

Old 10-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #17
The Fly
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Welcome to the club, Acrobat

Yeah, I also get burned out on U2 from time to time - I love 'em so freaking much. REM is my #2. I tend to listen to REM more when I'm feeling angst of some sort. It's great for that!

I still don't have all of the REM albums but some of my favorites are Document, Green, Monster, Lifes Rich Pageant, and Reveal. But hey, they're all good You must get them! must!

The night of the concert I was reminiscing on the day I became a fan. It was in high school, the year was 1992 I think and I was in the cafeteria at a speech meet. (My speeches totally sucked by the way!) But there was a small group of totally cool kids grouped around a table listening to Out of Time. These guys were so unbelievably cool and hip, I decided the most cool people on the planet listen to REM. The rest is history

Old 10-03-2003, 12:24 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Originally posted by The_acrobat
I hear REM is releasing a new album next year, and that they'll be touring again. God, I hope so....I can't wait the usual 4 years between their tours. Just a great band thru and thru.
YES! I was a total idiot and didn't go see them last month when they played a mere two hours from where I live. And the new single is great, but I'm hungry for more new material from them.