REM and the Stones dig deep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Into their backlogs on tour.

REM rehearsed 75 songs for this tour and have played songs off of every album they have come out with.

Check out this site it tracks what REM is playing on tour and is pretty cool:

http://www.onlineathens.com/rockathens/remsetlists.shtml

The Stones rehearsed 140 (I think) and played a ton.

Do we think the boys from Dublin town could possibly do the same???

I dunno...
Would Bono really want to prance around the stage singing Stories For Boys?

Actually, I bet he would! Although I have a feeling that the Elevation Tour was what they considered their "nostalgia" tour.

I might be wrong.

I agree that it was the greatest hits tour, but they should dig deep for goodies like One Tree Hill and that is not even that deep.

I was very impressed with the REM setlists...

Didnt we already have a thread about this in Everything You Know Is Wrong forum? I would love it if U2 rehearsed and played that many, just wont happen. I think the chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and none.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
may i just point out that rem rules.

Very much so

They played Sitting Still? I wonder if Stipe could remember the words! :wink:

How was Elevation a Greatest Hits tour when they played 7 or so songs from ATYCLB each nite? The Stones and REM are supporting GREATEST HITS albums, with each band playing 1 or 2 new tunes at each show.

MrBrau1 said:
How was Elevation a Greatest Hits tour when they played 7 or so songs from ATYCLB each nite? The Stones and REM are supporting GREATEST HITS albums, with each band playing 1 or 2 new tunes at each show.

Where in the case of the Stones a new tune is any song they've written after 1981. :mac:

Sorry, couldn't resist myself. :D

C ya!

Marty (who looking forward to see the Stones in August)

P.S. Sorry Flaming Friar Sr for the comment above. They do have many great songs, I'm listening to 37 Licks in my car at the moment.

Popmartijn said:
P.S. Sorry Flaming Friar Sr for the comment above. They do have many great songs, I'm listening to 37 Licks in my car at the moment.

hmm, alright then.

btw youre listening to this great music, driving a car and are still able to type this message?? nice :up:

I forgot to mention I was also brushing my teeth and explaining the way to a hard-to-find location to the person in the car next to me while going 120 on the highway. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom