Regional myths - Have you ever seen anything weird/heard strange noises? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissMaCo

that'd be great

Although I'll still be working in June

:hastofindasolution:
Call in sick on Friday, fly out to London on that very same day and fly back home on Sunday evening! Voila!

Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse

Story Number 1: Do you have pics of that place?
No, but I think it's featured in a book called "Weird NJ," which documents all kinds of oddities like this place that my lovely home state has.

Quote:
Story Number 2: The same thing happened to my cousin. Her dad commited suicide at his mother's house. My aunt and my cousin were in a different house at that time. My cousin got up to go to the toilet and when she walked past my auntie's room, she saw her dad standing by her parent's bed staring at my auntie, who was asleep (they were living in separate houses at that time). She didn't pay much attention to that and when back to bed. Half an hour later, they got a phone call telling them he had committed suicide. When my auntie told my cousin, she said: But ma, that's not possible! I saw dad standing by you a while ago! My auntie just went pale.
Whoah.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

Story One: Near where I grew up in New Jersey, there's a place called Gravity Hill. Basically, it's this big, long hill with an old white house at the top. If you sit in your car at the bottom of the hill and put it in 'neutral,' the car actually rolls UP the hill! It starts off slowly, then progressively gets faster & faster---almost as if you're going downhill, but you're clearly going up! The story is that there was an old couple who lived in the house on top of the hill. They got into a big argument & the husband killed the wife, cut her up into pieces, and buried her under the front porch. The next day, as the husband drove down the hill toward work, the wife's ghost hand pulled him back up toward the house--and he was never seen again! The hill is apparently an optical illusion, and it's not really a hill at all. However, you've got to see this place---it seriously looks like you're going uphill!

there's a place like that here in Los Angeles. my cousin has been there and says it works. he says its super dark and hella scary. apparently it has something to do with magnetic poles or something. now that i have a car. . . i've gotta try
Old 02-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #19
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

These are all eerie stories. I like these, and believe in ghosts and the paranormal etc. The only story I have to share is a haunted Toys R Us store in Sunnyvale California where I grew up. It's been on TV a couple times. Apparently the store was built on land that once occupied a farmhouse where a child had died. Word is the child never really "passed on" and is stuck between worlds or something like that. But people who were lucky enough to be in the store overnight when most of the weird things happened were witness to things being knocked off shelves or moved about the store, or the sounds of toys being played with. Employees say it was a friendly vibe this "ghost child" had, and that it was quite playful. It was an almost daily basis when they would open the store to find things on the floors or moved about the store.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #20
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo

No, but I think it's featured in a book called "Weird NJ," which documents all kinds of oddities like this place that my lovely home state has.
the mafia?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #21
Refugee

Ok, my turn, now this is first hand experience some years ago we were playing ouija, 5 of us, myself and someone else were "moving" the planchette we were just asking really stupid questions when suddenly I asked who wer were talking to, I guess it got mad because it started to move so freaking fast that it would literally slip of our fingers, anyway we grab the thing and put it back in the box. Right after that we holded hands around the table and started praying when the lights turned off and on twice, It scared the hell out of us that we went running to the 2nd floor of my friends' house that we stayed there for the whole night

to this day we don't know what the hell was that all about
Old 02-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I cant wait for the BAWs to get back, they've got a good one about our old house, they had to have it blessed by a priest.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 03:56 PM
My aunt and uncle had their house blessed by a priest because of some strange things that were taking place inside of the house. I have several stories that I could share and photos too.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:25 PM   #24
Blue Crack Overdose

I still have the Ouija board from when we were kids. It's in great shape because each time we'd get it out we'd either end up fighting, accusing each other of moving the planchette, or we'd get spooked by it. I'm still skeptical about them tho. I wonder what would happen if I tried it myself?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 PM
VA, eastern US. Oh YES I've had some weird stuff happen! I'd love to share my stories as long as no one is going to come make fun of me.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:40 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 PM   #27
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
I still have the Ouija board from when we were kids. It's in great shape because each time we'd get it out we'd either end up fighting, accusing each other of moving the planchette, or we'd get spooked by it. I'm still skeptical about them tho. I wonder what would happen if I tried it myself?
Don't do it!

You don't want to mess with that stuff

I seriously think this game opens up a spiritual realm that you don't wanna mess with
Old 02-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:56 PM
One should not worry about the appearance of people who die.

This has happened many times, and there are many records of it. It seems that there is a connection.

There´s no need to be scared.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:35 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Chupacabra

He's in my sig.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:21 AM   #30
Blue Crack Overdose

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
VA, eastern US. Oh YES I've had some weird stuff happen! I'd love to share my stories as long as no one is going to come make fun of me.

No one will make fun of you. Should they even attempt, they will have the wrath of me to deal with. Muwahahahaha!

Let's hear your stories!