Regional myths - Have you ever seen anything weird/heard strange noises? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Regional myths - Have you ever seen anything weird/heard strange noises?

I was reading a thread in a new Argentina forum about national/regional myths, i.e: el chupacabras in Mexico/Chile, la llorona (the weeping one) in Argentina, etc.

Have you ever seen anything weird/paranormal that you can't really find an explanation for?

Tell me! I'm curious.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:08 AM
don't make scared

Old 02-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! I'm gonna come to France and get you...and then we can go drinking of course!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

but yay for the pubs

Flav and MissMa in Paris streets ... DRUNK
Old 02-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:08 PM
I've got two stories for ya.

Story One: Near where I grew up in New Jersey, there's a place called Gravity Hill. Basically, it's this big, long hill with an old white house at the top. If you sit in your car at the bottom of the hill and put it in 'neutral,' the car actually rolls UP the hill! It starts off slowly, then progressively gets faster & faster---almost as if you're going downhill, but you're clearly going up! The story is that there was an old couple who lived in the house on top of the hill. They got into a big argument & the husband killed the wife, cut her up into pieces, and buried her under the front porch. The next day, as the husband drove down the hill toward work, the wife's ghost hand pulled him back up toward the house--and he was never seen again! The hill is apparently an optical illusion, and it's not really a hill at all. However, you've got to see this place---it seriously looks like you're going uphill!

Story Two: My friend Joe is one of the most serious people I know. He's not one to tell a joke, he doesn't have the greatest imagination, he makes all of his powerpoint slides for school projects in gray, etc., etc. Thus, when he told me & some other friends this story one night, we were all weirded out. One night when he was around 8 years old, he woke up in the middle of the night. He went into his parents' room, woke up his mom & said in a very serious voice, "Grandma's dead." About ten minutes later, they got a phonecall from his mom's brother----sure enough, his grandmother had passed away. That story always freaks me out.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissMaCo

Now that WOULD be scary

Old 02-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

Story One: Near where I grew up in New Jersey, there's a place called Gravity Hill. Basically, it's this big, long hill with an old white house at the top. If you sit in your car at the bottom of the hill and put it in 'neutral,' the car actually rolls UP the hill! It starts off slowly, then progressively gets faster & faster---almost as if you're going downhill, but you're clearly going up! The story is that there was an old couple who lived in the house on top of the hill. They got into a big argument & the husband killed the wife, cut her up into pieces, and buried her under the front porch. The next day, as the husband drove down the hill toward work, the wife's ghost hand pulled him back up toward the house--and he was never seen again! The hill is apparently an optical illusion, and it's not really a hill at all. However, you've got to see this place---it seriously looks like you're going uphill!

Story Two: My friend Joe is one of the most serious people I know. He's not one to tell a joke, he doesn't have the greatest imagination, he makes all of his powerpoint slides for school projects in gray, etc., etc. Thus, when he told me & some other friends this story one night, we were all weirded out. One night when he was around 8 years old, he woke up in the middle of the night. He went into his parents' room, woke up his mom & said in a very serious voice, "Grandma's dead." About ten minutes later, they got a phonecall from his mom's brother----sure enough, his grandmother had passed away. That story always freaks me out.

The old house that I used to lived at is on ancient burial grounds. I really don't know if that's true or not. Anyways, while I was living there I would always feel this coldness and wind go by me. But only if I was standing in a certain spot. It freaked me out. One time my mom and my sis saw her dead dad in the mirror in her room.

I don't know if this would count as paranormal or whatever. But ever since we've put a pic of my grandmother up on the wall she's invaded my parent's and my aunt's dreams constantly. One example: She gave them a lottery number to play and so they played it. They won not once but twice!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

I don't know if this would count as paranormal or whatever. But ever since we've put a pic of my grandmother up on the wall she's invaded my parent's and my aunt's dreams constantly. One example: She gave them a lottery number to play and so they played it. They won not once but twice!
Can I borrow that picture?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:48 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Old 02-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by MissMaCo

but yay for the pubs

God save Paris!

Marie, come to London in June! Pretty pretty please! Even if it is for a weekend!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

Story Number 1: Do you have pics of that place?

Story Number 2: The same thing happened to my cousin. Her dad commited suicide at his mother's house. My aunt and my cousin were in a different house at that time. My cousin got up to go to the toilet and when she walked past my auntie's room, she saw her dad standing by her parent's bed staring at my auntie, who was asleep (they were living in separate houses at that time). She didn't pay much attention to that and when back to bed. Half an hour later, they got a phone call telling them he had committed suicide. When my auntie told my cousin, she said: But ma, that's not possible! I saw dad standing by you a while ago! My auntie just went pale.

Freaky or what?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

Now that WOULD be scary

Agreed!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

The old house that I used to lived at is on ancient burial grounds. I really don't know if that's true or not. Anyways, while I was living there I would always feel this coldness and wind go by me. But only if I was standing in a certain spot. It freaked me out. One time my mom and my sis saw her dead dad in the mirror in her room.

Can I have a pic of your grandma so she can invade my dreams and tell me the winning numbers of next week's Euromillion draw?

But seriously, that's freaky, specially your ma seeing her dead in the mirror.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse

God save Paris!

Marie, come to London in June! Pretty pretty please! Even if it is for a weekend!
that'd be great

Although I'll still be working in June

:hastofindasolution:
Old 02-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

Now that WOULD be scary