REM last night in Dublin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool: REM. Congratulations M4P! I don't care what anyone says of their albums - live they kick arse!!! Stipe and Bono can't really be compared but Stipe is COOL, he doesn't do the Bono "Look at me, please like me" vibe that Bono always has, you can't help but stare at Stipe. * :rockon:

Stipe's stripe is getting wider and wider. When I saw them in April, it was just a wraparound shades kinda look, by the end of the tour it's gonna cover his head. :lol:

*even though I want to have Peter Buck's babies. :drool:

If you're looking for R.E.M. bootlegs, look no further than Murmurs.com's trading section. There are sections there about torrents that are up so you can just peek in and see what's being seeded and you can request seeds if you want. And if you're not a downloader, there are usually people who will do snail mail trades.

And just in case you didn't know, the Dublin show was broadcasted on the radio (and webcasted as well) so you'll have a very decent bootleg once it makes its way into the trading community (right now the Murmurs folks are waiting for the best possible source to surface before it will be seeded).

http://www.murmurs.com/talk/forumdisplay.php?f=67

Well, I know at the concert I attended the Around The Sun tracks were some of the most enjoyable performances of the show. Specifically "The Outsiders" and "Around the Sun" were almost surreal live. I'm not sure if they are still playing those songs in Europe, but whatever ones they choose, they do a great job of translating into a live setting.

Lancemc said:
Well, I know at the concert I attended the Around The Sun tracks were some of the most enjoyable performances of the show. Specifically "The Outsiders" and "Around the Sun" were almost surreal live. I'm not sure if they are still playing those songs in Europe, but whatever ones they choose, they do a great job of translating into a live setting.

Thanks, I've not heard those songs. I've only heard Leaving New Youk and Aftermath from the album. LNY is good, albeit with a certain repeat feel to the song. Aftermath falls a bit flat to me. It seems like it wants to be hypnotic number, but doesn't quite have the proper instrumentation for it.

Oh my god, that setlist ... did they really play Sitting Still?

I saw them in Seattle last fall. It was great. They're not in such close competition with U2 for "Corianderstem's Favorite Band" anymore, but they put on a GREAT show.

I was surprised at how much I liked the Around the Sun songs live (with the exception of one, I think it was High Speed Train). Around the Sun in particular was great; they opened with it.

And they played Life and How to Live It. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I loved the show I saw here last fall. I hadn't seen them since the late 80s/early 90s. Michael Stipe is a national treasure. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom