REM concert photos, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandSoul

The Fly
See my photos here

Setlist was:

Around The Sun
Finest Worksong
Begin the Begin
So Fast, So Numb
Animal
Boy In The Well
Cuyahoga
Aftermath
Welcome to the Occupation
High Speed Train
Bad Day
I Wanted to Be Wrong
The One I Love
She Just Wants To Be
Final Straw
Losing My Religion
Walk Unafraid
Life and How To Live It

ENCORES:
WTFK
LNY
Drive
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man In The Moon

I about crapped myself when they did Welcome to the Occupation - one of my favoritest REM songs ever! All I can say is: :drool:

thanks a lot for posting this! This only made me more excited for the show im going to next Saturday, CANT WAIT. The set looks awsome form the pics you have there. The only compalint i would have if I had been at your show ws that they did not play Country Feedback, that best song ever. Hopefully if I scream the title loud enough when I'm there they will play it ;)

speedracer said:
What happened to ITEOTWAWKI???

who needs that when you have cuyahoga in the set?

WTFK looks a lot like what the fuck kenneth instead of...

hahaha.

6 more days for me...yay yay yay yay.

"buy the sky and sell the sky, and tell the sky and tell the sky
don't FALL ON ME-EE-EE, don't FALL ON ME-EE-EE"

Does anyone have any idea if there are any rumors that REM will be playing a show on election night (nov 2nd) in DC?

They are playing a show the night before in DC at a rather large venue, but the following night there is a cheap show with an unannounced "very special guest" at one of the clubs in DC. A few of us got tickets in hopes that it will be REM, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea?

i still can't beleive you got no Country Feedback...*in my best smeigol impersonation* we wants the precious, we needs it.:mad:

Lancemc said:
i still can't beleive you got no Country Feedback...*in my best smeigol impersonation* we wants the precious, we needs it.:mad:

It's crazy what you could've had
I need this
I need this

:sad:

Well I got my "wtf" Kenneth, that was the song I wanted mostly :D Only because I enjoy dancing to it like a mad person.

I'm trying to remember if they played Country Feedback last year when I saw them in Cleveland. Hmmm I don't remember. . .

Addition to the story re: my photo #18:

We had seats in the 3rd row in front of Mike Mills. Throughout the concert he kept motioning for ppl to come up to the stage but the security kept sending 'em back to their seats.

Finally during the closing song "Man in the Moon" Mike leaned over and told the security guy "It's OK, let them come up!" Then swarms of ppl came rushing up and at the conclusion of the song Mike shook all their hands.

Mike, what a nice guy! :heart:

I always got the feeling form Mike that he was a genuine good guy. I guess this just proves it yet again.

I've just returned from the Atlanta show. I'm still totally buzzed. All I can say is wow! They're still one of the best live bands out there.
We had third row center seats! It was great to see the reaction of the people in the first few rows as they got to their seats. They were all truely excited to be so close. They were all real fans. No trendy types who are only there to be seen.
I've never had so many things thrown at me during a show! The drummer for the opening band (Now It's Overhead, they were really good) threw his drumsticks, which my friend deflected from hitting me in the face. Mills was throwing picks and Michael threw his hat and harmonica to the people behind and infront of us. After the show, the song lyrics were thrown at us by the crew. I now have Mr. Stipe's stage lyrics for Man on the Moon.

I can't remember the entire set list so I stole this from someone else (it may not be in order):

Get Up
Begin the Begin
These Days
Animal
Boy in the Well
Driver 8
High Speed Train
Drive
So Central Rain
Outsiders
I wanted to be wrong
Losing My Religion
Final Straw
Imitation of Life
Walk Unafraid
The One I love
Life and How to Live it

Encore:
NightSwimming ~with cello and oboe. The oboist was so nervous but she did a great job.
What's the Frequency Kenneth
Leaving New York
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man on the Moon

We also saw Bill Berry hanging out on Mills' side of the stage. We were hoping for a brief reunion of sorts, but it was not to be. He remained off to the side all evening, enjoying the GREAT show...

U2dork said:
I've just returned from the Atlanta show. I'm still totally buzzed. All I can say is wow! They're still one of the best live bands out there.
We had third row center seats! It was great to see the reaction of the people in the first few rows as they got to their seats. They were all truely excited to be so close. They were all real fans. No trendy types who are only there to be seen.
I've never had so many things thrown at me during a show! The drummer for the opening band (Now It's Overhead, they were really good) threw his drumsticks, which my friend deflected from hitting me in the face. Mills was throwing picks and Michael threw his hat and harmonica to the people behind and infront of us. After the show, the song lyrics were thrown at us by the crew. I now have Mr. Stipe's stage lyrics for Man on the Moon.

