REM Fan Club christmas kit 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe Up is one of the last CDs I left at my parents' house. The others I either came back for or took somewhere and sold. If it's still there, I'll give it another listen while I'm down there for the holidays.

powerhour24 said:
ATS does have one of my all time favorite R.E.M. songs, "Leaving New York",

I like Leaving New York, but I have to say - I was disappointed when I first heard it. I got all excited for it, was all pumped up for a new REM release, and my reaction was pretty much:

"That's it? THIS is the track they chose for the lead-off single? This is the track that's supposed to get me all excited?"

Plus, it's got the stupidest line ever penned by Michael Stipe "Leaving was never my proud."

That seriously, seriously, seriously sucks. :grumpy:

lazarus said:
Sad Professor
The Apologist
Why Not Smile?
Hope

While it took me quite a few years to figure out and appreciate UP, I have recently discovered how good the song Hope is. One of the many tracks on the album I used to just skip over.

There is so much going on in that song, it has a very Radiohead feel to it, and the lyrics are probably the best on the album.

Amazing I never REALLY listened to it until now.

Danny Boy said:
"You're drifting off to sleep with your teeth in your mouth."

Nope, the Leaving New York line is dumber, because it doesn't even make sense. The line from You Are the Everything is weird, but it at least makes sense.

"leaving was never my proud?" WTF does that even mean? Proud is not a noun, and it's so bad it pulls me right out of the pleasantness of the song.

Thanks again!

I like it

I think Magnetic North could have taken the place of one of the tracks on ATS.

Hearing this is getting me excited for the new album in April

Back
Top Bottom