Releases You Can't Wait For In 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
i thought the strokes had leaked already?

in fact, i'm 99.9 per cent sure it has.

I heard a radio station here playing a track from it the other day (heavy on the strings). I wasn't really paying attention, but it sounded like they had the whole album there and were letting it out bit by bit.

Cos we haven't got it here yet, and cos I've heard a couple of tracks from it off their website, I'll have to go with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's debut album. And if Lambchop decide to put something new out (Kurt Wagner's track with X-Press 2 was fantastic) then that too! Oh, and Radiohead of course.

Well Chinese Democracy - Guns N' Roses will be my most anticipated album ever if a release date is ever announced but as for albums that are supposedly coming out for sure I can't wait for Soul Asylum's new album.

clap your hands say yeah are good, i agree, but are they really putting something out in 06?

secret machines is another band that i have high hopes for. i hope they really mess up their sound more, because when they do on songs like "sad and lonely" they do a great 7ob of it. i'd love to see them take it to another level...

Zoomerang96 said:
clap your hands say yeah are good, i agree, but are they really putting something out in 06?

Their debut album's not out in Ireland yet. Only comes out at the end of next week. So it's new to us but old on the other side of the Atlantic.

chilli peppers
radiohead
killers (i think there's one out this year)
arcade fire
snow patrol
muse (is there one?)

and while ive never even heard the single i'd be interested to hear what Arctic Monkeys album sounds like seeing such a fuss has been made over the single over here?

according to pitchfork, bloc party is recording the follow-up to silent alarm to be released in '06, so i'll be looking forward to that as well.

i also got a chance to listen to the new mogwai album (it drops in march), and it rocks muchly, for those of you who are into that sorta thing.

The new Richard Ashcroft album, admittedly, he's not as good as he was when he was in The Verve, but... what the heck, I like his new single Break The Night With Colour.

Most anticipated release: "You in Reverse" by Built to Spill (in March)

Also, the soon-to-be-released Mogwai album.

Oh, it'll be nice to get a Radiohead album, but i don't think it'll be ready this year. They'll probably try some new songs out in a mini-tour, then get back into the studio to finish the album they just started.

Back
Top Bottom