I can't remember the entire set list so I stole this from someone else (it may not be in order):

Get Up
Begin the Begin
These Days
Animal
Boy in the Well
Driver 8
High Speed Train
Drive
So Central Rain
Outsiders
I wanted to be wrong
Losing My Religion
Final Straw
Imitation of Life
Walk Unafraid
The One I love
Life and How to Live it

Encore:
NightSwimming ~with cello and oboe. The oboist was so nervous but she did a great job.
Leaving New York
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man on the Moon

We also saw Bill Berry hanging out on Mills' side of the stage. We were hoping for a brief reunion of sorts, but it was not to be. He remained off to the side all evening, enjoying the GREAT show...
Driver 8 and So Central Rain!!! OMG I would love to see those songs in a set again. They are truely awesome in concert. Mike Mills is a sweet heart, I had met him in 1985. Due to prior commitments I will not see them this time around:sad: BILL BERRY! That would of been spectacular if he would of jumped on atage and jammed with them! Oh well, maybe soon. Thank you so much for sharing! ((((((S))))))) - got your email photos!!!! TY!!! Take Care~ANGIE~

U2dork said:
The drummer for the opening band (Now It's Overhead, they were really good) threw his drumsticks, which my friend deflected from hitting me in the face. Mills was throwing picks and Michael threw his hat and harmonica to the people behind and infront of us. After the show, the song lyrics were thrown at us by the crew. I now have Mr. Stipe's stage lyrics for Man on the Moon.

Wow you're so lucky!!! :bow: Stipe's stage lyrics. I would frame them if I were you!!!

Yes we liked Now It's Overhead quite a bit too. Just my style . . . mellow and smoldering :D

REM started with Get Up! What a surprise! I really liked how they dusted off some of the older songs for these concerts. It made a nice contrast to the newer songs from Around the Sun. Yeah too bad Bill didn't join them :(

bangelab33 said:
Driver 8 and So Central Rain!!! OMG I would love to see those songs in a set again. They are truely awesome in concert. Mike Mills is a sweet heart, I had met him in 1985.

Driver 8, one of those songs that eternally sticks in my head.

And the train conductor says take a break driver 8
Driver 8 take a break
We've been on this shift too long. . .

Yes Mike is the sweetest! Some of the fans did get to meet the band afterwards but unfortunately we couldn't stay.

You're welcome A! :wave:

DiGi said:
A few of us got tickets in hopes that it will be REM, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea?

:ohmy: Wow. Hope you're right!

I'm still trying to score REM tickets for Denver next month. I was away when they went on sale and didn't hear about it.
:( It's a pretty small venue, too. :mad:

OMG, REM just scheduled a show in Albuquerque so I don't have to try to get Denver tickets and make the road trip. If I hadn't been checking daily for Denver tickets I would not have known about this. Tickets go on sale Saturday. :D :dance:

And it's a very small theatre!!

Had a great time. Go to my mp3 blog for a blurry pic and some Now its Overhead songs. I liked them.

http://eachnotesecure.modblog.com/

setlist...
Around The Sun
Finest Worksong
Begin the Begin
Animal
Boy In The Well
Exhuming McCarthy
High Speed Train
Cuyahoga
Drive
Electron Blue
The One I Love
Bad Day
I Wanted to Be Wrong
Imitation of Life
Final Straw
Losing My Religion
Walk Unafraid
Life and How To Live It

ENCORES:
Leaving New York
Sweetness Follows
Permanent Vacation
I'm Gonna DJ
Man On The Moon

I can't wait to see them in Seattle next month, and I am SO EXCITED that "Life and How to Live It" has been showing up in every concert.

YAY!

I must've been at the same show as Elvis, at the Taft Theater in Cincinnati. That was the most amazing show. It was right up there next to U2 in Columbus in 2001 as the best show I've ever seen. I really think REM's move into theatres is a very good thing. So what if they can't sell out arenas? The intimacy the other night in Cincinnati was amazing. I love the new songs too.

[BILL BERRY! That would of been spectacular if he would of jumped on atage and jammed with them! Oh well, maybe soon.

already happened, at the show in raleigh, nc on last year's tour. stipe mentioned a "mr. william berry" was in the audience. during the encore, the man himself got onstage, exchanged hugs, and added backing vocals during radio free europe. afterwards, he assumed his rightful place behind the drums. the crowd went abso-fucking-lutely insane, as the band tore into permanent vacation. he got a huge ovation, exchanged more hugs with the guys, then left the stage. the band finished up (of course) with it's the end of the world as we know it (and i feel fine). show over.

oh yes, i was there, and it was one of the greatest concert experiences in my life.

(yes, im gloating)

corianderstem said:
I can't wait to see them in Seattle next month, and I am SO EXCITED that "Life and How to Live It" has been showing up in every concert.

YAY!
They are going to be in Seattle. how many fricking days?!?!?!:ohmy: Lucky you! I keep looking for updated concert dates just for one show around these parts. No luck yet. Maybe they will come back next spring/summer and contiue in the states - fingers crossed

bollox said:

already happened, at the show in raleigh, nc on last year's tour. stipe mentioned a "mr. william berry" was in the audience. during the encore, the man himself got onstage, exchanged hugs, and added backing vocals during radio free europe. afterwards, he assumed his rightful place behind the drums. the crowd went abso-fucking-lutely insane, as the band tore into permanent vacation. he got a huge ovation, exchanged more hugs with the guys, then left the stage. the band finished up (of course) with it's the end of the world as we know it (and i feel fine). show over.

oh yes, i was there, and it was one of the greatest concert experiences in my life.

(yes, im gloating)
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT!!! How awesome for you to see that:applaud: :hyper: :dance: Great story:heart:

Back
Top Bottom